NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 3: 10 year anniversary edition

Xpert 11 Season 3

In past threads they have been themed in one way or another on a movie or image that had nothing to do with what Xpert is really about.

So I thought for newcomers I would go back to basics.

Here is @Mr_Odwin post introducing the game in this thread 10 years ago: http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16598

Xpert Eleven is the game where you can challenge your friends in the noble art of coaching a football team. Get your friends together and create your own league system.

It is completely free to play Xpert Eleven. You can either create your very own league or join an existing league.

We play this at work and it can be a right laugh. I don't like football but it's still great.

It's a simple version of something like Championship Manager.

Beware: This is no short thing. It will take many weeks to complete the season. Please join the N-Europe league only if you plan to continue. It would be sad to have a league full of dead teams.

As we're all forum members, try to use your forum name as part of the team name or your user name. That'll make the connection with this forum stronger.

For our current season we are nearing the end of what has been a great season! The title has gone down to the last game this Tuesday with defending champions Winston Warriors having to beat Angry Greeks at home to retain their crown.

Xpert.jpg

New team Super Star FC beat Haden United to gain 3rd place and Cubic County and Leeds Reunited are battling it out for 5th.

Anyway it would be great to have a few more active teams, it does take a while to get into but it is great fun when you start to build your team up. Would be good to see some old faces return as well as some new hands taking up the challenge :D

If you are interested please sign up here: http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=427282

13556228-guardiola_afp_20140129-223342-12spiTjO65ef.jpg

Edited by Haden

A truly glorious last game to decide the new Xpert champion!

Well done Nick!

image.jpg

What happened to Federer? I swear he can only concentrate on either the tennis or the football, but not both at once.

I'm fairly pleased with my first season back. Started with two losses, but ended getting revenge on both teams.

I also like how the final match deciding the title was a draw, considering the part my surprise win against WW (which I really shouldn't have won) played in it.

What happened to Federer? I swear he can only concentrate on either the tennis or the football, but not both at once.

He has gone afk after quite a promising start but will hopefully be back. Speaking of which you need to make your return bob! The team in third are new this season so it can be done we also have another new team joining so it is a good time to rejoin the game :D

I'm fairly pleased with my first season back. Started with two losses, but ended getting revenge on both teams.

I also like how the final match deciding the title was a draw, considering the part my surprise win against WW (which I really shouldn't have won) played in it.

Yes well done Cube it is good to have you back and you did indeed have a huge influence on the title race with your win!

Edited by Haden
Automerged Doublepost

A truly glorious last game to decide the new Xpert champion!

Well done Nick!

Thanks Dan, an epic struggle to the death! Felt like it ended in a double KO ...only for the ref to notice my arm fell on top of Winston for the three count! :p

665071_w2.jpg

We can be un-Angry...just for one day!

Hacked into Roger Federer's personal email account to uncover this correspondance.

z3a7o.png

I'm seeing him in real life for the first time in months this weekend so I'll get the lowdown on a possible return to coaching!

Truely a stunning finish @Nikos9 - one of the all time great Xpert matches. Very glad we both went tooth and nail for the win!

Yeah man I was totally fuming with myself looking at that final league table! Getting my best defender suspended was probably the worst thing about that loss in retrospect. Congrats on getting a good away win!

--

2f3ed6795745c4a8466f092ea6128c52.jpg

Great season all round guys, some great twists and turns in the runup to the final game. New boy off the forums Elstak done well too - next season should be a cracker with Elstak, Haden and Cubic all coming into good form.

Over at Winston I had a few distractions which has cost me some poor dvs; might need to spend some money over the window. But hugely looking forward to getting my revenge against @Nikos9 in season 3!!

