NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

I've been playing some King of Fighters '98... so smooth and fluid compared to '94.  I can see why that one is considered the ultimate Neo Geo fighter.

Anyway, I noticed no Neo Geo title is in the "Coming Soon" section.  I wonder if there will be a Nintendo Direct soon, part of which will preview the next batch?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Grazza said:

I've been playing some King of Fighters '98... so smooth and fluid compared to '94.  I can see why that one is considered the ultimate Neo Geo fighter.

Anyway, I noticed no Neo Geo title is in the "Coming Soon" section.  I wonder if there will be a Nintendo Direct soon, part of which will preview the next batch?

Could be.  We're probably due a new ND soon...

That being said, we already know what the next 5 upcoming NeoGeo games are.  To quote myself from an earlier post in the thread where Hamster announced the next batch...

• SNK side-scrolling platform game Magician Lord
  • SNK puzzle game Puzzled (Has only ever been re-released on the Wii VC in Japan only)
  • NMK Horizontal shooter Zed Blade (Never been re-released on any prior platform)
  • SNK side scrolling platform game Blue’s Journey
  • Data East platform beat-em-up Spinmaster
  • SNK fighting game Art of Fighting

5 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Could be.  We're probably due a new ND soon...

That being said, we already know what the next 5 upcoming NeoGeo games are.  To quote myself from an earlier post in the thread where Hamster announced the next batch..

Ah, OK.  In that case, the batch after that might be:

• Art of Fighting 2
  • Fatal Fury 3
  • King of Fighters '95
  • King of Fighters '96
  • King of the Monsters
  • The Last Blade
  • Pulstar
  • Samurai Shodown II
  • Sengoku 2
  • Super Baseball 2020
  • World Heroes
  • World Heroes 2

Just going by Wikipedia's list of ones that have been released on PS4/Xbox One, but not Switch.  I'm hoping for Metal Slug X, personally.

• Like 2

I made it past the second peak in Tumbleseed but only after a few moments of complete frustration. I feel like i've really got used to the movement now and the only thing that is causing me problems now are the enemies. Feel much more optimistic about the game now and - fingers crossed - feel like i'm on my way to completing it. 

EA's 'indie' strand 'EA Originals' first title 'Fe' has been announced for release on Switch in early 2018. It's good to see EA is willing to bring one of it's smaller titles to the console, hopefully that means we'll see decent support from them going forward.

• Like 1

Paypal payment option is being added soon.

The Switch eShop is adding a brand new payment option. Going forward, system owners will be able to use PayPal to add funds to their balance.

PayPal can’t be used directly with Wii U or 3DS. However, any game purchased on Nintendo’s website can be used with PayPal. That means if you’re purchasing a Switch, Wii U, or 3DS game on the site, PayPal is an option if you’re short on funds.

We are seeing the PayPal option on Switch in Japan at present. However, nothing appears to be live in North America or Europe. Today’s announcement did indicate that the PayPal option will be extended worldwide, so we’ll let you know if we see anything.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 9:24 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Pokken demo is coming soon to the eShop.

Soon = this Thursday!

• Like 1

Hope it doesn't tempt me into buying it, really enjoyed the Wii U demo, but theres just too many switch games to play I don't have time...

54 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Hope it doesn't tempt me into buying it, really enjoyed the Wii U demo, but theres just too many switch games to play I don't have time...

Tell me about it.  I have really wanted to pick up Mario and Rabbids, but am in 2 minds now.  MK8, ARMS and Splatoon 2 are just drinking my time away.  Don't know when I'll get time to play it.

• Like 1

I wish the Pokken demo included a practice mode.. The tutorial skips over a lot of things, and I'd like to learn the moves i a controlled environment. It confirmed to me what I already suspected though: it's fun, and probably especially at multiplayer parties, but not a priority. I prefer Arms, and I'll get that one before I get this one, if I ever do.

I'm considering picking up Forma 8.. I can take or leave the visuals, but the atmosphere and gameplay look good. Pizcle (or whatever) actually also looks like a good match for someone who likes nonograms (or picross puzzles). Not totally fond of the style, but I could look passed that. It's the kind of puzzle game I find perfect for on the go, but I don't think I'll get it right away, it's also not a priority. Better (indie) games, and dlc, coming up.

