NEurope

@Eenuh will be celebrating her birthday very soon. As we are going for a dual tv setup in the house, it is time to upgrade her poverty tv that she is currently using.

We currently have a 40inch Samsung F6100 as our main tv (and the PS4 we use the most). Ine's tv is a much smaller Samsung, around 28-32inches. It was originally our main tv before we upgraded to the 40inch one we currently have.

IMG_20170203_223714976.jpg

The part of the tv on the smaller model (Ine's tv) which connects to the stand is broken, which means we now need to prop it up with other objects. The plan will be to wall-mount this tv in our soon-to-be-created garage gym. So, we're looking for a brand new tv to become our new main tv. Possibly something between 40-48inches. We'd prefer not to go above the £600 mark, but we can see about that later.

We're quite open to ideas in terms of HDR and 4K. We're not huge on 3D and are not particularly bothered about it being curved or not.

Samsung have always been a decent brand for us. But again, we're quite open to new ideas.

@Eenuh will be celebrating her birthday very soon. As we are going for a dual tv setup in the house, it is time to upgrade her poverty tv that she is currently using.

We currently have a 40inch Samsung F6100 as our main tv (and the PS4 we use the most). Ine's tv is a much smaller Samsung, around 28-32inches. It was originally our main tv before we upgraded to the 40inch one we currently have.

IMG_20170203_223714976.jpg

The part of the tv on the smaller model (Ine's tv) which connects to the stand is broken, which means we now need to prop it up with other objects. The plan will be to wall-mount this tv in our soon-to-be-created garage gym. So, we're looking for a brand new tv to become our new main tv. Possibly something between 40-48inches. We'd prefer not to go above the £600 mark, but we can see about that later.

We're quite open to ideas in terms of HDR and 4K. We're not huge on 3D and are not particularly bothered about it being curved or not.

Samsung have always been a decent brand for us. But again, we're quite open to new ideas.

When my TV died last year I went all out and replaced it with a 49" Samsung KS8000...

samsungks8000-1l.jpg

Absolutely love it! Looks incredible with 4K Netflix/Prime and my PS4 Pro I got a couple of months later is beautiful.

That model would be out of your price range but they have cheaper ones such as the KU6000. Obviously won't be as good but after a quick look it seems to be one of the best 4K HDR entry level sets you can get.

Samsung has some well reviewed quality TVs as eddage said.

Alternatively I am quite happy with the 4K HDR Sony that I purchased last fall, and to my knowledge @Daft is happy with the Sony they bought.

Honestly the best advice I can say is do some online research and narrow it down some, then go to a big box store that has those models and check them out in person. Play with the menus and all that jazz, check out viewing angles and color. Being that everything is a smart TV these days the OS is somewhat important. Like the Sonys are android TVs and log into your google account.

I've been looking for a new 4K TV for the last few weeks.

Its exhausting finding the right one for gaming, I must have decided on a certain model 3 or 4 times for me to find something wrong with it (8 bit HDR, known problems, high input lag etc etc)

The Sony X800D gets good reviews, 10 bit HDR with low input lag and from reading on neogaf and reddit, a lot of PS4 & PS4 Pro owners have gone with this TV with positive results.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Home-Cinema-TV-Video/Sony-KD55XD8005-Android-Freeview-PlayStation/B01IF52BE4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1486231203&sr=8-5&keywords=X800D

Just noticed your price range, 49" it is then https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KD49XD8088-Android-TRILUMINOS-PlayStation/dp/B01IF521AI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486231412&sr=8-1&keywords=X800D

Edited by lostmario

That Bravia is catching my eye!

@Eddage, that telly looks gorgeous but it's a bit out of our range. Hmm. Will think on that.

@Nolan, which Sony model is that?

I've got a 930D, I don't recall Dafts model. The 800D is the same product line just lower model I believe, different features.

Slight thing is Sony changes the product number between US and EU so I'm not sure the exact model for you guys. If I recall rightly, one thing I did like was that the Sony had more inputs including analogue inputs incase of older devices needing to be hooked up. That was a slight factor for me.

When my TV died last year I went all out and replaced it with a 49" Samsung KS8000...

samsungks8000-1l.jpg

Absolutely love it! Looks incredible with 4K Netflix/Prime and my PS4 Pro I got a couple of months later is beautiful.

That model would be out of your price range but they have cheaper ones such as the KU6000. Obviously won't be as good but after a quick look it seems to be one of the best 4K HDR entry level sets you can get.

That's the one I've been looking at! Reassured that you're loving it

If you want to save a few bob but still get a magnificent TV without all the bells and whistles I'd recommend the Sony Bravia W805C. It comes in 43", 47" and 55" if I remember correctly. There's no HDR and no 4K, but it's easily the best 1080p TV I've ever seen. You can get it for around £400 - £500 in Richer Sounds / John Lewis depending on the model. It's a real top of the range TV, which perfects "known technology" but doesn't delve into the newer stuff.

I bought one because I didn't want to go cheap on an entry model 4KTV as my budget was £600 max at the time. It runs on an Android operating system with built in Wi-Fi and there are countless apps available. The game mode is superb, lag is almost non-existent. It has a wealth of options so you can fine tune your viewing depending on the kind of content your viewing. An all round excellent piece of kit. Plus if you buy from Richer Sounds you get a six year warranty.

