NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

Here's to more Shantae! Or at least, the release of the others!

I'm hoping the Risky Boots DLC will be a full game in its own right - ideally the true Metroidvania many of us would like. I'd definitely be interested in re-buying the game when it's available in a "complete edition", as such.

Anyone tempted by Mighty Gunvolt Burst? I didn't play the previous game but this looks good and might scratch that Mega Man itch.

15th of June Switch eShop cometh the ARMS and the Mighty;

Nintendo Switch Retail Download

ARMS (Nintendo, €59.99 / £49.99) – Available from Friday, 16th of June.

Nintendo Switch eShop

Mighty Gunvolt Burst (Inti Creates, €9.99 / £8.99)

Sengoku (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)

I'm slowly moving on with Shantae. Is this a short game?

I've just beaten Twitch and Vinegar and seems like it hasn't taken me long to get to that stage.

Is there replayability in the collecting of all the items from the world's and power ups etc? Or is there more story?

I'm slowly moving on with Shantae. Is this a short game?

I've just beaten Twitch and Vinegar and seems like it hasn't taken me long to get to that stage.

Is there replayability in the collecting of all the items from the world's and power ups etc? Or is there more story?

I haven't played this much, but I suspect I'm near the end, roughly 6 hours in.

Edit: Also downloaded Gunvolt Burst. Will give it a go later.

I haven't played this much, but I suspect I'm near the end, roughly 6 hours in.

Edit: Also downloaded Gunvolt Burst. Will give it a go later.

Picked Gunvolt up myself. I've played a few levels and I really like it. It's pretty much a Mega Man game in everything but name.

Picked Gunvolt up myself. I've played a few levels and I really like it. It's pretty much a Mega Man game in everything but name.

Yeah, one of the games I want from Capcom is Mega Man 11. I'm still hoping for Mega man 11, but this seems to fill the gap.

Only played the opening stage with Beck. Got myself killed trying to go for that Burst combo.. Your buster or whatever it's called, seems to have plenty options for customisation though.. Even after just playing one stage, I feel this is going to be worth all the 10 euros I spent on it.

I didn't really want to re-buy Half Genie Hero, but I'm going to have to sometime. I've wanted a Risky Boots game for ages, and that's exactly what the DLC delivers!

I didn't really want to re-buy Half Genie Hero, but I'm going to have to sometime. I've wanted a Risky Boots game for ages, and that's exactly what the DLC delivers!

*sigh* fine i'll buy the game wayforward you don't have to twist my arm

22nd of June Switch eShop releases;

Nintendo Switch eShop
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (FDG Entertainment, €14.99 / £13.49)
Fatal Fury 2 (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)

Edited by londragon

Did anyone play Mr Shifty when it came out? I picked it up and really enjoying it other than the fact I get "an unexpected error" too many times. I've perhaps had it 5 times total and worst of all 3 times last night during the final level which made me want to throw my switch out the window, the difficulty spike on that last level is horrendous.

@flameboy After hearing about the frame rate issues when originally released I thought I'd wait for the promised update to fix the issues. Did that update ever happen? I can't recall it coming out. So, did the developer just let it die?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

On 6/24/2017 at 10:46 AM, londragon said:

@flameboy After hearing about the frame rate issues when originally released I thought I'd wait for the promised update to fix the issues. Did that update ever happen? I can't recall it coming out. So, did the developer just let it die?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yes it does absolutely have them, any time there is a sizeable number of enemies on screen it is pretty terrible in docked mode. In handheld it seems to manage those dips slightly better but it's still noticeable.

• Like 1

29th of June releases for the Switch eShop;

Nintendo Switch eShop
GoNNER (Raw Fury, €9.99 / £8.99)
Magical Drop II (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)

Nintendo Switch DLC
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Expansion Pass (Nintendo, €19.99 / £17.99) – Available from Friday 30th of June.
Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition – Mini Game Heroes Skin Pack (Mojang, €1.99 / £1.59)

Switch eShop Temporary Discounts
Super Bomberman R (Nintendo, €29.99 / £29.99 from 1st July until 8th July, regular price €49.99 / £49.99)
Snake Pass (Sumo Digital, €11.99 / £9.59 until 4th July, regular price €19.99 / £15.99)

God Magical Drop is amazing! So freaking good!!! :D

So happy to have MD2 on Switch! MD3 is even better, but this'll do nicely for now.  Don't sleep on it guys!!

• Like 1

I might give GoNNER a try, it's gotten great reviews and looks pretty fun/challenging

Bomberman is tempting, is that the cheapest it's been, even at retail?

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

Bomberman is tempting, is that the cheapest it's been, even at retail?

I think so, I was tempted to pick it up too, but £30 is still just too high. Might wait until it hits 20 before I bite.

n-europe Review

content-2-35191-shocktrooperssidebox.jpg

ACA NeoGeo

Shock Troopers

:D

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 3

I finished Oceanhorn the other day. I had a very, very average experience with it all in all, the puzzles were boring and samey and the combat lackluster but I liked exploring the world and finding stuff. I had a few weird experiences where I fell down a place I couldn't get out of or where I could swim in one direction but not back again and other errors in the game.

However, did I miss something along the way? I had NO CLUE how to defeat the final boss so I looked it up and saw that you had to use a specific item at a specific time. Was that ever explained?

Overall, I think I'd recommend the game to children not very experienced with adventure-games. I think they would enjoy it more than someone like me - a Zelda veteran. 

I also bought Snake Pass at a discount the other day. Looking forward to trying that out. But first! BotW Master Trials!

Edited by MindFreak

Does anyone know if supermarkets are still selling the eShop cards?  I couldn't find any the other week, and I wondered if the shops had stopped doing them, or Nintendo is in the process of revising them for Switch.

6 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Does anyone know if supermarkets are still selling the eShop cards?  I couldn't find any the other week, and I wondered if the shops had stopped doing them, or Nintendo is in the process of revising them for Switch.

I was wondering about this, I think places will only be selling them until stock is exhausted, then perhaps rebranding, I might be able to still some at the store where I work though if you need one? Sadly it's one of the few things we don't get discount off though due to it being classed as a gift card.

15 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I was wondering about this, I think places will only be selling them until stock is exhausted, then perhaps rebranding, I might be able to still some at the store where I work though if you need one? Sadly it's one of the few things we don't get discount off though due to it being classed as a gift card.

Thanks for the offer.  If I can't find any in the supermarkets, I'll check GAME next time I'm in town.

I didn't realise Metal Slug 2 was out this week.  Really need to stock up on credit now.

6th of July Switch eShop;

Nintendo Switch eShop
Flip Wars (Nintendo, €9.99 / £8.99)
IMPLOSION (Flyhigh Works, €12.00 / £10.79)
I and Me (Ratalaika Games, €9.99 / £8.99)
Shephy (Arc System Works, €4.99 / £4.99)
Metal Slug 2 (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)
Vaccine (Rainy Frog, €9.99 / £8.99)

Nintendo Switch DLC
Blaster Master Zero – EX CHARACTER: SHANTAE (Inti Creates, free until 20th July, then €1.99 / £1.79)

Flip Wars does look good, but it's so close to Splatoon 2 coming out that its going to suffer for online longevity.  Doing a review for I and Me, and whilst a little bare bones, its simplistic controls lend to some fun puzzling.  Short game, but beautiful to look at, with a wonderful soundtrack of classical piano/flute pieces in the vein of Vaughn Williams.  The story is a little pretentious, and I'd only recommend it if you like this sort of puzzle platformer.

• Like 2