NE MadDog League - NE MadDog League - Season 2 - Overview

1 - TEAM RELATED -

Most efficient team Angry Greeks 50,0 %

Most inefficient team Haden United 36,4 %

Team with most goals Winston Warriors 42 goals

Team with least goals Hull-Federer Alliance 3 goals

Most injury days Angry Greeks 63

Most money spent on transfers Winston Warriors 100 300 econ

Most money earned on transfers Haden United 72 912 econ

Most press releases Angry Greeks 8 -

PLAYER RELATED -

Top scorers Jordi Rincón [Angry Greeks] 13 goals

Most assists Vadim Ispravnikov [Winston Warriors] 8 assists

Most points Jordi Rincón [Angry Greeks] 15 points

Most yellow cards Eddie Mostyn [Leeds Re-United] 6 cards

Most red cards Max Teague [Leeds Re-United] 2 cards

Most X11s Stuart Preece [Winston Warriors] 11

Most X11 Captains Günther Wimmer [Winston Warriors] 4

Most clean sheets Gianluigi Buffon [super Star F.C] 9

Most injury days Tajo Gañán [Hull-Federer Alliance] 26 days -

GAME RELATED -

Most goals in a game Nuclear Submarine - Haden United 3 - 5

Biggest win Winston Warriors - Hull-Federer Alliance 6 - 0

Some interesting stats form the overview!

Gearing towards a 7th March start just wondering if @dan\-likes\-trees has heard from Rodger also saw @Dyson on the board the other day so may see if he sees this thread!

We have two new teams so we should be in good shape to go with a competitive 8 but could stretch to 10 if anyone else wants to join.

The link is here: http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=427282

Great to see you back Dyson.We are pretty much ready to go however in quite big news Elstak who recently quit is potentially offering to come back with quite a few friends making the league a lot bigger. I am looking into this at the moment and will not accept if it imbalances our league too much. Talking of which I have boosted all the teams that have not been with us since Season 1 to balance things a bit better.

I will start the league either on Tuesday or Friday just want to see what the offer is by Elstak before I do.

If anyone wants to join before then let me know! Btw @dan\-likes\-trees any word from Rodger?

The season is starting on Friday! Already a mouth watering match between the Angry Greeks and AVFC beckons.

@dan\-likes\-trees I have kept Rodger in although at this stage he may want to start a new team!

Did you want to do a quick report of one division if I do the other?

Game 1 report

Premier League

Leeds Re-United 3-1 Hull Federer Alliance

Quite a strange match for the opening of the Premier League as Leeds took on an inactive Hull Federer Alliance. You would imagine Leeds in only their 2nd season may be concerned about relegation this season but they have got off to a good start with this game. Both teams played 4-4-2 but it was clear that Leeds were out to dominate this game from the get go. Botham scored early with a blistering shot but HFA did not want to go out without a fight and responded with a headed goal less than 10 minutes later. However in the 2nd half Botham to poked in a free kick to restore Leeds lead. Giggs who had been troublesome all day delivered a late corner that Diana smashed home to make it 3-1. This was in essence an easy start for Leeds but three points on the board is an important start for them, they are away to AVFC next and will look to try and get a point to turn this into a good start to the season.

Angry Greeks 3-1 AVFC

This could be seen as a clash of the two merged leagues, as the current NE champ Angry Greeks take on the best team and admin of the old league AVFC. Both teams decided to go with a 3-5-2 to try and dominate the midfield. However right from the get go a sluggish looking AVFC seemed to be outpaced at every turn by the Greeks. When trying to mount an attack AVFC were caught by a beautiful Westman through ball on the counter, he found Ostrovski who calmly rounded the goalie for the opener. Westman was causing trouble again as he was felled in the box, he picked up the ball himself for the penalty and blasted it home.By the time Gomide curled in a beautiful 3rd it looked like it may turn into a rout. However after the break AVFC started to take less risks and slowed the game down, it looked like a fightback may be on when Costa hit in a shot against the post. However it was not to be and the Angry Greeks started their title defense with a very good win. The Greeks have a game off in the next round so will be able to rest and take their time planning for their next game. AVFC are against Leeds which should be a more winnable game for them but they will need to come out the blocks quicker in front of their home crowd.

Haden United 0-0 Cubic County

The closest game came between two old league veterans as Cubic County held Haden United to a 0-0 draw. Both teams played 4-4-2 but despite the scoreline there were a good amount of chances with Haden having 5 and County having 4. United had the lions share of possession and their manager tried to make this pay by making some offensive substitutions in the 2nd half however a bad injury to midfield Xicluna seemed to take the momentum out of United's game in fact County had more momentum towards the end of the game and it was their new goalie and captain Aurora who impressed with a couple of great saves to make sure United didn't lose their opening game. In the end this was a job well done for County, United will be happy to have a clean sheet but dissapointed by their strikers. County should have a nice easy 3 points next against Hull while United will need to stay very solid at the back as they travel to Winston.

