NEurope
Hogge

Switch flaws... Problem or not?

I fixed mine by opening it up and placing a small piece of conductive foam near the wireless antenna. Works better than the right joy con now and cost, like less than 5p.

Didn't @Jamba warn against doing stuff like this?

1. Whodat?

2. That's what the official solution is

3. Doesn't void warranty, to the best of my knowledge, since the warranty seal is in the main body of the console, not the controllers.

It's super duper easy for anyone who has opposable thumbs, a tri wing screwdriver and a pair of scissors.

I think Jamba mentioned not to do the original fix which was soldering and not the conductive foam.

This is why it's insane that they released it with no option to back up save data.

I would be fuming if I lost my Zelda data file through no fault of my own.

Cloud saves may be coming down the road but that doesn't fix the issue right now.

Whilst not stricly Switch related i got so fucked off every time they fixed my 3DS because they reset the whole system - lost all my streetpasses etc for the two system crashes I had. That really shouldn't be the case in these days.

I think Jamba mentioned not to do the original fix which was soldering and not the conductive foam.

What he said!

1. Whodat?

Dude! Seriously?!

What he said!

Dude! Seriously?!

I er, haven't been here for a while :hmm:

But for real, the soldering fix doesn't work? I was going to try that if I couldn't get my hands on the conductive foam.

But for real, the soldering fix doesn't work? I was going to try that if I couldn't get my hands on the conductive foam.

Short version, don't. Long version, antenna need to be matched carefully or they reflect power into the radio card which will break the radio card. Maybe not right away but it will.

Rather funny, this. I was downloading the latest update for Bomberman, and when it was done, the Switch told me it was "Sucessfully downloaded". No, that's not a typo on my part. :)

Where do you get the right conductive foam from? My joy on presents only a little issue, but I'd like to fix it one day. Sending it back to Nintendo is a no go due to there not being a Nintendo in Taiwan.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Where do you get the right conductive foam from? My joy on presents only a little issue, but I'd like to fix it one day. Sending it back to Nintendo is a no go due to there not being a Nintendo in Taiwan.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

If you're based in Taiwan the best place to get it from is probably Aliexpress. Just type in conductive foam in the site's search function and take your pick.

So I had my first weird anomaly with the Switch last night, I left it on the title screen of Mario Kart 8 and I got the inverted colours issue, this extended to the UI as well but I think after quitting the game and just taking the console out of the dock it was fine, as in this only happened on the TV screen to my knowledge so I'm not too concerned but just thought it was worth mentioning at this point seeing as my Switch has been fine apart from this.

Well fuck. I just got the lovely error code 2153-0321. It basically means that my system has a shortage in the jack port and wont switch on unless I have a headset plugged in. What the hell is up with that?! So now I have to get my system repaired, and god damnit Nintendo if you delete my 110-hour save of Zelda...

Got my system back from service now. Or, that is what Nintendo told my local electronic store. They told them/me they only switched (sorry) out the motherboard, and that I wouldn't see a difference. I open the box, and see a totally new Switch console. The one I sent in had a tempered glass protection. This one didn't.

Also, my save for Zelda (110 hours) got scrapped, along with the system and the screen protector. And I never got a message about it. Not even a mail, givin g me a heads-up about the bad news. Screw this Nintendo, I want my 4.5 days back! And my £25 screen protector!

Have you already contacted them about it?

Anyway, I have 2 issues I should've asked about some time ago.

1] Does anyone else have problems with the resolution in the menu in docked mode? It doesn't completely fit my PC monitor, making the screen fuzzy. It's annoying, but it's only in the menu. Games (the ones that I presume are 1080p) look good (=sharp), like Wondergirl or the Puyo puyo tetris demo. Before you ask, yes, my monitor is exactly 1920*1080.

2] The pro controller. Does anyone else have issues with the d-pad? Mine seems to have problems with registering the right direction. Often pressing right (or left as well I think) will register as up. In Zelda this was annoying (opening the runes menu instead of the weapons menu). Then I thought it was me. But in Puyo puyo tetris it's downright disastrous (dropping blocks instantly when you don't want to), and it happened often. I'm wondering if it's a design issue or just my controller.

2] The pro controller. Does anyone else have issues with the d-pad? Mine seems to have problems with registering the right direction. Often pressing right (or left as well I think) will register as up. In Zelda this was annoying (opening the runes menu instead of the weapons menu). Then I thought it was me. But in Puyo puyo tetris it's downright disastrous (dropping blocks instantly when you don't want to), and it happened often. I'm wondering if it's a design issue or just my controller.

Ive heard other people complaining about this so it looks like a fault with some pro controllers. Dan Rykert from Giant Bomb had the same thing.

Have you already contacted them about it?

Anyway, I have 2 issues I should've asked about some time ago.

