NEurope
Ronnie

Indie Games

Wow, this game still exists?

Hasn't it been in development for 3 years now?

Looks good, but it's basically Super Meat Boy 2. ::shrug:

I'm looking forward to The Legend of Bum-Bo much more.

Looks good, but it's basically Super Meat Boy 2. ::shrug:

I'm looking forward to The Legend of Bum-Bo much more.

That's basically what I thought., but I didn't see the trailer posted here, so I posted it.

Oceanhorn released later this month, and Axiom Verge finally coming to Switch in September as well!

Too bad they're price gouging on the physical version for Switch...

Will probably nab it digitally though. Great game, would love to have it on the go and at home :)

Ah cool, I'll probably make an exception, and double dip for Axiom Verge. Bit shitty about that price. Then again, the soundtrack is included by default. I love the soundtrack so that's a nice addition.

Oceanhorn released later this month, and Axiom Verge finally coming to Switch in September as well!

Oceanhorn is a great little Zelda ripoff. A few of us on here played through it on the PS4 when it was first released.

Axiom Verge finally hitting the Switch is great news. Not happy about the Switch Tax though. All the other console physical versions are £10 cheaper. :nono:

large.jpg

Azure Striker Gunvolt and its sequel were standout releases on the 3DS eShop, bringing a fresh and unique take on the tried and true run ‘n’ gun gameplay of Mega Man, while also introducing a fascinating narrative and world around the action. It had been previously announced that the two of these games would be bundled in the Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack for the Nintendo Switch eShop, but Inti Creates just announced that the game will be available in cartridge form, too.

The digital release is still taking place next Thursday, so there’s no delay there, but the physical release has been announced for some time this fall. It’ll be published by Nighthawk Interactive and will be releasing in both North America and Europe, so nobody’s getting excluded here. And, as a nice plus, there’s no “Switch Tax” here; the cart will cost the same as the digital version. 

Fantastic! I'll just hold off and wait for the boxed version.

A bunch of other indie games were announced/shown during this stream.

Can't wait for Picontier. I loved Kamiko and the Fairune games, so this will be a day 1 purchase for me.

With regards to Stardew Valley, it's been submitted for testing, what does this mean with regards to release? Can we glean when it may come out?

7 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Am I being crazy or is there no switch logo?

Yeah, there's no logo. The trailer I used is from 2016 as there isn't a newer one up yet.

Opus looks so relaxing.. Apparently it's a old game (what else is new :p), but Steam reviews are positive.. I'll keep an eye out for that one.

Nicalis are teasing more Switch games. 1001 Spikes, VVVVVVV and Code of Princess are among those that are pixelated.

DI79n-zUEAEzA-D.jpg

• Like 3

May get VVVVVV for support. Own it on Steam, but I recall this game being gifted to me, so I never actually payed for it. Don't own a 3DS, so may get Code of princess. Never heard of Mr Tako before, but it looks awesome!

10 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

May get VVVVVV for support. Own it on Steam, but I recall this game being gifted to me, so I never actually payed for it. Don't own a 3DS, so may get Code of princess. Never heard of Mr Tako before, but it looks awesome!

Code of Princess is a great game. I really enjoyed it. I think @Grazza enjoyed it, too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Code of Princess is a great game. I really enjoyed it. I think @Grazza enjoyed it, too.

Just looked at that Blade strangers which could be seen in the Nindies sizzler, and Solange is actually a playable character.

1 minute ago, Sméagol said:

Just looked at that Blade strangers which could be seen in the Nindies sizzler, and Solange is actually a playable character.

Yup.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

To an extent, yeah, definitely.  I paid too much for it (£24.99) and I thought it would have benefited from better hardware, but stylistically and in terms of genre, it's very much my cup of tea.

I'm Intrigued by Blade Strangers too... keeping an eye on how that turns out.

EDIT - Wait a minute, I'm being a bit slow here.  Code Of Princess is getting a Switch release?  Excellent - that might be exactly what it needs.  I thought the 2D sprites needed to be much higher-res, and the action needed faster hardware too.  Good stuff!

Edited by Grazza

Here's a quick update from the Hollow knight developers.

So many of you are eager for Switch news, and we want so badly to drop that release date, but we can’t do it quite yet!

As agonising as that is, we can say that things are pulling together (frame-rate is getting the thumbs up!), but there’re still a few more hurdles to clear before we can give you a release date that we're 100% confident we'll hit.

As stretched we are across everything at once (Content Packs + Backer Rewards + Porting + Support = Intense!), we really appreciate all the excitement for the Switch version. We just want to ensure it's as great as it can be when it lands in your hands.

And of course, The Grimm Troupe will be included in Hollow Knight’s Switch version at launch. Cheers for being patient with us and keeping up the energy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy to see they're taking their time to get it right. There's plenty to play in the meantime, Steamworld Dig 2 and Golf Story in the next couple of weeks for instance.