Team of the week: Angry Greeks, a very good start to their title defence with an impressive win.

Player of the week: William Botham, Leeds M.O.T: scored twice to give Leeds an important opening win.

Hey man, sorry, busy week for me so no opportunity to fit in some reports.

Good writeup! I totally forgot about the new season, major letoff as my first game isn't till Monday! Phew

@Dyson where are you the season is here! :D

Embarrassing though even with not much activity you still have more points than me...

Week 2

Tuesday

Cubic County 5-0 Hull Federer Alliance

County kept up their strong start to the season with an easy win against the managerless Hull. They went with a 4-4-2 and Cullen, Lambert, Martin and Fuller all had goals. It was indeed a whitewash with County having 70% possession and 8 chances to 0. County did a professional job and the goal difference increase may be crucial come the end of the season.

Winston Warriors 1-1 Haden United

This was the kickoff match for the Warriors who before this game had a 100% record against United. Warriors lined up with a 4-4-2 formation against 4-5-1 from United. While the Warriors enjoyed the majority of possession United crafted the only real chances in the first half. This pressure paid in the 2nd half as a rare combination between two United defenders caused the opener as McLean crossed in a ball that Burtila powered home. The home crowd were growing restless as time ticked on and chances proved very rare. However their talisman Wimmer saved the day with a humdinger of a shot that he blasted in right near the end of the game. United got their tactics right in this game and will be pleased with a first point against the Warriors, as for the Warriors they will have to pick up some wins now if they are to keep up with the league leaders.

AVFC 4-0 Leeds Reunited

AVFC were seen as a force to be reckoned with when they first entered the league but had a disappointing opening day loss to the Greeks. However at home they gave a footballing lesson to Leeds. Playing a 3-5-2 they utterly outclassed Leeds who went for an inverted 5-3-2. AVFC came storming out the blocks with Costa who is in his last season for AVFC showing why they will miss him. He scored the fastest goal in the league so far with a close range shot from a corner, he then set up two goals to give AVFC a 3-0 lead after 21 minutes. When Costa was subbed just after half time the fans were chanting "1 more year, we want just 1 more year!" to their hero. Sjunnesson completed the rout with a lovely curling long range shot to make it 4. In the end AVFC made 14 chances if Costa stayed on it could have got embarrassing for Leeds. For AVFC this game was the real start to their campaign and a statement of intent, for Leeds it was a worrying reminder that every point will be precious for them in this campaign.

Friday

Leeds Reunited 1-3 Angry Greeks

Leeds had a hard week facing what many see as the top two teams in the league in one brutal 3 day stretch! Leeds kept their 5-3-2 formation while the Greeks went for a 4-4-2 setup. Things started badly for Leeds as Blæstrud headed Greeks into the lead after a mere 7 minutes. However Leeds plan was obviously to soak up pressure and hit on the break and they timed this to perfection as Gough relesaed Diana to hit back to the delight of the Leeds fans. However in the 2nd half the class divide became apparent, this was personified by Westman who had both the stamina and skill that is lacking in the Leeds midfield. Westman scored a lovely headed goal and then set one up to make it 3-1 in the 74th minute. From this point Leeds had no real chance to get back in the game. For the Greeks this was an important win, they now face County in another away game where they will look to maintain their 100% record. For Leeds they have a game off but realise they will probably be in the relegation zone when they come back, they need to train hard and be ready for their next game.

AVFC 5-1 Cubic County

The 2nd part of AVFC's redemptive week took place on Friday as they tore apart County to shoot to the top of the table. Again AVFC played a 3-5-2 formation against the 4-4-2 of County. It was Costa who started things off with a delicious long range shot to get the party started early. Shuttlewood the wing back caused chaos on the wings as he bound forward to set up Stensass and Cambiasso after corners. Costa then blasted in another one as the County defence gave him so much time on the ball before Stensass looped in a header to make it 5-0 before 40 minutes. AVFC eased down in the 2nd half taking off Cambiasso and Costa to bring in some youth. County did get a consolation goal when Martin hit in a free kick off the post. However AVFC were brilliant value for money and won the match in a mesmerizing first half. AVFC now face the challenge of the 1st season winners Winston Warriors in what should be a barnstormer of a match, while County have to brace themselves to face the current champions the Angry Greeks.

