NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

Nintendo eShop Direct - 28th Feb 2017 17.30GMT

Thought that was a lovely presentation, great to see indie games getting their chance to shine :)

It did make me think about my own favourite era of gaming, and judging by my happiness at seeing Yooka Laylee finally confirmed I think it's fair to say it was the 64 bit era!

My ears did prick up right at the end when he said "and we'll have more from these third party developers in the future" or something to the effect; seems like Nintendo aren't so much referring to EA, Activision etc as their third party partners but these indies just as much if not more so.

All I need now is a King's Story or Harvest Moon type micro-management sim.

Like stardew valley?

The presenter did a great job as well, hopefully he'll be back for more of these indie directs in the future.

Like stardew valley?

Its a Sim!? How so? I'll go check a few videos.

Edit: Saw a review, the concept looks like what Im after... Im sadly just not a complete fan of the 16bit pixel style - but I'll still give it a shot.

Edited by King_V

Correct me if I'm wrong, but... ONE 3D game? That's absolutely ludicrous!

Ludicrous in what way?

Its a Sim!? How so? I'll go check a few videos.

Edit: Saw a review, the concept looks like what Im after... Im sadly just not a complete fan of the 16bit pixel style - but I'll still give it a shot.

You should check out Rune Factory 4 on the 3DS eshop. Not as popular as Stardew Valley, but it's way better in every department, in my opinion, including the graphics.

Well, that's settled then. Getting Yooka-Laylee on the Switch when it comes out. Especially since I don't have any plans to get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Good range of games overall from indie developers although not much from series that I'm familiar with. I think we're getting Sonic Mania later down the line and I'm also hoping that Freedom Planet 2 comes to the Switch. I can't see Undertale coming to the Switch because Toby Fox says he would have to reprogram the entire game and he doesn't know any real programming languages other than Game Maker's, the game would have to be ported by another developer. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for the Switch to get Minecraft on it either like how it took the Wii U ages.

Still waiting for Nintendo and Sakaguchi to get to a nice deal for:

latest?cb=20150521035943

I must hear Yamane's sweet music once again!

Edited by Fused King

Well I think it's fair to say Nintendo have smashed it with the indies. I've never played Stardew Valley but I get the impression a multiplayer version would be big news.

Come on Nintendo now show us you have done the same great work with the big publishing houses.

Ludicrous in what way?

Because 2D is quite niche nowadays... apart from on phones.

There are LOTS of 3D indie titles out there, so one may wonder why those games aren't coming out for the Switch. Rocket League is for example a massive omission.

All I need now is a King's Story or Harvest Moon type micro-management sim.

You could always download New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers.

The game has just been announced to be released for the Switch on Friday.

Rime, FAST RMX, Snake Pass, State of Mind, Toe Jam & Earl, Oceanhorn, Yooka-Laylee, Redout, Thumper.

From a cursory look at the infographic.

Wow, what a fantastic Direct. That Switch launch schedule looks a lot more full and busy. I can easily see me getting at least 5 games probably more. Yooka Laylee, Showdown Hawaii and Mr Shifty being top of the list.

Yeah, that was incredible. Made me much more enthusiastic about the Switch after Zelda, and made me interested in a lot of new games. Flipping Death looked amazing, Shakedown Hawaii looked rad, Mr. Shifty, that looked awesome! It's gonna be some nice handheld months!

There was maximum two games out of the seventeen I won't be picking up, Escapist 2 and possibly Mr Shifty, the rest I'm definitely getting.

Not a lot I would buy personally or would just buy elsewhere but definitely a nice collection of games for the rest of you. Shows effort was put in to work with the Indies.

Getting console multiplayer on Stardew Valley first is a really significant point of note to me. It means Nintendo have gone out of their way to secure an exclusive agreement with the developer, which whilst not the greatest sign for the industry in general, is a pointer that they're getting a bit more up to date in terms of what it takes to compete.

Getting console multiplayer on Stardew Valley first is a really significant point of note to me. It means Nintendo have gone out of their way to secure an exclusive agreement with the developer, which whilst not the greatest sign for the industry in general, is a pointer that they're getting a bit more up to date in terms of what it takes to compete.

Bit of extra clarification on the multiplayer

http://www.pcgamer.com/stardew-valley-multiplayer-could-be-coming-to-pc-this-summer/

Rime, FAST RMX, Snake Pass, State of Mind, Toe Jam & Earl, Oceanhorn, Yooka-Laylee, Redout, Thumper.

From a cursory look at the infographic.

Hey Lens of Truth you're back!! :bouncy:

Great to see you post again!

You getting a Switch then?! :grin:

Yeah I figured, hence why I made a note, just like they did, of saying "console multiplayer" :p It would always be PC first since it's developed on that platform.

I meant more that it wont be there at the Switch's launch.

Only just caught up to this news.

Great showing and some great games coming :) Really hope Nintendo will get into the habit of having regular eShop sales, especially when even more games like this are on the way.