NEurope
dan-likes-trees

Stardew Valley

As a longtime Harvest Moon fan/player - how does this stack up against the original? It certainly looks pretty but people mention farming/selling/marriage etc but that happens in Harvest Moon games. The 3DS game A New Beginning seems to do all that and is lovely to do so. There's a new Harvest Moon game on the way (based on an email from the Nintendo) which seems intriguing as well.

I am torn as fuck.

I wouldn't be torn, Stardew Valley is meant to be a great game whereas Harvest Moon lost its way a long time ago.

Just get it, it's great, addictive, a total ripoff of Harvest Moon but in a homage kind of way, and with a bunch of modern improvements.

Yeah, it does feel as though you're playing a love letter to Harvest Moon rather than a cheap knockoff.

Whenever I play Stardew Valley I feel like I am playing the Harvest Moon game we were supposed to get 5 years ago, with an added 5 years of awesome ideas brought into the game. The first night I played Stardew I remember running around the town saying to my girlfriend "Oh this is like Harvest Moon. Oh wow so is this" and it got to the point where the game built on everything it had to pull from, instead of staying the same formula but with an added sprite for each character.

@Eenuh is addicted to this.

I was making a sandwich and all I could hear was her complaining that she had left her chicken pen door open and now all her chickens were escaping.

"Fucking chickens, just get back iiiin. Get iiiinn theeeere. Why are you doing this to me?"

A number of people have been curious about the PS Vita port we mentioned way back in January, and I’m happy to announce that a PS Vita port is actually happening! It’ll be available next year, and it’ll have cross-buy too, so if you’ve got Stardew Valley on Playstation 4 you won’t need to buy it again to play it on your PS Vita! However, it’s worth noting that we can’t port the multiplayer update to PS Vita.

Source

YES! Been waiting for that. I love the game but always thought it would feel better on a handheld. Can't wait.

Missus bought this on the Switch so have been giving it a go. Got to the bottom of the mine by end of Spring. Now in Winter and upping my fishing game (I went for the river farm just for the sake of it) I have Chicken Island and eventually Cow Island once I get the monies 

I bought the Joja Membership. I regret nothing. Can't be arsed to grind various things when I can just generally grind and get a loada money. It's just a case of can I be bothered to speculate to accumulate - I'm going to go balls deep and aim for 40k to repair the bus, do I save straight up or spend 10k etc on a barn and hope the cows get me there a lil quicker?