NEurope
Choze

Xbox Game Pass (Subscription service)

http://news.xbox.com/2017/02/28/introducing-xbox-game-pass/

Today, we’re continuing our commitment to give you more options to diversify and expand your library of games with Xbox Game Pass, a new gaming subscription service coming later this spring. Xbox Game Pass gives you unlimited access to over 100 Xbox One and backward compatible Xbox 360 games – all for $9.99 per month.

100 game rotation subscription service. Focused on old games(360 + One) from indies to retail games.

Publisher support from 2K, 505 Games, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, Capcom, Codemasters, Deep Silver, Focus Home Interactive, SEGA, SNK CORPORATION, THQ Nordic GmbH, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Microsoft Studios.

Some of the fan-favorite titles coming to Xbox Game Pass when it launches to the broader Xbox community later this spring include Halo 5: Guardians, Payday 2, NBA 2K16 and SoulCalibur II.

Xbox-Game-Pass_Hero-hero.jpg

Not sure if this is a smart move. Kind of wondering about the future for the console.

Edited by Choze

See this is the type of thing I want to see Nintendo do with the Virtual Console.

As for the Xbox pass itself, I still dont use my Xbox One enough that it would make it worthwhile but it could be a good service for those who do.

So is this like PS Now?

It looks like you just download the games unlike PS Now where you stream them.

So is this like PS Now?

No its not a streaming service. PSNow is bigger selection wise but fully focused on PS3 games.

Sony should do this with all their old games.

I think a streaming service in the long run is probably the way to go. I just dont think we are there yet with Internet speeds and latency.

Depends how easy Sony's old games are to emulate on a PS4 I guess. I dont think I've ever seen a quote from Sony on the subject.

I do agree though, as someone who's Internet is not good enough to use PS Now I would love to just be able to download the games I want. I had to spend ages digging out and setting up an old PS3 last weekend so I could replay the Mass Effect trilogy. It would have been much nicer just to be able to play it on the PS4.

Seems like a decent/good idea to me. I'm a fan of PSNow, although this is a little different. With PSNow, the streaming works great for me and I have had very few problems. Of course, the factor that decides whether this concept sinks or swims is the selection of games.

I wouldn't get an XboxOne for this, but I'd use the service if I had one.

Having a Xbox One, I agree with Sheikah I just don't use it enough to truly benefit from the service. Frankly I don't even like using it when I do. (A half truth, I do get plenty of enjoyment out of the games I play.)

Depends how easy Sony's old games are to emulate on a PS4 I guess. I dont think I've ever seen a quote from Sony on the subject.

Not easy at all. Hence why the PS4 broke a trend having no real backwards compatibility, no library of PS1 games etc. The architecture totally changed. A few PS3 games have been re-released but not en masse as they require actual porting rather than straight emulation.

Not easy at all. Hence why the PS4 broke a trend having no real backwards compatibility, no library of PS1 games etc. The architecture totally changed. A few PS3 games have been re-released but not en masse as they require actual porting rather than straight emulation.

Yeah I was thinking more PS1 and PS2. With the PS3 I'm sure a good amount of work would be needed to port games over given how different the hardware was.