NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

The Nintendo Switch's eShop releases for the 28th of September;

Switch Retail Downloads
FIFA 18 (EA, €59.99 / £54.99) – Available from Friday 29th of September.
One Piece Unlimited World Red – Deluxe Edition (Bandai Namco, €59.99 / £54.99) – Available from Friday 29th of September.

Switch eShop
Arcade Archives Mario Bros. (Nintendo / HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)
Golf Story (Sidebar Games, €14.99 / £13.49)
Picross S (Jupiter Corporation, €7.99 / £7.19)
Deemo (Flyhigh Works, €29.00 / £26.09)
Conga Master Party! (Rising Star Games, €8.99 / £7.99)
Binaries (Ant Workshop, €11.99 / £9.99)
BUTCHER (Crunching Koalas, €9.99 / £8.99)
INVERSUS Deluxe (Hypersect, €11.99 / £10.99)
Pankapu (Plug In Digital, €11.99 / £10.99)
Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch Story:COMBAT (INSIDE SYSTEM, €8.99 / £8.09)
Astro Bears Party (QubicGames, €4.99 / £4.49)
Burning Fight (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)
Sparkle 2 (10tons, €7.99 / £6.99)
Physical Contact: Picture Place (Collavier Corporation, €3.80 / £3.39)

Switch DLC
FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Points – 100 FIFA 18 Points Pack (EA, €0.99 / £0.79)
FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Points – 250 FIFA 18 Points Pack (EA, €2.49 / £1.99)
FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Points – 500 FIFA 18 Points Pack (EA, €4.99 / £3.99)
FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Points – 750 FIFA 18 Points Pack (EA, €7.49 / £5.99)
FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Points – 1050 FIFA 18 Points Pack (EA, €9.99 / £7.99)
FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Points – 1600 FIFA 18 Points Pack (EA, €14.99 / £11.99)
FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Points – 2200 FIFA 18 Points Pack (EA, €19.99 / £15.99)
FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Points – 4600 FIFA 18 Points Pack (EA, €39.99 / £31.99)
FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Points – 12000 FIFA 18 Points Pack (EA, €99.99 / £79.99)
Mighty Gunvolt Burst: DLC Character: Joule (Inti Creates, €1.99 / £1.79)
Mighty Gunvolt Burst: DLC Character: Call (Inti Creates, €1.99 / £1.79)

Switch eShop Temporary Discounts
Thumper (Drool LLC, €14.99 / £11.99 until 2nd October, regular price €19.99 / £15.99)
Death Squared (SMG Studio, €10.00 / £9.59 until 9th October, regular price €12.50 / £11.99)
The Bridge (The Quantum Astrophysicist’s Guild, €7.99 / £7.19 until 5th October, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dazzybee said:

I love picos. No touch screen controls bothers me greatly though...

I never used the stylus on the DS.. I find the dpad to be much faster and easier.

So many eShop games on my watch list it's not even funny, but I finally made a start on picking them up the other day with Thumper, seeing as it's currently on sale. :hehe:

Absolutely mental game. Was always tempted to get it on PS4 back when it first came out, but never got around to it. Still quite surprised it was ported to the Switch actually, but it looks like they did an amazing job. Highly recommended for anyone that enjoys rhythm/twitch gameplay, it's pretty bloody stressful though! Definitely not a game you can relax to. :laughing:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Grazza said:

A hearty welcome back, @RedShell.  I take a look at what you're playing on the Switch every now and then, but am glad you came back.

Thanks Grazza. :)

And congrats on becoming N-E staff! :peace:

• Thanks 1

After the talk about the e-shop wishlist, I had a quick look at mine to check for any discounts and releasedates.. Earth Atlantis was a bit curious. I hadn't noticed, but it has disappeared from the coming soon section. It's still in my wishlist though, and has an actual release date: 05-10-2017. Not only that, unlike other games which haven't been released yet, this game actually gave you the option to purchase it. I don't consider this game high priority, and I don't want to spend too much in a short period of time (Kingdom: new lands (which I don't recommend by the way) Steamworld Dig 2, Mario Bros, Golf Story, Picross, Mario at the end of October, and I'm stil going to order Axiom Verge, although the physical release seems to be at a later date), but it's tempting to purchase it just to see what happens. For science. If someone wants this game more than I do.. I'd love to know what happens.

Edited by Sméagol

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

After the talk about the e-shop wishlist, I had a quick look at mine to check for any discounts and releasedates.. Earth Atlantis was a bit curious. I hadn't noticed, but it has disappeared from the coming soon section. It's still in my wishlist though, and has an actual release date: 05-10-2017. Not only that, unlike other games which haven't been released yet, this game actually gave you the option to purchase it. I don't consider this game high priority, and I don't want to spend too much in a short period of time (Kingdom: new lands (which I don't recommend by the way) Steamworld Dig 2, Mario Bros, Golf Story, Picross, Mario at the end of October, and I'm stil going to order Axiom Verge, although the physical release seems to be at a later date), but it's tempting to purchase it just to see what happens. For science. If someone wants this game more than I do.. I'd love to know what happens.

Sorry, I don't quite follow, but I'm interested in the game so might be able to provide an answer.  Most likely if you pay for it now you'll be able to download it on release date (or have I completely understood the question?)

16 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Sorry, I don't quite follow, but I'm interested in the game so might be able to provide an answer.  Most likely if you pay for it now you'll be able to download it on release date (or have I completely understood the question?)

