NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

I think I read GameInformer did a preview with the devs recently and it was "a few weeks away". Also apparently there's a news group that's just popped up for it on Switch so can't be much longer to wait.

A suggestion, should this thread be stickied instead of the 3DS one?

Oh and Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time announced as coming October 3rd. Ideal Switch game.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

A suggestion, should this thread be stickied instead of the 3DS one?

Yes, it should be stickied. But not to replace the 3DS one. It ain't dead yet. Don't be that guy who wants the 3DS to die.

I'm definitely that guy. Love the 3DS but six and a half years later at 240p come on

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I'm definitely that guy. Love the 3DS but six and a half years later at 240p come on

"It's not what you've got it's how you use it." :heh:

• Like 2

The 3DS is pretty much dead. Unsticky I say, if it isn’t dead it’ll stay on the first page. But let’s move on like Nintendo should even more. Average sales of metroid show people don’t really want 3ds anymore. 

15 hours ago, dazzybee said:

The 3DS is pretty much dead. Unsticky I say, if it isn’t dead it’ll stay on the first page. But let’s move on like Nintendo should even more. Average sales of metroid show people don’t really want 3ds anymore. 

Using Metroid to declare the 3DS dead is using the wrong franchise.

Metroid pretty much never sells well. Let's wait until Pokemon, eh?

20 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I'm looking at Monster Hunter Stories, and that game proves the 3DS can still do gorgeous looking games.

• Like 2

There's a fair bit of complaining on places like Reddit and gaf about certain Switch games having ugly home menu icons. Snake Pass started it all when they updated their nice one to the current fugly one. Lego Worlds, Kingdom New Lands and Sonic followed suit, and the latest is Steamworld Dig 2...

DKBNhFjX0AAmhGH.jpg

Thankfully the awesome guys at Image & Form are listening...

Roll up, roll up, for the Switch eShop releases coming at you from 21st of September;

Switch Retail Downloads
Pokkén Tournament DX (Nintendo, €59.99 / £49.99) – Available from 22nd September.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Bandai Namco, €59.99 / £54.99) – Available from 22nd September.

Switch eShop
SteamWorld Dig 2 (Image & Form, €19.99 / £14.99)
Thimbleweed Park (Terrible Toybox, €19.99 / £14.99)
Art of Fighting (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)

Nintendo Switch DLC
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 – Character Unlock (Bandai Namco, free)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 – Legend Patrol (Bandai Namco, free)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 – DLC Bundle (Bandai Namco, €24.99 / £19.99)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 – DB Super Pack 1 (Bandai Namco, €7.99 / £6.49)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 – DB Super Pack 2 (Bandai Namco, €7.99 / £6.49)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 – DB Super Pack 3 (Bandai Namco, €7.99 / £6.49)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 – DB Super Pack 4 (Bandai Namco, €7.99 / £6.49)

Switch eShop Temporary Discounts
Puyo Puyo Tetris (Koch Media, €31.99 / £27.99 until 28th September, regular price €39.99 / £34.99)
Human Resource Machine (Tomorrow Corporation, €8.49 / £7.64 until 28th September, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)
Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation, €8.49 / £7.64 until 28th September, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)
World of Goo (Tomorrow Corporation, €8.49 / £7.64 until 28th September, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I love the minimal icons..

Nope, I like to know what games are at a glance. You can't assume everyone knows what a game is from some vague icon.

22 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Nope, I like to know what games are at a glance. You can't assume everyone knows what a game is from some vague icon.

You don't have to assume everyone will know what an icon is, but you can assume the one who bought the game knows what the icon is. And the 3 of the 4 shown above are far from vague. Plus the title is shown above. The only one I find too minimal (as far as I'm aware) is Lego Worlds

I put an hour or so into Thimbleweed Park last night and it hasn't disappointed so far. Already i've seen various nods to stuff like Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle and this next reference had me in stitches.

DKTSK5_UQAUr1VG.jpg

DKTSPlQVAAAGpBP.jpg

The writing has also been hilarious. The game is very aware of itself, much like how the Monkey Island games were. 

Also, I think it's the perfect game to settle down with on a night. I was curled up in bed playing this in handheld mode, just taking it easy and picking up the random stuff I could find and interacting with whatever the game would allow me to. Yup, I think i'm gonna enjoy playing through this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, londragon said:

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 – Character Unlock (Bandai Namco, free)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 – Legend Patrol (Bandai Namco, free)

Just a heads up in regards to this, apparently the free stuff is only available for a month, so if you plan on buying the game in the future then go download it now. I found the Legend Patrol on the eShop but couldn't find the Character Unlock.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I put an hour or so into Thimbleweed Park last night and it hasn't disappointed so far. Already i've seen various nods to stuff like Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle and this next reference had me in stitches.

DKTSK5_UQAUr1VG.jpg

DKTSPlQVAAAGpBP.jpg

The writing has also been hilarious. The game is very aware of itself, much like how the Monkey Island games were. 

Also, I think it's the perfect game to settle down with on a night. I was curled up in bed playing this in handheld mode, just taking it easy and picking up the random stuff I could find and interacting with whatever the game would allow me to. Yup, I think i'm gonna enjoy playing through this.

Cant wait to get started, is it touch screen too? Could you play it just touch screen without joy cons, almost like a tablet game?

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I put an hour or so into Thimbleweed Park last night and it hasn't disappointed so far.

[..]

Being a P&C adventure, how are the Switch controls?

1 minute ago, dazzybee said:

Cant wait to get started, is it touch screen too? Could you play it just touch screen without joy cons, almost like a tablet game?

I didn't try, so anyone feel free to correct me, but I don't think it has touchscreen support.

1 minute ago, Sméagol said:

Being a P&C adventure, how are the Switch controls?

The cursor movement is a little too fast for my liking but other than that it plays fine using a pad/joy-cons.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The cursor movement is a little too fast for my liking but other than that it plays fine using a pad/joy-cons.

Can't you hold the triggers to change the speed of the cursor?

6 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Can't you hold the triggers to change the speed of the cursor?

No idea. I never tried. :D