NEurope
Jamba

Switch Accessories

Has anyone got a carry case yet? I've noticed that most of them are sold out almost everywhere

Has anyone got a carry case yet? I've noticed that most of them are sold out almost everywhere

I have the licensed Hori case. It's a hard case that fits the console + Joy-Cons. It stores game cards in the top and they're protected from the console screen by a padded flap (the only case I could find which does so). It also has an elasticated strap that the documentation says is for accessories. I tried to fit the Joy-Con straps in that section but it felt like it was putting too much pressure on the screen.

Has anybody had chance to use a USB-C hub with HDMI out yet? Just wondering if there's an alternative to the dock yet. It's so unwieldy and the reports of it scratching the console have me worried every time I dock it. I'm terrible at applying screen protectors so I don't really want to go that route.

So I got my Ozly case today and I do like it quite a bit. Its a semi ridged case with room for everything that I need for on the go. It protects the screen well and has room for games and small accessories. My only gripe is that the accessories pocket, which is netting with an elastic edge, doesn't keep itself closed because of where its attached. Little thing but would make a big difference. Uk based company apparently so I'm going to give them that feedback and maybe mod mine slightly. Otherwise very happy.

My friend has had a look at the themed zelda and Mario cases. Stay away from these. They're horrendously cheap and the printed pattern on the gel covers for the joycons is a total lie.

Got my screen protector in as well, but I'm tempted to just risk the biscuit and go without it.

Also got in 2 game card cases from Hori to keep my games in. Just got an email from Amazon saying my Playstand has shipped as I type this as well.

Are there any accessories to provide 'handles' to the joy-cons when in handheld mode? Getting cramps...

Are there any accessories to provide 'handles' to the joy-cons when in handheld mode? Getting cramps...

Yup I picked some of these up this morning from Argos. Pics below.

Also got my screen protectors delivered today. Went with the 'amFilm' ones which I'd read pretty good reviews on.

D5FB5F5A-0AEF-4E2B-9846-8E46A0179086_zps5n57vnal.jpg

24A418CD-D982-4923-BD6B-1CB954AF96C7_zpsfzohqt2v.jpg

Screen protector was a total nightmare to put on. I do these all the time in carphone on a Saturday and have no problems as tempered glass is just that much easier.

But with this, the problem was dust and tiny bits of lint getting either stuck to the adhesive side of the glass before I fit it, or on the screen itself causing me to have to keep wiping it or dabbing it off with the adhesive stickers.

Did it eventually though and now I'm pleased with how it looks. Looks way better than the cheap one that came with my official case and feels better too.

8C0AD75F-73C1-4176-89F7-0E892ED51649_zpspqnygov1.jpg

The jelly grips are good too, they do provide much better comfort so I imagine cramping will ease if you struggle with it playing handheld.

They give a nice bump to the back of the joy cons which instantly feels better.

0EDC090B-7239-4DB2-9A28-911A8BF03A06_zpsnygemaza.jpg

The keys feel a little smothered but it's something I could adjust to. Only thing I don't like is how it makes the plus and minus buttons quite hard to press, so I may snip some of the rubber away there to free them out.

All in all, pretty happy. Screen protectors were £9.99 from Amazon for pack of 2 and the rubber gel grips were £7.99 at Argos. Also come in a blue and red set if needed.

1E9BD26F-1B6E-4522-AE97-5E32A059EBA6_zpsp5dxoju2.jpg

: peace:

I got the Orzly screen protector which fits very well. Would definitely recommend one as I started to notice odd marks in the corners (not on the screen, rather the bezel, but still no doubt caused by docking).

When I ordered my case from orzly they sent me a 15% off voucher so im going to use that on yhe screeb protectors. Even better that theyre down to £10

amFilm is impossible to ship to Norway without paying way too much for it, and no stores in Norway have any other screen protector for the Switch other than the regular film. And I hate bubbles on my new consoles :P.

I went for this tempered glass protector with anti finger print-coating from Play-Asia.com. It's gotten one good review, and I hope it does the trick. I'll give you an update when it arrives.

Yesterday I fitted the Orzly tempered glass screen protector. I was reluctant to use one as I thought it would look bad, but it's quite frankly amazing - perfect fit and you don't notice it. The finish is superb with curved edges, couldn't recommend it more. Comes in a pack of 2 which is useful as I didn't get it centred on the first attempt. Only downside it took 2 weeks to arrive (G-Hub seller on Amazon).

Also got the Stealth case / accessory pack on Amazon. This is a neoprene and does not fold out like most other cases so you have to slide it in. Very good fit, soft and not bulky so good for a pocket. Useful zipped pocket on the front for carts or headphones. Comes with a nice little set of in-ear ones and also a cart holder.

91wA-JyyPFL._SL1500_.jpg

Did also like the look of the official case but it was out of stock on Prime.

Edited by Space

Got the official case and screenprotector and no issues. Seem to do the trick just fine.

I also preordered a deluxe travel case from Big Ben but that got canceled and now it's unavailable everywhere without an estemated availability. It seems like some cases got canceled/postponed very close to release ::shrug:

My joycon grips arrived today, the same ones as Aneres has. They're an improvement but still not great. Is there no product that basically splits the JoyCon Gripncontroller thing in half so it can be attached to a joycon while in mobile mode?

Have my Orzly screen protector. Is there a way to put them on? I've never put a protector on any device I've ever owned... DO I need to clean it heavily I guess before putting it on!

Have my Orzly screen protector. Is there a way to put them on? I've never put a protector on any device I've ever owned... DO I need to clean it heavily I guess before putting it on!

I just followed their instructions. 1) Alcohol wipe 2) Microfibre cloth 3) Dust stickers 4) Peel and press down 5) use the small card to push out any air. I repeated 1 & 2 a few times in the corners and skipped 3 as no dust left. The hardest part is getting it centred, there is approx 1mm gap around the edge.

I found it best line up the bottom edge around the speaker bits.

The ever reliable Digital Foundry did some Switch-related testing on power banks if you're looking for a few extra hours of playtime on the move.

This is perhaps a daft question.

If I buy a a USB-C to USB-A cable can I plug it into any USB wall plug and it will charge my Switch?

This is perhaps a daft question.

If I buy a a USB-C to USB-A cable can I plug it into any USB wall plug and it will charge my Switch?

Apparently not. Most USB A type chargers, for example an iPod one, run at 5Volts. The Switch is more power hungry, and someone on a tech site said at max. in the dock it's eating 39Volts. Most of the time it'll be OK with a 15V plug, but it's better to get an official one just in case, or read up about it.

Won't it still charge it, as long as you aren't using it at the same time though?

Won't it still charge it, as long as you aren't using it at the same time though?

Maybe, but I can't find any definitive evidence anywhere.

As long as the supply voltage is greater than the battery voltage then it'll charge.

Voltage is determined by the supply not the load (device). The current drawn is determined by the load.

Got my Switch carry case yesterday from Play-Asia;

C77cLz9VUAM0Myw.jpg

Nice and shiny in all its red glory. The quality of the thing is tremendous. Just the zip quality is worth the asking price, awesome zip on the thing. Holds 6 game cards, main unit, and the joycons held separately in the top half of the case.

C77a5bVVMAIlhu-.jpg

The bottom hole allows about 2mm of additional width, so the Switch main console can fit in easily without any fuss, but due to that the unit can slide around 2mm back and forth. I'll tuck a cloth down the side , even though the case is hard and protective. I like the game holding flap that comes down to protect the screen as well.

All round a thoroughly well made product by professionals.