NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

Spoiler-Free: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Absolutely loving this game after getting it launch, I didnt think I could love a Zelda game more than Ocarina/Majoras but this is on its way to becoming my favourite Zelda. I like the way you have boss battles on the overworld. I came across a bear that was running towards me yesterday and was surprised when it ran straight past only to find that there was a huuuge Hinox coming right at me!

ON another note, has anyone had any luck taking a game back to game as I pre-ordered with Amazon but it didnt arrive so I decided to buy a copy from game as i thought ill just take the Amazon copy back to Game and get a refund but they take the game out of its wrapper and put their own seal on.

I still don't understand how people are playing this without a guide. I was thinking of buying one, but today I see the price has gone up by £5 for both versions on the website I was browsing. Seems many gamers are thinking the same thing!

ON another note, has anyone had any luck taking a game back to game as I pre-ordered with Amazon but it didnt arrive so I decided to buy a copy from game as i thought ill just take the Amazon copy back to Game and get a refund but they take the game out of its wrapper and put their own seal on.

Not sure about Game but I have had great experiences with Amazon refunds. Some refund reasons don't incur any fees and can be returned to my local post office. Money has been refunded the same day (before they could possible even check the item properly).

Edited by Space

Im kind of enjoying doing the little thing in this game; ie just exploring every nook and cranny rather than just wanting to complete the main story mode which I guess it where this Zelda is different to previous games in the series.

Not sure about GAME but Amazon are great with refunds, especially if it's unopened. Amazon items can be returned to my local post office and I've had money refunded the same day (before they could possible even check the item properly) so it's very simple.

Only problem is Id rather get a refund from game as it cost me £35 on Amazon and £60 in game :(

I still don't understand how people are playing this without a guide.

The beauty of this game is it doesn't hold your hand, and lets you do whatever you want. I might get a guide after a hundred hours but only to 100% it.

The beauty of this game is it doesn't hold your hand, and lets you do whatever you want. I might get a guide after a hundred hours but only to 100% it.

You'd probably have to start again because there are apparently a shed load of missables.

Having played through the game blindly ( Google came in handy for a couple of things though ), I'll certainly be picking a guide up when I eventually start my Switch play through of the game.

You'd probably have to start again because there are apparently a shed load of missables.

Seriously??? What kind of missables?

Seriously??? What kind of missables?

From what i've read certain weapons, items, chests, heart pieces can be missed ( you'd have to be stupid but still...)...nothing key to the story but still missable.

From what i've read certain weapons, items, chests, heart pieces can be missed ( you'd have to be stupid but still...)...nothing key to the story but still missable.

Considering the limited inventory and weapons breaking, I wouldn't really count those as anything needed to "100%" the game anyway.

I still don't understand how people are playing this without a guide. I was thinking of buying one, but today I see the price has gone up by £5 for both versions on the website I was browsing. Seems many gamers are thinking the same thing!

I'm not entirely sure what you need a guide for (well, other than finding all the Koroks). There are a fair amount of instructions in the quest log for various quests.

Edited by Cube

I'm not entirely sure what you need a guide for (well, other than finding all the Koroks). There are a fair amount of instructions in the quest log for various quests.

Having played through the game blindly ( Google came in handy for a couple of things though ), I'll certainly be picking a guide up when I eventually start my Switch play through of the game.

You're going to play through again :) You're a machine!

Considering the limited inventory and weapons breaking, I wouldn't really count those as anything needed to "100%" the game anyway.

Collecting them, I agree, but you can take photos of every weapon in the game. I've read that you can buy the ones you miss though, but I never checked that.

I suppose it depends on what the players definition is of getting 100%.

You're going to play through again :) You're a machine!

Haha. Not yet. I haven't even bought a Switch, although I do have my copy of the Switch Zelda SE sat waiting. I meant once I pick up the Switch then i'll certainly be playing the game again.

Anyone else spamming the Switch'd screenshot button in this game? I went through them all last night (so quick and easy) to get rid of the poor ones and still have 180 in about ten hours and one and a half regions!

Collecting them, I agree, but you can take photos of every weapon in the game. I've read that you can buy the ones you miss though, but I never checked that.

I suppose it depends on what the players definition is of getting 100%.

Haha. Not yet. I haven't even bought a Switch, although I do have my copy of the Switch Zelda SE sat waiting. I meant once I pick up the Switch then i'll certainly be playing the game again.

Could be worth waiting for the DLC to hit and playing in Hard Mode (should you pick up a Switch beforehand, of course)

@Portlett if it's sealed I really wouldn't worry - iirc they get sealed copies coming through which they do pass on sometimes so an employee will just assume you're one of them. As long as you have a sealed box and receipt they'll probably take it - at worse I imagine they'll open it to check there's actually a game inside but really most employees probably won't even bother with that - besides you brought it to them in condition(sealed) so it won't affect owt if they cut it even for that.

