NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

Wait, Flip Wars is online? More tempted now...

Yeah. Complete death matches etc. All local and online. Looks like a better prospect than Bomberman for me

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

13th of July Switch eShop releases;

Nintendo Switch Retail Download
Cars 3: Driven to Win (WB Games, €59.99 / £49.99) – Available from Friday, 14th of July.

Nintendo Switch eShop
Bulb Boy (Bulbware, €7.99 / £7.19)
De Mambo (The Dangerous Kitchen, €10.99 / £9.99)
Death Squared (SMG Studios, €12.50 / £11.99)
Fatal Fury Special (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)
Levels+: Addictive Puzzle Game (flow, €4.99 / £4.99)

Switch eShop Temporary Discount
Puyo Puyo Tetris (Koch Media, €31.99 / £27.99 until 21st July, regular price €39.99 / £34.99)

• Like 2

Have to say I'm a really big fan of Nintendo's eShop curation on the Switch, so far at least. It's so much better than having the shop flooded every week. This way the good games get far more attention (and likely sales) and there's genuine interest each week in what's new.

Also having recently navigated the horror show that is the PS4 store, I've learned to appreciate Switch's quick, barebones eShop interface.

Edited by Ronnie

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Have to say I'm a really big fan of Nintendo's eShop curation on the Switch, so far at least. It's so much better than having the shop flooded every week. This way the good games get far more attention (and likely sales) and there's genuine interest each week in what's new.

Also having recently navigated the horror show that is the PS4 store, I've learned to appreciate Switch's quick, barebones eShop interface.

All it's missing is the music, I miss the Wii/WiiU's shopping music. Switch's sounds so dead without it.

• Like 4

The Switch eShop badly needs better discoverability though.  The lack of filtering options and easily accessible categories is just criminal.  It's actually impossible to find older games without using the search function now!

The Switch eShop is functional on a basic level and nothing more.  Its layout is seriously flawed.  They got it so right with Wii U! That layout was basically perfect! (And the music was rad too)

• Like 3

I thought Binding of Isaac was out this week, the 14th, but no mention of it in the press release??

Do people have any opinions on any of the games released in the last 2 weeks? Some of them I think "maybe" (like those 2 cats, or bulb boy), others I have no idea. Like that vaccine, or those sheep or death squared.

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

Do people have any opinions on any of the games released in the last 2 weeks? Some of them I think "maybe" (like those 2 cats, or bulb boy), others I have no idea. Like that vaccine, or those sheep or death squared.

Death Squared had a good write up at Nintendo Life, and looks to be a co-op game I would enjoy.  The 2 cats (I and Me) also got a good write up by NIntendoLife, but I got a review copy and don't hold it up to their lofty standards.  I found the story pretentious, the puzzles generic, and overall the longevity too short for the asking price.  However, it is a good game for those that like puzzle platformers, with beautiful visuals and sounds.  Its controls are precise and the game never feels unfair.  If it was a fiver, I'd say go for it, but at 9 quid, just a little bit too much for what's on offer, an eventual sale bargain pick-up, definitely.

Another I was interested in was Flip Wars, but the online portion is apparently mired with problems, and a lack of content, stages etc.  Most reviewers have said to hold off buying it until the promised extra free content arrives, if it does.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, londragon said:

Death Squared had a good write up at Nintendo Life, and looks to be a co-op game I would enjoy.  The 2 cats (I and Me) also got a good write up by NIntendoLife, but I got a review copy and don't hold it up to their lofty standards.  I found the story pretentious, the puzzles generic, and overall the longevity too short for the asking price.  However, it is a good game for those that like puzzle platformers, with beautiful visuals and sounds.  Its controls are precise and the game never feels unfair.  If it was a fiver, I'd say go for it, but at 9 quid, just a little bit too much for what's on offer, an eventual sale bargain pick-up, definitely.

Another I was interested in was Flip Wars, but the online portion is apparently mired with problems, and a lack of content, stages etc.  Most reviewers have said to hold off buying it until the promised extra free content arrives, if it does.

Thanks! I've read the review on Nintendolife now.. And it sounds interesting. Sounds like a nice addition next to Snipperclips, so I think I'll get it.

Flip Wars.. My quick impression was that it had a similar appeal as Bomberman, for a much lower price, but also with much less content. 

6 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Thanks! I've read the review on Nintendolife now.. And it sounds interesting. Sounds like a nice addition next to Snipperclips, so I think I'll get it.

Flip Wars.. My quick impression was that it had a similar appeal as Bomberman, for a much lower price, but also with much less content. 

For Flip Wars, they promised extra content after release.  They have fulfilled that with extra stuff, like levels, in Japan, but the online remains questionable.

13 hours ago, londragon said:

I thought Binding of Isaac was out this week, the 14th, but no mention of it in the press release??

Mid September now!

• Like 1

I'm reviewing Flip Wars from the main site and unfortunately I've not been able to find a single match with more than one other player so far. Most of the time the game just sits searching for players. Online seems dead already!

• Like 1

I'm away from any PC for a month, so I won't be posting the eShop updates, but will start back in earnest in August

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Cave Story is £26.99. Twenty six. Ninety-nine. 

Or € 30,-.
I hear it's popular, but it doesn't seem like a € 30,- game to me? And it's half of that on Steam.

Does anyone have any comments about NBA playgrounds after the online patch? Seems like it could be a fun multiplayer game.

11 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Or € 30,-.
I hear it's popular, but it doesn't seem like a € 30,- game to me? And it's half of that on Steam.

Does anyone have any comments about NBA playgrounds after the online patch? Seems like it could be a fun multiplayer game.

Yeah, Cave Story is a little steep, I really want it, but no rush, will wait for a sale!

Playgrounds is really good, rough around the edges but a good game if you like arcade sports games.

• Like 1

I played Cave Story 3D (the polygon version on 3DS).  It's good, and the newer versions are nicer, visually-speaking, but I think £12-15 is more the right price.

There's a Demo for Rayman Legends the Definitive edition available in the EU eshop now

• Like 2

On 20/07/2017 at 10:58 PM, Sméagol said:

Or € 30,-.

Cave Story is an amazing game and I'd say it's worth it, but I can't justify the price when it originally launched commercially at around £7.50 back in 2010 on Wii.  Nicalis are having a laugh here.

I might be able to make a case for getting the physical version at that price, but digitally? Nah... It's extortionate in comparison to literally every single other version of the game available.  It's a must play and one of my very favourite Wii games, but you're better off either getting any other version (I'd recommend the 3DS, non polygon version, or Wii ports) or waiting for a price drop on Switch.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

On 24/07/2017 at 7:07 AM, Helmsly said:

There's a Demo for Rayman Legends the Definitive edition available in the EU eshop now

They removed it from the store. I heard there was some major bug left in one of the levels. I have not experienced this myself, I've only played the first level and some kung football and had enough to form an opinion on it.

• Like 1

Rejoice. Over cooked is arriving on Thursday. Can't wait to get busy in the kitchen

• Like 1

Has Namco Museum always been slated for release tomorrow? (I swear that it was meant to be coming out near the end of August!) Has it been brought forward or am I just being stupid as usual?

Either way I'm happy because I want it :)

Edited by Dcubed

Retro City Rampage DX is on the eshop August 3rd, $14.99 / €14.99 / £12.99

Edited by Helmsly