Hull Federer Alliance 0-5 Winston Warriors

The game that sadly cost the manager his job as Hull sunk to another 5-0 loss. Good news for Winston though as Wimmer had a brilliant game with 3 assists and a goal. It pushes the Warriors up to third with a crucial game against AVFC next it will be fascinating to see if the Warriors can carry this momentum forward and leap into the top two with a win.

Team of the week: AVFC easily take team of the week this time around with two brilliant wins that send them to the top spot.

Player of the week: Firmino Pinto da Costa, AVFC, behind the success of AVFC was the genius of Costa who now has 4 goals and 2 assists to his name. It may be his last season but he is not going out quietly!

as for the Warriors they will have to pick up some wins now if they are to keep up with the league leaders.

The Winston have risen to the challenge!

I'm thinking of restarting my old feature, Words With Winston; which was rather similar in format to The Inter-view. Any takers for intervewees?

The Winston have risen to the challenge!

I'm thinking of restarting my old feature, Words With Winston; which was rather similar in format to The Inter-view. Any takers for intervewees?

I am up for it you could advertise it on xpert as well. Cube would be a good candidate considering his great start to the season!

I am up for it you could advertise it on xpert as well. Cube would be a good candidate considering his great start to the season!

Sure, I'd be willing to do that.

Pleased with my new keeper, still don't really have a team for a title punt but a lot more stable than the last two seasons.

Week 3 report

Tuesday

Haden United 4-0 Hull Federer Alliance

An easy win here for United as they gain there first 3 points of the season, they fielded what must be considered a youth side against Hull. Curmi was the stand out player with two well taken goals. This was a much needed win for United that sends them shooting up the table.

Winston Warriors 2-0 AVFC

This was a hotly anticipated game that both sides really wanted to get a result out of. Both teams played 3-5-2 but oddly this seemed to cancel each other out. AVFC really toiled here unable to craft one real chance for their star man Costa. The Warriors struck in the first half when Artobolevsky headed in a beautiful cross from Preece to make it 1-0. This turned out to be AVFC's weak point as just after half time another cross this time from Jaume to Ispravnikov undid the AVFC defence a second time. Warriors then began to sit really deep and AVFC could not break them down. It was in truth not the most exciting game but it was a very good show of tactical play from the Warriors.

Cubic County 1-1 Angry Greeks

County have gone under the radar this season stringing together some really good results. This has to be up there as one of the best so far. County set up with a 5-3-2 formation against the 4-4-2 of the Greeks. Straight out the gate County hit the Greeks quickly and Martin curled in a fabulous header that was buried by Cullen. This shook the Greeks who never found a rhythm in the first half and did not create any real chances. The Greeks then begin to bring in substitutes to try and alter the game with Grubb, Directo and Westman all being called on to help turn the tide of the match. The Greeks began to create chances and with just 6 minutes to go two of the subs Grubb and Westman combined as Grubb hit in a corner that Westman bundled home. It was a cruel blow to County but their fans were cheering them all the way to the end and were really proud of the team. It is close at the top and the Greeks may look back at this as a lost 2 points but on the other hand may be happy they came away with anything.

Friday

Angry Greeks 3-3 Winston Warriors

The last game of the season that decided the title between these two was a epic encounter that ended 3-3 giving the Greeks their first championship. Surely this could not live up to that epic?