1] Does anyone else have problems with the resolution in the menu in docked mode? It doesn't completely fit my PC monitor, making the screen fuzzy. It's annoying, but it's only in the menu. Games (the ones that I presume are 1080p) look good (=sharp), like Wondergirl or the Puyo puyo tetris demo. Before you ask, yes, my monitor is exactly 1920*1080.

Docked mode outputs at 720p when going through through menus. Weird

Ive heard other people complaining about this so it looks like a fault with some pro controllers. Dan Rykert from Giant Bomb had the same thing.

@Dcubed, I have the horrible feeling that your Pro Controller has this issue.

Seems like I have the left joy-con issue on all of my joy-cons, which is annoying but not awful as the right ones seem fine and generally I'm playing with my pro-controller. The biggest issue I have is apparently a known Samsung TVs and certain devices whereby the switch will randomly send signals to auto-change the channel while I'm doing something else. Super annoying when watching TV but especially so when playing something else on the PS4. Hopefully one of the devices sorts this out soon.

The biggest issue I have is apparently a known Samsung TVs and certain devices whereby the switch will randomly send signals to auto-change the channel while I'm doing something else. Super annoying when watching TV but especially so when playing something else on the PS4. Hopefully one of the devices sorts this out soon.

I think your Switch is trying to tell you something.

I get that problem as well. I ended up having to stop using sleep mode so it wouldnt change the channel anymore.

Thought I'd share y post from the General Switch Thread:

Very annoyed with my Switch.

So I finally managed to convince my siblings to play some MK multiplayer. I go to the hassle of setting it up on our larger TV and I'm excited to rekindle the excitement of our youth when it came to playing the likes of Smash and MK back in the day of N64/Gamecube.

I give one joycon to each of my siblings and keep the Pro Controller to myself (obviously). We start a race and my bro (who's using the left joycon) is disconnected. Doesn't work. Continues to drop out. The stupid left joycon issue which I thought was fixed has reared its ugly head. Multiplayer session ruined. Then when taking off the extra bumpers for the joycons, I managed to cut my finger trying to yank one of them off. A small cut but oh so painful. Why they made it so difficult to take these things off is beyond me.

Luckily I took out a guarantee with GAME. Does anyone know what they will offer? I really don't wanna have to return my entire Switch as I have 55 hours of my Zelda save on there. Will they offer to replace my joycons only? Or as its a manufacturing fault, will they direct me to Nintendo? Very very frustrating.

Thought I'd share y post from the General Switch Thread:

Very annoyed with my Switch.

So I finally managed to convince my siblings to play some MK multiplayer. I go to the hassle of setting it up on our larger TV and I'm excited to rekindle the excitement of our youth when it came to playing the likes of Smash and MK back in the day of N64/Gamecube.

I give one joycon to each of my siblings and keep the Pro Controller to myself (obviously). We start a race and my bro (who's using the left joycon) is disconnected. Doesn't work. Continues to drop out. The stupid left joycon issue which I thought was fixed has reared its ugly head. Multiplayer session ruined. Then when taking off the extra bumpers for the joycons, I managed to cut my finger trying to yank one of them off. A small cut but oh so painful. Why they made it so difficult to take these things off is beyond me.

Luckily I took out a guarantee with GAME. Does anyone know what they will offer? I really don't wanna have to return my entire Switch as I have 55 hours of my Zelda save on there. Will they offer to replace my joycons only? Or as its a manufacturing fault, will they direct me to Nintendo? Very very frustrating.

Not sure why you paid for a guarantee, if it's a joycon desynchronization issue Nintendo will fix it under warranty (Nintendo did for me). Just give them a call and explain the issue and they'll send you a label to return just the affected joycon for free.

Not sure why you paid for a guarantee, if it's a joycon desynchronization issue Nintendo will fix it under warranty (Nintendo did for me). Just give them a call and explain the issue and they'll send you a label to return just the affected joycon for free.

For larger, more expensive items I tend to invest in a guarantee i.e. like a TV. For a console plagued with hardware issues it was a no brainer.

I'll report back what GAME say tomorrow when I speak to them. Let's see if the guarantee was worth it...

For larger, more expensive items I tend to invest in a guarantee i.e. like a TV. For a console plagued with hardware issues it was a no brainer.

I'll report back what GAME say tomorrow when I speak to them. Let's see if the guarantee was worth it...

You say it's a no brainer but I paid absolutely nothing extra and Nintendo fixed it for free as part of the 12 month warranty. It's such a common issue with the device that they simply can't ignore it.

For TVs, I heartily recommend John Lewis who give you a 5 year warranty as standard. I got my TV completely replaced at no extra cost with a new model 3 years or so after purchase since it started to develop a defect in the corners.

Well I've had no red joycon since the 29/3 now. Nintendo have admitted that they have received it after I sent an email with the POD but their is no update. They're getting a 'team leader' to call me tomorrow.