NEurope
Ronnie

Indie Games

That really is impressive for a near on 8 year old game to sell that well but then Super Meat Boy is a fantastic game.

I know it's not up for download on the Switch yet but with it coming day and date with the other versions thought I'd say about Fe is that on the PS4, it's saying that there are optional in game purchases with the game. As to what these are, it's not said but it could be cosmetic DLC or otherwise so whether this impacts your decision to pick up, thought I'd let it be known.

Finished SteamWorld Dig 2 the other day and really enjoyed it, though I thought the ending fell flat a bit. Does getting all the secrets add anything there as I only had about 50% and I'm still plugging away at it to collect them so want to know if it's worthwhile.

Oh and Cat Quest is amazing. Great little action RPG which lends itself really well to pick up and play. That's taking up a lot of my time at the moment and really enjoying the whole experience, especially some of the puns.

2 hours ago, Ganepark32 said:

Finished SteamWorld Dig 2 the other day and really enjoyed it, though I thought the ending fell flat a bit. Does getting all the secrets add anything there as I only had about 50% and I'm still plugging away at it to collect them so want to know if it's worthwhile.

It opens up another cave, with the toughest challenges in the game. Some aren't that hard, but others ask you to do things you never have to do during the rest of the game (speedrun stuff), and you have to do all of them in one go. I haven't beaten that cave yet, and haven't touched the game in a while.  One day I'll try to finish it 100%. I believe completing it also gives you another ending, but I could be wrong.

Dead Cells - a Roguelike, Metroidvania action-platformer - is coming to the Switch later this year. 

That seems interesting. It has a 10/10 rating on Steam. Will definitely keep an eye out for it.

I'd completely forgotten about Dead Cells so when I saw the trailer drop, I was very happy as it was something I was itching to try out but it slipped my mind and fell behind other PC purchases like Hollow Knight last year so will be picking this up for sure on release as it looks fantastic. Hopefully it's not too far out though.

The indie horror game Bendy and the Ink Machine is coming to the Switch later this year. 

Quick update from the guys who are making Hollow Knight.

We’re not quite at that release date announce (getting there!), but we do want to share a quick something: Switch Gameplay!

We don’t normally do the whole camera-over-the-shoulder style video, but HK feels designed for that handheld experience. We’re now hitting our frame-rate targets (Gotta go 60!), load targets and cleaning up lots of little niggling bits alongside some serious testing.

That’s a short update, for a huge release, but please expect more from us soon!

• Like 3

Happy to see Hollow Knight coming along well on the Switch. Hoping they hit 60fps for the final release as there are some boss battles where you really don't want to see that frame rate dipping. From that footage it looks to be running smoothly. Probably going to end up being better optimised for the Switch than it is for PC. Either way, it's a game I'll happily double dip for because it's such a fantastic game, one of my favourite from last year and I can't wait to see and hear more people getting a chance to play it. Fingers crossed they can get a release date for the first half of this year, May or June perhaps as that would be perfect for those going away over the summer and taking their Switch with them as it's a game that'll work well for pick up and play gaming.

My earlier post about Fe having optional in-game purchases turns out to have been a mistake on Sony's part as the devs have come out saying that the game won't have any of these so that's good. Was watching some gameplay of it last night and it looks so good. Really like the aesthetic and the soundtrack and it just looks like it'll be a nice chilled out game but with enough depth for those looking for secrets and such. A nice spin on the metroidvania style of gameplay from what I've watched so I can't wait to get stuck in. Still trying to figure out whether to pick it up for the Switch or for elsewhere as there's a lot of good looking indie games coming out one the same week as Fe so trying to figure out where to play them all (Well, Crossing Souls is only on PC or PS4 so far so that's a given for the latter platform but Owlboy and Fe I'm not too sure yet whether I'd prefer the portability of those).

• Like 1

On 31/01/2018 at 9:26 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Quick update from the guys who are making Hollow Knight.

A red L joy con and a blue R one? Do they do them that way round?

1 hour ago, Dog-amoto said:

A red L joy con and a blue R one? Do they do them that way round?

I think they sell paired Joy-Cons in that colour configuration?

EDIT:

71UtjHT65EL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

Has anyone played The Flame in the Flood? Is it worth the 15 euros?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

I wanted to get NBA 2k18 and just as I got paid they've the sale expired, so I got Earth Wars and I have to say, I am very surprised by this game. For 4 euros it's excellent.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ended up deciding I want to grab Owlboy on the Switch so put a pre-order down for it, as well as picking up both Wulverblade and Golf Story as they were on sale, but came across this little game in the Coming Soon section of the eshop and it's tickled my fancy so stuck a pre-order down for it as well after seeing reviews were pretty decent for it.

Looks like a nice laid back, narrative focused game which'll be right up my street with moving in the next couple of weeks and not really having much time for heavy gaming. Looks like it'll be light on the gameplay but looks to me like it could be along the same lines as Burly Men At Sea, which I thought was a nice interlude between bigger games. Looking forward to it anyway when it releases on the 20th of February.

Edit: also just picked up Blaster Master Zero. Hearing that music brings back so many memories so can't wait to get stuck in. Now if only they'd bring back Turrican then I'd be seriously chuffed. I'd also ask for Bonk to come back but that didn't go so well on the Wii...

Edited by Ganepark32
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ganepark32 said:

Ended up deciding I want to grab Owlboy on the Switch so put a pre-order down for it, as well as picking up both Wulverblade and Golf Story as they were on sale, but came across this little game in the Coming Soon section of the eshop and it's tickled my fancy so stuck a pre-order down for it as well after seeing reviews were pretty decent for it.

Couldn't wait until March?

Mulaka launches on Nintendo Switch on March 1st, with a file size of 3.8GB, costing £15.99.

It also has a pretty good-looking icon.

7 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

It also has a pretty good-looking icon.

But, the name of the game sounds like a curse word.  He's a right f@#$ing Mulaka.

• Haha 2

Glad that Mulaka has such a great icon, I'm really looking forward to it. People on here were trashing on it after the last Nindies direct but I have a real soft spot for games that showcase under represented cultures. 

Edited by killthenet

Enjoying Owlboy. Thought the controls were a bit fiddly at first but mostly used to them now. But why, oh why is there no map???

Is Owlboy a Metroidvania/platformer kind of game? I haven't really seen much of it