NEurope
Nicktendo

FAST RMX

FastRMX1.jpg

Picked this up with my e-shop credit thanks to the positive words @Dcubed used describing it.

How's everyone finding it?

After finishing the Wii U version I'm very happy with this sequel. The graphics have had a noticeable improvement, the menus and UI seem cleaner and sleeker and it's apparent to me that the ship's handling has been massively improved, I actually feel more in control of it this time round! The AI is also certainly fairer than it was before. Loving the new tracks as well.

Looking forward to the update so we can get some N-E games going.

I enjoyed the Wii U version and this is definitely an improvement over that. I agree with you about the handling, I'm able to keep a straighter racing line even on Sunhara Desert, a track which gave me a lot of problems on the Wii U. There are a few issues that I hope they iron out with the next update though, online is a bit buggy for me at the moment and I've also encountered a strange issue with the Championship mode - on one of the cups I came 3rd in my first time through but went back later and came 1st overall, afterwards the Cup select screen initially said that my best result was 1st but after quitting the game and reloading it, it lists my best result as 3rd again. Really not sure what could be causing it but the issues I've had have been really minor and can be excused when you consider that the game was only developed by five people.

I've got it. Its def worth it. Im thinking maybe its a bit too fast (lol) but there is no real emphasis on braking as opposed to the switching boost mechanic.

Looking forward to the update for friend races.

Glad that others are noticing the improved handling. Makes a big difference!

I'll be sure to be online at some point soon. Looking forward to playing with you all : peace:

Played an hour or two of this and so far I'm loving it, great graphics and super fast vehicles. Too be honest I have no idea what happening but I'm enjoying it. Hopefully I can have a few races with you guys when they sort out friends list/multiplayer

Any more reports on how the online is working for you guys who have purchased this?

If it's good, I may consider just to give me something to play multiplayer on.

Any more reports on how the online is working for you guys who have purchased this?

If it's good, I may consider just to give me something to play multiplayer on.

When I tried playing this online I had cars jumping all over the place. I think the wifi issues that some people are having are related.

At the minute there's no friends multiplayer, it's only with randoms. But they are fixing it in an update.

I feel like the change to 3 races per cup has made it more unforgiving, on the Wii U I could have one bad race (usually bloody Sunhara Desert) but be able to make up the difference over the course of the other races. But now if you slip up and finish 5th in one race you don't really have a chance to come 1st overall. It balances out to some extent with the better handling but that only makes it more frustrating when I do screw up.

I've been having issues with the A button when playing in handheld mode. On a few occasions during races my speed has dropped completely but my finger hasn't left the button. Not sure if it's an issue with the game or part of the joy con connectivity issues, but I only seem to get it when using the joy cons both in handheld and tabletop mode.

Just got 100% on Hero Mode so I've done all I can in the game so looking forward to the update and getting to grips with the time trial mode and online. I didn't play Hero Mode much on the Wii U so not sure how much it's changed but I find it really odd that the tracks are also mirrored, added to that the fact that the CPU racers don't seem to be following the same rules as you (they can crash and get regenerated) which makes it extra unfair. I hope the update allows you to play tracks in Hero Mode the right way round. I've got about 30 hours out of the game so far so definitely have my moneys worth but I'm keen to play even more when the update rolls round.

I too have played both this and the WiiU counterpart, and for some reason I prefer the Switch one. Maybe because the handling is slightly better? Maybe because I can now play this game on the train? The graphics are better, but truth be told, unless you watch Digital Foundry, you're going too fast to notice. :P

Great game, but still... It's no F-Zero. *nagnag* ;)

Edited by Strange Cookie

This has some crazy rubberbanding. Hell, I'm hitting every boost, boosting at the right time and driving well and I'm still coming in 3rd.

Started playing this game the other day upon obtaining a Switch.

First race I came 6th after getting confused about how the switching mechanic worked until the final lap.

C8cEcbyUQAAjAJy.jpg

Next race I won, so naturally I decided to edit the following screenshot with an F-Zero reference:

C8cGLGtUQAEjgBp.jpg

Final race I did pretty poorly in, not knowing how the boost start mechanic worked meant I lost pole position on the first lap and then the race was over when I ran into one of those purple liquid falls. Came 3rd overall.

So, erm, how do you pull off Boost starts?

I managed to get boost starts with the standard racing game trick of waiting for the '2' in the countdown to start disappearing before holding down the A button.

I bought this, Snipperclips and Zelda and so far this is the only one I'm having definite buyer's remorse over. I know Nintendo consoles haven't had any F-Zero quality zero g racers lately, but considering I played both Redout and Formula Fusion to death over the past year, this just doesn't match the vibe of the other two.

Don't even need to mention Wipeout, which is the undisputed king.

The update adding Online Friend Lobbies and Time Trials is go!!!

Nice! :D

Does anyone want to play this online later then? :smile:

Certainly finding this game a challenge so far. Gone back to this after finishing Zelda but race results have been very mixed. Able to win consitstently on some tracks but then I keep crashing out multiple times and finishing last on others, the remix does seem to make for a very varied difficulty throughout each cup.

Not interested in doing online until I've raced all the tracks in single player, which is something I also do with Mario Kart too. Having to learn the tracks on lap 1 while also needing to get results can be a bit problematic.

Shin'en have announced that more content is coming to the game in September; 6 new tracks and 2 new cups. Update is totally free and the game is coming out in Japan. I look forward to it, really enjoyed my time with the game so happy to have a reason to play it again.

• Like 1

Been tempted to buy this since launch, almost want to reward them for being so supportive of it....

It's a steep learning curve (especially if you didn't play it on Wii U) but it's a really rewarding and fun game.