At first it seemed not Warriors played 3-5-2 against the 4-5-1 of the Greeks. Again the Greeks had a very bad first half with 1 chance to 5 for Warriors and again conceded an early goal as Jaume headed in a curling cross. The Greeks improved in the 2nd half and seemed fired up. They got their reward when again Westman was the hero hitting in a powerful shot, Souloganis then heade in a goal just before the 70th minute as the Greeks began to take control. The Warriors manager responded by freshening up his midfield and attack bringing on Artobolevsky and Anunciação, this turned out to be a move of genius as first Artobolevsky and then Anunciação scored within two minutes of each other to give the Warriors a 3-2 lead! However the Greeks had also brought on some players, one of whom was Lavado who with minutes to go was threaded through by Westman, he ghosted past the keeper and smashed the ball in the net. The Greeks fans went crazy it was Lavado's first ever goal for the club! A truly brilliant game by two sides who bring out the best of each other. The Greeks have slipped slightly this week due to starting slowly in both games but importantly managed to retrieve a point in each one. The Warriors on the other hand would happily have taken 4 points from this testing week if you offered it to them at the start and look every bit the title contenders.

Leeds Re-United 0-3 Cubic County

This was an important game that highlighted the gap between Leeds who seem to be spiraling down to relegation to County who are reaching new heights with every game. Leeds set up with a 5-3-2 that was perfectly countered by County's 4-3-3. County paid no price for their 3 men in midfield and were able to strike with deadly efficiency when they wanted. This started just before half time with a long range strike from Cullen. Then Rowlands and Lambert sealed the game with some great quick movement in the 2nd half. For Leeds they actually made enough chances but Diana and Griffiths were really not efficient enough. For Leeds you have to say this was a must win game and now they are looking at a double with Haden United as a way to haul themselves out of the relegation zone. For County this was another brilliant result that sees them 1 points below top place.

AVFC 1-0 Haden United

This was the first meeting between these two clubs and ended up being a good win for AVFC who controlled most of the game.Both teams played 3-5-2 but AVFC controlled what was a close opening half. Chafik found some space for AVFC and curled in a ball for Bellhammer to head in his 2nd goal of the season. United never really got going and while they looked quite solid they did not have a creative outlet. Things got worse when Godfrey was sent off for a reckless challenge that ended any chance United had for a come back. For AVFC this win combined with the drama of the Warriors-Greeks match meant they climbed to the top of the table. United have fallen behind the leaders but will not be too dissapointed by this performance.

Team of the week: Winston Warriors just edge out Cubic County who also had a superb week. The Warriors did really well to win at home without conceding a goal and then take a crucial point against the Greeks in a drama filled game.

Player of the week: William Cullen, Cubic County, 2 goals and an assist for the week for the 26 year old striker who had fun against Leeds and struck early against Greeks to help his team earn 4 points.

They're gonna lay me low (Lay me low)

They're gonna sink me in the snow

They're gonna throw back their heads and crow

When I go

They're gonna jump and shout (Lay me low)

They're gonna wave their arms about

All the stories will come out

When I go

All the stars will glow bright (Lay me low)

And my friends will give up the fight

They'll see my work in a different light

When I go

They'll try telephoning my mother (Lay me low)

But they'll end up getting my brother

Who'll spill the story on some long-gone lover

That I hardly know

Hats off to @Mr_Odwin

On top of the world

Come crawl up here, baby

And I'll show you how it works

If you wanna be my friend

And you wanna repent

And you want it all to end

And you wanna know when

Well do it now don't care how

Take your final bow

Make a stand Take my hand

And blow it all to hell

They gonna inform @Charlie (Lay me low)

Who'll breathe a sigh of relief

He'll say I was a @Rowan a badlander, and a thief

When I go

They will interview my @Fierce_LiNk

Who'll say I was one of God's sorrier creatures

They'll print informative six-page features

When I go

They'll bang a big old gong (Lay me low)

The motorcade will be ten miles long

The world will join together for a farewell song

When they put me down below

They'll sound @130131301364 (Lay me low)

And the sea will rage, and the sky will storm

All man and beast will mourn

When I go

Hats off to the man

On top of the world

Come crawl up here, baby

And we can watch this damn thing turn

If you wanna be my friend

And you wanna repent

And you want it all to end

And you wanna know when

Well do it now Do it now

Take a long last bow

Take my hand Make a stand

And blow it all to hell

Lay me low...

When I go...

Now is a better time than ever to sign up if you are interested sign up here:

http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=427282

Form's looking a little low there Winnie Bear (@dan\-likes\-trees)! :wink:

Ha!! Just the stragglers in the B-Team bringing down the form average (or is it?). In any case - Winston could win their next fixture with average form of 4.. Bring it on!