NEurope
Ronnie

Indie Games

So...Little Nightmares II is getting mostly positive reviews. Anyone picking it up tomorrow?

Maybe I should, but I have barely played the first because it was so technically underwhelming. Loving the vibe (again)  though.

Not sure if I'm going to pick it up on Switch or PS4, I played the demo on Switch and it does seem to run pretty well but it is a big blurry at times - I could forgive it with Unravel Two but the aesthetic is so important to this so I'm in two minds about whether to risk a bit of blurriness and play it on Switch or go for the higher fidelity version

Narita Boy is releasing across all platforms on March 30th:

If there's not a solid techno/electronic soundtrack to go with the game then I'll be massively disappointed as stylistically it looks fantastic.

• Like 2

Don't know if its been posted previously but came across this indie game called Cosy Grove courtesy of Twitter and turns out it'll be releasing on April 8th on PS4, Xbox One and PC and its also set for release on Switch as well, possibly releasing on the same day but don't see anything concrete there.

Still, one to keep on the radar as it looks lovely. Really like the art style and seems to be another of those chilled, laidback experiences like Animal Crossing with a bit more narrative.

Sky: Children of the Light from thatgamecompany (Journey) is coming to the Switch in June. 

I know that it's been announced for Switch before, but seems a bit strange to me that this update wasn't part of the Indie World Showcase. 

Super Animal Royale is coming soon to Switch (and PlayStation, and Xbox), and has to have one of the funniest turns in a trailer I've seen for a while :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Easily one of my favourite indie developers. Gunvolt, Bloodstained, Gal*Gunvolt and Blaster Master Zero are all top tier games. I still need to pick up the MM Zero collection and give that a play through.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 2

I have other spending priorities right now, but the game's on my wishlist, and I kind of want it.

Edit:

Oh and crap, this as well.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

So, it seems that the "Paper Mario" feel and aesthetic is popular enough to form its own community of developers: the Paperverse. And they had a Direct to promote their upcoming work.

Now granted, some of them look more inspired by other Nintendo RPGs... But feel free to check the Direct to see if any of these Paperverse Indies strike your fancy.

• Like 1

Nice long look at Garden Story, looks great!

Cosiest game of 2021 for sure.

13 hours ago, Julius said:

Sky: Children of the Light coming to Switch June 29th! 

E3iwjwrVUAAscsM?format=jpg&name=large

Anyone play it on other consoles? If so, how does it compare to Journey?

Greak - August 17th!

Looks like Hollow Knight meets Trine. Really looking forward to learning more about this.

Edited by MindFreak

I love how the physical cover looks. It's perfect. It's just Monika.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

I love how the physical cover looks. It's perfect. It's just Monika.

Looked after reading your post. You're right! It's absolutely perfect. Definitely designed for people who have already played it.

• Thanks 1

Question - if Silksong were to make an appearance this E3, when would we see it?

13 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

Question - if Silksong were to make an appearance this E3, when would we see it?

Probably the Nintendo Direct but the devs already said Silksong won't be at E3 :cry:

• Sad 1

An update on Sports Story from Sidebar Games:

Good reason to stretch development time! 

• Thanks 1