NEurope
Sméagol

I am Setsuna

Apparently this didn't have a thread yet.

I'll probably get it next month, but I'd love to hear impressions from people who get it day 1. I just found out the Japanese physical retail copies actually contain the English text as well, so if I'm going for it, I think I'll import it.

Looks really good but I think il have to wait a while before picking this up, with Zelda , Shovel Knight and Fast RMX. Mind you i could see myself going bonkers with Eshop and buying too many games.:grin:

Played it on PS4. It's pretty good. I don't how much it cost on the Switch, but I'm glad I got it at a discount, would not pay the current full price for it. There were parts of the story and characters I thought could need a bit more attention and the locations all looks the same very quickly, but in the end I enjoyed it. Combat is the best part.

[..] locations all looks the same very quickly, [..]

That's my biggest worry, and the main reason why it wasn't a guaranteed purchase for me. Good to hear you liked it!

I'll be picking thisbup but not at launch. Maybe in a few months time. Looks good though!

At half price it might be worth it, but it's definitely a game if other stuff comes out you'll probably drop it.

So did anybody pick this up?

I've got to admit I'd completely overlooked this game purely because the name didn't sell it to me. I hadn't seen that Square Enix were the publishers until the news popped up on the Switch this morning.

At £30 it's cheaper than the PS4 version and currently the same price as the Steam version. Are there any exclusive Switch features?

So did anybody pick this up?

I've got to admit I'd completely overlooked this game purely because the name didn't sell it to me. I hadn't seen that Square Enix were the publishers until the news popped up on the Switch this morning.

At £30 it's cheaper than the PS4 version and currently the same price as the Steam version. Are there any exclusive Switch features?

Apparently the Switch is getting exclusive DLC.

If this was half price I would have downloaded it.

Apparently the Switch is getting exclusive DLC.

If this was half price I would have downloaded it.

Me too. I was planning on getting this, but £30 is just too steep after buying the console and everything else.

I gave this game a bash on @Ugh-First-Aid's Switch.

Gameplay wise, it's pretty much a sequel to Chrono Trigger, the battle system is pretty much the same with a few additions. Unlike Chrono Cross, which went in a completely different direction which I just didn't find that fun.

Might have to get this when I pay off my Switch.

I started playing this today (PS4) and while the battle system is good the rest is falling a little flat.

The story seems to be a rip off of Final Fantasy X. It involves Setsuna (Yuna) having to go on a pilgrimage to be sacrificed so that monsters (Sin) won't respawn for a while. The main character (Tidus) joins her guard and helps her on her journey. I've just come across Nidr who was part of a previous pilgrimage and has a scar across one eye....so, Auron, then. :D

I love JRPGs that have a great soundtrack but the stuff I've heard so far is very samey and lacks any kind of real punch. It's all piano stuff and it has yet to resonate with me.

I'm only a few hours in so the game may pick up but at the moment it's all very meh.