The game has disappeared from the Coming Soon section on the eShop but those who put it in their wishlist can still see it. For some reason it has the option to buy the game, despite not being out yet. He wants to know if someone was to buy it now if the game would actually download now, rather than next week.

I think that's what he's asking. :D

The game was rumoured to be coming out last week but this got changed at the last minute. I'm guessing the game is actually ready but it got shifted as there was already a crazy amount of games being released on that day/week.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The game has disappeared from the Coming Soon section on the eShop but those who put it in their wishlist can still see it. For some reason it has the option to buy the game, despite not being out yet. He wants to know if someone was to buy it now if the game would actually download now, rather than next week.

I think that's what he's asking. :D

The game was rumoured to be coming out last week but this got changed at the last minute. I'm guessing the game is actually ready but it got shifted as there was already a crazy amount of games being released on that day/week.

I hope I've just had too many late nights recently, because I've been a bit hard-of-thinking!

Anyway, yeah, it's there in mine.  £13.49, which I don't think is bad.  I'm guessing I just wouldn't be able to download it until it's available, but still, it's tempting.

Edited by Grazza

I played through Mighty Gunvolt Burst again yesterday evening. This time I played through hard mode and used Gunvolt. I was trying to complete the challenge of finishing the game in under an hour. I was 15 mins off. Maybe doing it on hard wasn't the best idea. :D I really enjoyed it though and I did manage to get S ranks on every level, which is needed for 100%. I'm just in the process of mopping up all the items with him and then I will have another crack at the 1 hour challenge.

I love this game. It has so much replay value and i've still yet to play through it with the other 3 characters! Just like Blaster Master Zero, there's a crazy amount of content to go through and enjoy.

Today we get Axiom Verge, Stardew Valley, Earth Atantis and Volgarr the Viking (I'm interested in that one).  This is actually crazy!

Yeah, it's crazy at the moment. I think I'll go for Axiom Verge, never got that for WiiU but it looks like my type of game.

Haven't played much Switch over the past month but jumped into Stardew Valley as soon as it was up today and put in a good 2 or 3 hours already. I urge anyone who had any kind of love for Harvest Moon or Rune Factory to pick it up, the game is a masterpiece and easily one of my favourite indie games of all time. £10.99 is a fantastic price for a game filled to the brim with content and things to do. Anyone looking for an authentic SNES experience, kinda in the way Sonic Mania was an authentic 16-bit Sonic experience, you won't be disappointed.

5th of October Switch eShop releases;

Switch eShop
Stardew Valley (Chucklefish LTD, €13.99 / £10.99)
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (Asteroid Base, €14.99 / £11.99)
Axiom Verge (Thomas Happ Games, €17.99 / £14.99)
Oxenfree (Night School, €19.99 / £15.99) – Available from Friday, 6th of October.
Earth Atlantis (Headup Games, €14.99 / £13.49)
Tumblestone (The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild, €12.99 / £11.99)
Ninja Shodown (Rising Star Games, €12.99 / £9.99)
Volgarr the Viking (Crazy Viking, €9.99 / £8.99)
Metal Slug X (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)
Tower of Babel (EnjoyUp Games, €9.99 / £8.99)

Switch eShop Demos
Just Dance 2018 (Ubisoft, free)
Spelunker Party! (Square Enix, free) – Available from Saturday, 7th of October.

Switch DLC
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Pixel Pack (Ubisoft, €2.99 / £2.49) – Included in season pass.
Infinite Minigolf – Tortuga (Zen Studios, free)

• Thanks 3

I went for Earth Atlantis and Stardew Valley, but couldn't afford Axiom Verge.

Earth Atlantis certainly seems pretty good.  I can't say exactly how good, as I haven't played enough of it, but it seems solid enough for those who like the look of it.  Stardew Valley... we'll see.

Stardew Valley, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Axiom Verge and Oxenfree all in the same week!

There are too many to play this year, my watch list on the eShop is getting ridiculous! 

It's always the way, you wait ages for an ACA NeoGeo review... :rolleyes:

n-europe Review

content-2-35262-magicaldrop2sidebox.jpg

ACA NeoGeo
Magical Drop II

...and then two come along at once! ;)

n-europe Review

content-2-35264-aerofighters2sidebox.jpg

ACA NeoGeo
Aero Fighters 2

I'll try and get the next ones out soon.

If anyone has any requests for which Arcade Archives game they'd like to see reviewed next then let me know...

...otherwise, it'll definitely be a fighting game. :p

Enjoy!

:peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I bought Axiom Verge the other day. What a great game that is! I've spend about 7 hours with it and my main complaint is that I still have a hard time navigating the game because of 1) no warping and 2) every envronment looks the same making it hard to remember where that secret is. 

Otherwise, I love the upgrades available - they are totally non-typical for the genre (but still recognisable) and the story seems quite interesting and kind of philosophically deep. Definitely a thumbs up from me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a warning about Earth Atlantis.  I thought it was pretty decent at first, but it gets more unplayable the further you get into it (and it doesn't take too long either).  It will be interesting to see what reviews say, because I think it's only for the very most skilled players.

17 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Just a warning about Earth Atlantis.  I thought it was pretty decent at first, but it gets more unplayable the further you get into it (and it doesn't take too long either).  It will be interesting to see what reviews say, because I think it's only for the very most skilled players.

I was interested in this. Does it play like the old R-Type/Nemesis games?