NEurope

You can see the increased budget from the first one doing so well.

Looks good though, can't wait.

If only the guys who helped to market this film helped with marketing on the other FOX superhero films...::shrug:

• Weird 1

I enjoyed it quite a bit when I watched today. It had some atrocious CGI here and there but was overall I think a stronger film. The cold open is no where near as memorable though. 

Just got back from seeing it, majorly disappointed...

I think it was too much action and not enough comedy for me, and even the comedy that was there didn't really hit.

I watched the first last night and still much prefer that.

Just got back from seeing it, majorly disappointed...
I think it was too much action and not enough comedy for me, and even the comedy that was there didn't really hit.
I watched the first last night and still much prefer that.
That's what I thought too, although I wasn't disappointed.

It was just more of an action film (which comes from having a bigger budget), while the first was more of a comedy.

I still liked both though.

Popped out to see this last week when Magnus Petersen gave me a shout as I hadn't even realised it was out so soon - unfortunately been overshadowed by IW I guess(lookin' at you, Brolin!) - not sure how I feel. On the whole, definitely positive. Compared to the first? Hmm. It's different. The problem with stuff like Deadpool being so quirky and irreverent is how to keep that going without losing yourself or become tacky/obvious - given that challenge I thought it did quite well. On the whole definitely enjoyed it and there was some great Deadpool-style moments throughout, with some really nice old comic book nods(and I don't even know them all that much for Deadpool).

I think it's going to get relatively harsh criticism being a sequel to the first, but I think in the face of what it was up against it did really well! Given I didn't plan to see it or go in with much expectation I think I actually really enjoyed it, but I'm well aware it didn't blow me away but not sure I really wanted it to either.