Has anyone encountered any technical issues? The game crashed and quit to the Home menu for me last night and I had a moment where it froze and stuttered quite badly during a battle. Haven't encountered anything else apart from a couple of small frame drops.

I'm surprised by how much running about exploring I've been doing, I thought I'd be jumping straight into the story stuff.

Has anyone encountered any technical issues? The game crashed and quit to the Home menu for me last night and I had a moment where it froze and stuttered quite badly during a battle.

During my last 10 hours the game froze up for a second very frequently in different areas of the game. It was very annoying.

And the framerate on the WiiU version is horrific at times.

Could be worth waiting for the DLC to hit and playing in Hard Mode (should you pick up a Switch beforehand, of course)

I'm not sure I'll be bothering with the DLC. I found the story to be very weak and the main dungeons too short and easy. If it's just more of the same then I'll probably give it a miss.

This game is phenomenal. Like, genuinely one of the best games I have ever played good. Not overly far in the game in the grand scheme of things but I have put several hours in.

It's just open world done right. Like they've scaled to a massive world yet in Wind Waker fashion there is something unique in every quadrant to seek out, which is something most other open world games don't do. Usually it's a case of copy-paste some feature or landmark across a large map and inundate the player with loads of icons to visit. Not here, no sir. Even getting into many shrines is quite different fairly often, never mind what goes on in the shrines.

I can't get over what an amazing reinvention of Zelda this is. Like what kind of mad shit went down in a board room, what coke-fuelled epiphany happened, to lead to this end result...we'll probably never know. I would love them to do this kind of shit with some of Nintendo's other series too.

All I can say is that Aonuma is king. Majora's Mask and then this is nothing short of sorcery. Fucking game of the generation right here.

Edited by Sheikah

This game is phenomenal. Like, genuinely one of the best games I have ever played good. Not overly far in the game in the grand scheme of things but I have put several hours in.

It's just open world done right. Like they've scaled to a massive world yet in Wind Waker fashion there is something unique in every quadrant to seek out, which is something most other open world games don't do. Usually it's a case of copy-paste some feature or landmark across a large map and inundate the player with loads of icons to visit. Not here, no sir. Even getting into many shrines is quite different fairly often, never mind what goes on in the shrines.

I can't get over what an amazing reinvention of Zelda this is. Like what kind of mad shit went down in a board room, what coke-fuelled epiphany happened, to lead to this end result...we'll probably never know. I would love them to do this kind of shit with some of Nintendo's other series too.

All I can say is that Aonuma is king. Majora's Mask and then this is nothing short of sorcery. Fucking game of the generation right here.

Couldn't have said it better. Glad you're enjoying it as much as I am.

I think this game is a great example of when to allow a game to be delayed. This is the PERFECT Zelda - everything I've always wished it to be.

Multiple things to do, multiple towns, expanded lore and history, a race that has mostly only been represented by one or two people, items put to good use on a regular basis... I could go on.

SS I didn't feel like completing, TP I completed in like 3 days and never went back to - But this game... Im probably over 40 hours in and I haven't done much yet feel fulfilled to the point of actually holding back putting on the Switch today because I know its going to sap time.

Nintendo's practices are mostly questionable with regards to their hardware but when they make stuff like this I cant help but forgive their trespasses.

Very well put @Sheikah.

Played a bit more just now. The area around the split in two mountain is just lovely, especially just beyond it.

Had my first motion controlled Shrine (I hope people don't consider that a spoiler), I'd heard bad things about those type of puzzles in this game but I actually really enjoyed it. One of my favourites so far.

I also managed to complete a side quest before being given it, d'oh!

Very well put @Sheikah.

Had my first motion controlled Shrine (I hope people don't consider that a spoiler), I'd heard bad things about those type of puzzles in this game but I actually really enjoyed it. One of my favourites so far.

I really,like really really love them. All it really takes is some patience and their pretty open ended, rarely having just one way to figure them out - and I especially love how the shrines are very diverse. (and their titles).

I also like how the Runes use the motion controls.

Edited by King_V

I've decided to accept the pace of the game as it is, instead of trying to go too far too fast. I hadn't actually followed the proper paths to the villages, and thus had missed some important things, like the inventory upgrade.

Just tamed my first horse - a lovely grey beast - and called it "Grey" :heh:. Choosing the one you want really does feel more personal than even Epona in OOT.

I've decided to accept the pace of the game as it is, instead of trying to go too far too fast. I hadn't actually followed the proper paths to the villages, and thus had missed some important things, like the inventory upgrade.

Just tamed my first horse - a lovely grey beast - and called it "Grey" :heh:. Choosing the one you want really does feel more personal than even Epona in OOT.

I've currently got Splodgy, Frank and Doris! I'm like a horse Lord!

Sorry about that, by the way. I didn't realise this was the spoiler-free thread.