Where's the best place to buy digital codes for Switch games? Looking for the best prices for Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

On 22/08/2017 at 7:28 AM, Dcubed said:

Sweet.  Should make buying from foreign stores much easier :D

Nope, your card still needs to be from the same region. :cry:

• Like 1

24th of August Switch eShop goodies;

Nintendo Switch Retail Download
Minecraft: Story Mode – The Complete Adventure (Telltale Games, €44.99 / £39.99)

Switch eShop
forma.8 (MixedBag, €9.99 / £8.99)
Piczle Lines DX (Rainy Frog, €14.99 / £13.99)
Puzzled (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)

Switch eShop Demos
ARMS Global Testpunch (Nintendo, free) – until 9pm UK / 10pm CEST on 27th of August.
Pokkén Tournament DX (Nintendo, free)

Switch eShop Temporary Discount
Astro Duel Deluxe (Panic Button, €8.39 / £7.55 until 27th August, regular price €13.99 / £12.59)

Switch eShop Conditional Discounts
The Jackbox Party Pack (Jackbox Games, €16.79 / £15.19 if user owns at least one of The Jackbox Party Pack games, regular price €20.99 / £18.99)
The Jackbox Party Pack 2 (Jackbox Games, €16.79 / £15.19 if user owns at least one of The Jackbox Party Pack games, regular price €20.99 / £18.99)
The Jackbox Party Pack 3 (Jackbox Games, €19.19 / £16.02 if user owns at least one of The Jackbox Party Pack games, regular price €23.99 / £20.49)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ike said:

Nope, your card still needs to be from the same region. :cry:

Profound sadness :cry: 

I was too impatient to wait for Metal Slug X and so bought Metal Slug 2 instead.

The slowdown is as bad as it's reputed to be, but I genuinely don't mind it as it makes the game a bit easier.  Stylistically, it's a crazier game than the first one, but not as over the top as the third - it's weird, but not ultra-irritating.  The bosses are my favourite from the three entries I've played so far, as they have sub-weapons you can attack, giving quite a lot more strategy to them.

Overall, a very enjoyable game.  I would recommend playing it if you enjoyed the first, with the caveat that you might still want to wait for Metal Slug X instead.

• Like 1

This should please you, Grazza. Double Dragon 4 is coming out 7th Sept. Apparently it has had a bunch of fixes to sort out the issues that hampered the PS4 version.

• Like 1

This should please you, Grazza. Double Dragon 4 is coming out 7th Sept. Apparently it has had a bunch of fixes to sort out the issues that hampered the PS4 version.

I heard it was abysmal. Will this be worth it even with the fixes? I do like a good brawler.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Been playing some Aero Fighters 2, which has a surprise that Shantae fans may find amusing:

DIep5UxVwAAFGbv.jpg:large

Squid Baron?

The game is a bit like Ghouls 'n Ghosts, where you effectively have to play through twice.  The final boss is normally the same for both cycles, but this time at the "halfway" point it was different!  I played through afterwards with the same character, but couldn't get this boss to appear again.

Edited by Grazza
  • Like 2

Was very surprised to receive a Nintendo survey about Fatal Fury Special!  But hey, I'm not complaining - I'll answer any for them.

Voez, the rhythm game which was available since launch, released a demo. Downloading it right now. I like the style, but I'm nt sure about the gameplay.

And Gunvolt is out, though I'll buy a physical release when I have the money.

31st of August Switch eShop releases;

Nintendo Switch Retail Download
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Ubisoft, €59.99 / £49.99)
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack (Inti Creates, €34.99 / £31.49)

Switch eShop
League of Evil (Ratalaika Games, €7.99 / £7.19)
Zed Blade (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)
Sky Ride (Mutan, €6.99 / £6.29)

Switch DLC
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Season Pass (Ubisoft, €19.99 / £15.99)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero – Pirate Queen’s Quest (WayForward, €9.99 / £8.99)
Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition – Biome Settlers Skin Pack 3 (Mojang, €1.99 / £1.59)

Switch eShop Demo
VOEZ (Flyhigh Works, free)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Voez, the rhythm game which was available since launch, released a demo. Downloading it right now. I like the style, but I'm nt sure about the gameplay.

I've had my eye on it for a while but I think it looks to be a bit pricey. Saying that, people who have played it say it's great and the game keeps getting updated with free songs.

48 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've had my eye on it for a while but I think it looks to be a bit pricey. Saying that, people who have played it say it's great and the game keeps getting updated with free songs.

Exactly the same, love rhythm games, loads of songs, nice handheld game, but the price is way too high. Pleased there's a demo!