NEurope
drahkon

Disc Jam (PS4/PC)

A fast-paced action-sports game that pits 2-4 players against each other in a frantic combination of air hockey and tennis. Players scramble to retrieve and throw a glowing disc while unleashing devastating abilities and defending their end zone. An exciting blend of strategy and skill, this arcade-inspired title boasts a zany roster of characters to compete with friends both on the couch and online.

Free for PS+ this month or 14.99€/£11.99. I assume it'll be the same price on Steam.

It's ready to download on the UK store. :) 2GB.

I'll post some impressions later today. I've barely played the PC beta but Disc Jam has potential. It most likely needs a couple of updates before it can follow Rocket League's footsteps (it won't be quite as big but it can have a sizeable playerbase).

Edit: Wow, could a mod/admin fix the title?

Downloading now so I'll give it a try tonight when I get back from work. It looked a lot of fun when Giant Bomb were playing it.

Forgettable observation but I like how they've nicked the goal explosion from Rocket League. Such a small design choice, but inspired all the same.

It's a lot of fun :) Only played 1v1 matches and I can't stop :laughing:

Got all the trophies except one (win 50 online matches). Shame there is no Platinum, but the trophies are pretty easy aside from the one that requires you to win a match without losing a rally.

The new Rocket League according to some...

Hope its good! :laughing:

Don't expect too much at this stage.

It's still a little rough around the edges and could use several QoL improvements. However, it's important to keep in mind that Disc Jam is made by only two people.

It definitely has the potential to become a big hit but it needs work.

Played a couple of matches on my sub-account and promptly deleted it. Thought it was utter shite.

Haha, I was glad it wasn't just me that the title was bugging! I need to log in and get these all added to my library - hopefully will check it out on Sunday!

I've given this a try and quite like it! It's addictive, pretty easy to pick up but also contains a surprising amount of depth.

Just won my first online match. :D

One of my games earlier finished 51-49 to my opponent. Was gutted.

Played a bit of this as well, it's quite fun once you get the hang of it. :)

Did some double games with @Fierce_LiNk, which was quite fun actually. It can be frustrating though when you think your partner has caught the disc but then ends up failing. :P

Also played a few single player games and won quite a few! Slowly getting the hang of the throws, but rarely manage to do a super throw.

Nice to see some people here enjoying this.

Looking forward to wrecking you :p

Does anyone else read the thread title and just envision a game starring the Pixar lamp with the goal being hopping around a house or office destroying things and playing with lighting effects?

Nice to see some people here enjoying this.

Looking forward to wrecking you :p

You can try your best!

It's actually a very solid game. It's pretty simple, yet addictive. It's like ultimate frisbee and tennis had a baby! I hope that they continue adding to this game as it could become something really special. It's a good game that could become a great game if treated right.

It needs its own tangible offline mode with some things to do when you're not playing online. Maybe the option to create tournaments with other players spectating and more customisable settings and options for the multiplayer.

Played this with a friend for a couple of hours. Reminded me of a solid Wii Sports/Wii Play miniature - fun, well-made, but lacking in the depth you'd want from a standalone game. But hey - it's free, was made by two people, and there's some weird primal joy you get from smashing the opponent's desk with your lamp.