The Sony X800D gets good reviews, 10 bit HDR with low input lag and from reading on neogaf and reddit, a lot of PS4 & PS4 Pro owners have gone with this TV with positive results.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Home-Cinema-TV-Video/Sony-KD55XD8005-Android-Freeview-PlayStation/B01IF52BE4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1486231203&sr=8-5&keywords=X800D

That TV looks great. Just got a PS4 Pro myself so really looking into getting a 4K TV.

We popped down to Currys today to have a look at these tvs. It wasn't an easy decision as there seemed to be a dozen or so interesting models. @Eddage, your model looked superb and definitely caught our eye. However, we decided against it in the end as it was a lot of money for us to part with!

In the end, we went with @lostmario's choice: the Sony Bravia. It seemed to tick all the right boxes for us whilst still retaining that wow factor. Price definitely came into it and it just felt a bit more of a wiser purchase for us than the Samsung. The 49inch black mode is the one we bought. The only concerning thing for us is if it'll take up too much space in our living room/tv unit area. Should be fine. The 55inch model looked amazing in the store but would have been a bit too overpowering for the size of our room, I feel.

I'm sure/hope we'll be happy with it. We'll post some pictures up when it gets here!

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Nice! I don't think it'll be that much overpowering. It's 9 more inches than your 40 which from the pictures seems a good size.

Quite looking forward to getting our new tv!

We had a lot of Amazon vouchers as well (about £115 worth!), which helped with this purchase... and then today we got our deposit back from our rented flat (which we weren't sure if we would), so we're basically not paying for this tv at all! :D

Can't wait to get rid of the poverty tv I've been using. :P

Im going for a new one in about a year [or when the current one dies].

Just hope i can still find one with a SCART option.

Received the dispatch notice from Amazon. Should be here on Friday!

I felt like a massive neeeeeeeeeeerd in work today when someone asked what I was getting @Eenuh for her birthday.

"A tv...so we can game separately...but together."

No.Fucks.Given.

I can't decide which model to get, 49" or 55". That £170 I'd save going for the 49" would go towards a PS4 Pro but 55" is HUGE!

Let me know what you think of it. I'll have to quit the forums if you hate it.

I can't decide which model to get, 49" or 55". That £170 I'd save going for the 49" would go towards a PS4 Pro but 55" is HUGE!

It looked great in the store. I'll be surprised if we hate it when it gets here.

It really depends on the size of your room when it comes to which size you buy. I can imagine the 55" looking overpowering if your living space isn't particularly big. Will post pictures when it gets here!

Go for the 55", skip the Pro and wait for the PS5 instead. The PS5 will look so good on dat extra 6 inches.

I have a 48" in a living room of so-so size. I'd say 55" could work for sure.

POVm5wG.jpg

That's my 65" from the far end of my couch. Also note the original 150 Pokemon comforter I use:hehe:. I'm probably sitting 3-4 meters back or so. I'd call 2.5/3 about the minimum. At that point it just fills your view and cuts out the rest.

It has arrived!

IMG_20170208_201624440.jpg

The picture isn't the best. Partly down to the lighting in the room and partly down to the PS4 theme (The Last Guardian) that @Eenuh is using.

We love it. It's not too big for it to be intrusive. But it's big enough to be impressive-looking. :D

Definitely think the 55" would have been ridiculous. It would've taken up way too much space on our unit. The 49" compliments the Samsung 40" quite nicely!

Overall, we're pretty happy, so far. Ine is playing Dark Souls III and I'm watching the Leicester-Derby game. :D

I have this TV. :)

I bought it in March last year when we bought our house as we needed something bigger than my 32" that I had in my bedroom.

Went with 4K for the futureproofing!

Made up with it.

Great picture quality.

I looked at Samsung's but hated how oversaturated everything looked, even though you can change it.

My previous TV was a Sony so this seemed like the logical upgrade. Very pleased even now.

I have this TV. :)

I bought it in March last year when we bought our house as we needed something bigger than my 32" that I had in my bedroom.

Went with 4K for the futureproofing!

Made up with it.

Great picture quality.

I looked at Samsung's but hated how oversaturated everything looked, even though you can change it.

My previous TV was a Sony so this seemed like the logical upgrade. Very pleased even now.

What size did you go for?

The picture quality is fantastic, imo. I'm impressed. Dark Souls III looks spectacular!

What size did you go for?

The picture quality is fantastic, imo. I'm impressed. Dark Souls III looks spectacular!

Went with 43. :hehe:

It sits in the corner quite nicely - not too big although I would have gone 49, but BF was the voice of reason in the price difference. "We can get loads of other stuff with that money" etc. He was right, but it still hurts... :angry: Haha.

Some .jpegs below of it in it's glory.

It looks TINY in these pics might I add, but it really is not the case when sitting in the room. If I had have gone bigger, it would have gone over the sides of the TV cabinet, which would not have sat well with OCD thinking on it now. :woops:

Ratchet and Clank was the one for me. Loading that up on it I was all WHUT. :love:

722FF607-8BEF-4B2B-B645-38551979D2ED_zpsyjcpeykf.jpg

5D2CCB68-9347-4630-9C65-8666AB14C619_zpsurp8r7fl.jpg

That size looks perfect for that room. You'd have to get a whole new tv unit or rearrange the room to fit the bigger size.

I love that unit you have on the left. :love: