NEurope
Jamba

Switch Accessories

So what are people's experiences of any 3rd party pieces of kit so far or accessory packs like carry cases and screen protectors?

Have you tried using a charging pack or hooked yours up to a MacBook using a USB C cable?

There was a tweet I found the other day where someone plugged it into a MacBook and it charged the MacBook rather than the other way round. Does that count? :heh:

There was a tweet I found the other day where someone plugged it into a MacBook and it charged the MacBook rather than the other way round. Does that count? :heh:

I thought that it was thea other way around! Good old internet misinformtion

Think I'm going to pick up a screen protector

Heard some stories about scratches on insertion/removal from dock!!

Yeah, just noticed mine has some light scratches, I've only removed it from the dock a couple of times. :(

Yeah, just noticed mine has some light scratches, I've only removed it from the dock a couple of times. :(

Some people have suggested sticking electrical tape at the base of the dock. Seems to be a decent solution for those who don't want to buy a screen protector.

It's a shame there's not a bit more room because what you really want to do is add a bit of cushioning to the inside of the dock. Turn it into a bed.

It's a shame there's not a bit more room because what you really want to do is add a bit of cushioning to the inside of the dock. Turn it into a bed.

Good night Jim-bob, Good night Sue-Ellen, good night Nintendo Switch

Crazy. No dock for me.

Worth mentioning that it's been reported that some screen protectors actually melt when docked (intense gameplay sessions and such), so try and keep that protector somewhat cool if you can!

Worth mentioning that it's been reported that some screen protectors actually melt when docked (intense gameplay sessions and such), so try and keep that protector somewhat cool if you can!

SAY WHAT NOW? well might cancel that order now

I put on the official screen protector thing and it now has a huge scratch down the right side of the console, on the black rim :/

SAY WHAT NOW? well might cancel that order now

I think tempered glass screen protectors are fine, it's the plastic ones that have the problem.

How y'all charging it then? Obviously I know that you can but just seems... Messy?

Might have been a bit hasty but it seems to have rubbed off and I can't actually feel a scratch rubbing my finger over it, so it might have just been some residue from when I tried to put the screen protector on.

I've ordered another screen protector though just in case.

I think tempered glass screen protectors are fine, it's the plastic ones that have the problem.

Actually, I've seen cases where some of the HORI premium screen protectors have peeled off due to the adhesive melting away. Bit of a weird one, but yeah, just keep an eye it would be what I recommend.

Just ordered a tempered glass screen protector. No Prime ones available, pretty much all are sold out but sellers are setting it to '1-2 months' to bypass the 'out of stock' filter. The soonest available decent one I could find is this.

No scratches on mine from docking yet, have been super gentle with it so far. Does seem like a bit of a design oversight, the dock is pretty basic compared to the Switch itself. In contrast my Wii U gamepad has been completely indestructible, and the dock couldn't damage it, but I'm guessing they changed it as it didn't always engage if slightly off-centre. Based on my Wii U experiences I didn't expect to need a screen protector.

But when I had a PS Vita I managed to scratch it badly almost straight away... hopefully mine is still ok by the time the screen protector arrives!

Given how well made the Switch itself is, the dock is terrible by comparison. I cringe every time I take the thing in or out.

Yeah they're the ones!

Ordered them this evening along with a tempered glass screen protector. I fit the one that came with the official case but don't like it too much. Tempered glass is always the way and it had been reviewed well, so thought I'd give it a go.