NEurope
Ronnie

Indie Games

Twelve Minutes is releasing on Switch and PS consoles on December 7th. 

What's the consensus on it? I was interested in playing it after the first trailer, and Annapurna have a great track record, but the fan reception when it came out on Xbox & PC was pretty poor. Anyone here played it? 

3 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Twelve Minutes is releasing on Switch and PS consoles on December 7th. 

What's the consensus on it? I was interested in playing it after the first trailer, and Annapurna have a great track record, but the fan reception when it came out on Xbox & PC was pretty poor. Anyone here played it? 

I bought it on steam, and regretted it. Seemed like it would be totally up my alley, but I didn like it at all. I didn't like the voice acting, they should have gone with actual voice actors, or maybe it was the directing, I don 't know. Willem Dafoe was the only one convincing. There was some odd behaviour occasionally, which was very annoying, making things unpredictable. I can't really remember details, but there was one instance where the cop comes looking for you, where ever you are. Sometimes things play out differently from the previous iteration, without any good reason, artificially increasing the game length. To top it off, the story is so ridiculously convoluted, you think it's about a home invasion.. It's not. Some ridiculous twists there, which is why I haven't bothered finishing the game.

• Thanks 1

We've got a confirmed release date for Aztech Forgotten Gods, it's coming to Switch on March 10th. 

I really loved Lienzo's last game Mulaka so I'm excited to see how this turns out!

Cult of the Lamb is coming to Switch...uh...soon, but hey that's exciting and the trailer is fun:

Cult of the Lamb is coming soon to Nintendo Switch!

Cult of the Lamb casts players in the role of a possessed lamb saved from annihilation by an ominous stranger and must repay their debt by building a loyal following in his name.

Start your own cult in a land of false prophets, venturing out into diverse and mysterious regions to build a loyal community of woodland worshippers and spread your Word to become the one true cult.

• Weird 1

The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe is coming to Switch (and Steam, PS4/PS5, XBO and Xbox Series X|S) on 27th April 2022. 

This was announced at The Game Awards...in 2018, right? Damn, it's been a while. Seems like it's delay from 2019 resulted in it getting hit hard by COVID. 

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 3

That's a long time since announcement... Was Stanley hiding in the broom closet the entire time?

Edited by Jonnas
  • Haha 3

Holy shit!! It's actually coming out!!! I can't believe it!!

I'm legit super hyped for this one! :D

That release date is so perfect!

Day 1 for that. Stanley Parable is an absolute hilarious gem!

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in that trailer. 

But yeah, very fitting release date. 

Spoiler

The one thing that has been on my mind since that trailer is that you see a brief image of the whiteboard ending, a rare occurrence where you start the game and find yourself in the wrong place. If you opened a certain door, you found a whiteboard that said "Whiteboard Ending" and a bunch of random plot twists that never occur in the game. Kinda like one of those brainstorming sessions you see in businesses.

It's not really an ending, just a random throwaway thing to confuse you.

But that trailer, it's barely visible, but you can see that the whiteboard is falling forward.

I'm going mad wondering what's behind it!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As we already know (no-one forgot, and totally not me :p), Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is coming to Switch and Steam on 18th August. 

What we didn't know was that it's also destined to land on PlayStation and Xbox "shortly after":

• Thanks 1

One of the highlights of Gamescom's ONL: Thank Goodness You're Here!

This comedy slapformer unfolds over time as the players' exploration and antics leave their mark on the strange town of Barnsworth. With each completed odd job, new areas of the town open up, stranger and stranger tasks become available, and the clock ticks towards our salesman's big meeting.

What a delightful time this looks! 

Coming to Switch, PS5, and PC.