NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Splash! Magikarp (Mobile - Spring 2017)

main1.png

A new mobile title has been announced for iOS and Android devices. This game is to be called Splash! Magikarp and will be released at some point this Spring. Not much is currently known about the game but the only image we have contains one fisherman and two holes that are shaped like Magikarp. It is being developed by Select Button Inc.

hmc.gif

Just the name alone gives me the impression that this is going to be pretty inconsequential.

Naturally, this is all Pokemon GO's fault.

Looking forward to finding out more details :)

The thing is with Pokémon Go, it is hard to commit to playing other games as you might miss Pokémon when playing them.

Sneak released in Italy of all places yesterday

The premise is simple. You have to catch a Magikarp, then feed and train it before taking on leagues where your Magikarp has to jump the highest. If it loses, you need to get a new Magikarp and start over.

Microtransactions come in the form of Diamonds used to buy Support Pokémon and improve other elements such as make training and berries stronger

A few screenshots of mine

DADDKxcXoAExWmX.jpgDADKC7xXgAEzOJm.jpgDADEfhaXoAArLtT.jpgDADKNFfXYAAh8Gd.jpgDADNayBXoAET_PK.jpg

[..]

If it loses, you need to get a new Magikarp and start over.

[..]

Toss the loser on the grill eh? Rightfully so.

I have no interest in playing the game, but I do want to practice my Italian in a more casual way. What's the score @Serebii, how do I get this?

I have no interest in playing the game, but I do want to practice my Italian in a more casual way. What's the score @Serebii, how do I get this?
Just grow a mustache.

This is out now, and an English trailer has been released:

I've tried it for 15 minutes or so and beated the first league. Seems like a good time-waster but it's too random with too little to do for the player. The game basically plays itself once booted. It feels more like a Tamogotchi with Magikarp.

Loving this game, though I've been terribly busy the last few days and barely had a chance to play, so I'm only on my 5th Magikarp so far after conquering the Quick League with my darling Chelsea (a beautiful White/Orange Calico Magikarp).

I'm also really happy it uses the Rumble World/Picross microtransaction model, so to show my support I bought all 5000 Diamonds/Tickets shortly after starting (before even letting my first Magikarp, Foppa, complete the Friend League) on Thursday, which let me buy all the Support Pokémon and most of the Decorations right away.

It's actually only the second time I've ever spent money on a mobile game - the first being the fantastic Layton Brothers: Mystery Room - and it was of course quite expensive compared to the all the other games mentioned in this post (more expensive than the three combined, I'm pretty sure...), but I can tell that I'll be enjoying this game for a long time, so I'm quite sure I'll get my money's worth from it. :smile:

Sign in to follow this