NEurope
Hogge

Switch flaws... Problem or not?

Any one else having a problem with surround sound?

I run my Switch through my Sony Bluray Surround sound system, but the rear speakers don't work. On the test page it just goes FL, FR, FL, FR, C, Bass. Is this what Nintendo calls Surround sound or does it seem broken?

I have a Sony Blu Ray system as well and have a similar problem. Rear speakers seem quiet... I haven't played around with the settings though. Wasn't a problem on the Wii U so I dunno what's going on.

I run my Switch through my Sony Bluray Surround sound system, but the rear speakers don't work. On the test page it just goes FL, FR, FL, FR, C, Bass. Is this what Nintendo calls Surround sound or does it seem broken?

You shouldn't try to let Nintendo work with Sony ;)

Switch only supports 5.1 LPCM over HDMI (and it has to be directly connected to your receiver). If your receiver doesn't support that, or you're trying to carry it over optical at some point along the chain, you'll just get stereo. It's exactly the same deal as Wii U.

The upside is that the sound quality is second to none though!

Switch only supports 5.1 LPCM over HDMI (and it has to be directly connected to your receiver).

This is exactly how I have mine set up, basically swapped the Wii U for the he Switch in the back but I'm not getting the same results. Probably my will just have to fiddle around in the audio options.

Switch only supports 5.1 LPCM over HDMI (and it has to be directly connected to your receiver). If your receiver doesn't support that, or you're trying to carry it over optical at some point along the chain, you'll just get stereo. It's exactly the same deal as Wii U.

The upside is that the sound quality is second to none though!

Problem solved, sadly :(. Thanks for the technical heads up!

My BD SS system:

17389128_10155092741888210_239983271703954746_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=6157ce86bf44d2359aef32c715ca9aad&oe=595F459C

Edited by Phube

My BD SS system:

17389128_10155092741888210_239983271703954746_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=6157ce86bf44d2359aef32c715ca9aad&oe=595F459C

Damn. Sorry to hear that bud. Sucks big time :(

My BD SS system:

So it looks like you and I have the same Blu Ray system. One thing I can suggest is going into the audio settings on your player and changing the surround setting from A.F.D. Standard to A.F.D. Multi. It's only a poor workaround, but the rear speakers will simulate surround similar to Dolby Pro Logic II did on the GameCube and Wii.

Now I need to get to work on finding a AV receiver with a 5.1 linear PCM input through HDMI.

THANKS Nintendo...

I had the controller lose responsiveness while sitting back with my legs up on the table. It happened a few times before I realise that my knees being in the way was the thing causing the problem. I moved the switch from behind the TV, no change. I think I'm (at a max) 9-feet away from the Switch.

Which is an absolute joke.

I hope they sort it out by the time I get one for myself.

Maybe Nintendo will recommend cutting off your legs.

I'd not put it past them given how they tell you to not use it near any wireless devices... yet they're bloody launching a mobile phone app to work alongside the console for online.

Fucking dumbasses!

Thank God there isn't an aquarium capable of voice chat available. Uses wireless LAN, needs a power cable and is an aquarium. Overkill.

I had the controller lose responsiveness while sitting back with my legs up on the table. It happened a few times before I realise that my knees being in the way was the thing causing the problem. I moved the switch from behind the TV, no change. I think I'm (at a max) 9-feet away from the Switch.

Which is an absolute joke.

I hope they sort it out by the time I get one for myself.

Indeed, the dropoff is mad. I can think of any other controller I have pretty much for any other system and I've never had this problem. I can always play them with stuff slightly in the way.

Glad I held out... I did see some on holiday, but going at £500 a piece :D (they were still selling lots!!!). But hopefully joycon II will be around by the time I buy a switch :)

Clearly the dodgy controller connections is a ploy to try and make people spend £65 on a pro controller :heh:

Don't even know if my joy-cons cut out since I just use my pro. Couldn't imagine playing using those tiny and annoyingly placed buttons for any sort of extended period!

Clearly the dodgy controller connections is a ploy to try and make people spend £65 on a pro controller :heh:

Don't even know if my joy-cons cut out since I just use my pro. Couldn't imagine playing using those tiny and annoyingly placed buttons for any sort of extended period!

Yep me too, I play with the ProCon when in docked mode but even more with the JoyCons attatched in handheld mode.

Well, first two problems here. Left neon joy on has crap connectivity and left grey joy on won't charge :( I'll call Nintendo tomorrow!

Well, first two problems here. Left neon joy on has crap connectivity and left grey joy on won't charge :( I'll call Nintendo tomorrow!

I'm interested to hear what they say. Need to contact them myself soon about my left neon with worse connectivity than my left grey.

I'm interested to hear what they say. Need to contact them myself soon about my left neon with worse connectivity than my left grey.

They're sending out a label, 3 to 7 day turnaround.

That's great to hear. As much as I'm enjoying Zelda, I'm glad I held off a bit.

I bought a Pro controller so fortunately haven't had an issue since :p Doesn't occur while playing Snipperclips and leaning in close to the screen, nor while connected to the tablet. So, I'll wait and let other people test-drive Nintendo UK's repair process :D

Good thing is it sounds like it's a cheap fix. Even looks like something you could do yourself pretty easily...

Joy-con issues are apparently solved, and anyone buying a new machine going forward shouldn't be affected.

The "joys" of purchasing a console at launch.

Manufacturing variation seems to be the new manufacturing fault term.