NEurope
Ronnie

Indie Games

21 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

Yes I'm yet to getting Mantua racing

I bought it tonight. Let’s get some games going.  Now get worms!

14 hours ago, dazzybee said:

I bought it tonight. Let’s get some games going.  Now get worms!

I've got the racing game. Looks like I need Splatoon 2 as when I logged on last night you were all playing that.

So many bloody games coming out at the moment!

Yeah December is going to be exactly the same as November: a never-ending stream of games.

• Like 2

WIll pick up Mantis when it’s £10 and Worms when it’s £10-15. Willing to wait and think they are a bout £5 too much at the moment. ‘Annoyingly’ WORMS was PS+ free game this month which made me more inclined to miss the Switch version for now. Really tempted by mantis but it could do with more backdrops.

would love a good racer outside of Mario Kart on Switch but won’t pay £40 for Gear.Club or the £32 for Snow Moto/Aqua Moto which are £15 games at best. 

Celeste got announced as being released in January earlier.

It's from the guys that did TowerFall and looks like a fun and challenging platformer.

Can't wait for this, looks great

Explore a sprawling mountain with over 600 levels bursting with secrets, across 8 unique chapters. Unlock a hardcore B-Sides for each chapter, with completely new levels that will push your climbing skills to the limit.

Madeline can air-dash and climb any surface to gain ground. Controls are simple and accessible, but super tight and expressive with layers of depth to master. Deaths are sudden and respawns are fast. You’ll die a lot, but you’ll learn something every time.

Meet peculiar characters and climb through a character-driven story of confronting your self-doubt to find yourself, set in the present-day Pacific Northwest. Uncover the mystery of the mountain’s power and outrun your reflection on your journey to reach the top.

Edited by Ronnie

10 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Gungeon arrives this month.

Been waiting for this for a long time.  Looks like a quality twin stick shooter, and co-op to boot.

May get it just for the artwork, though it may be a relaxing puzzlegame as well.

• Like 1

I remember reading about that in Edge recently.  The sheer amount of work put into the art is amazing.

I think I saw the same trailer on another platform at E3, it looks great but I don't think I'm smart enough to figure out the puzzles.

I know that guy is meant to be amazing, but what an awful review.... anyways. Game looks amazing and I love puzzle game so IN!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

This review literally tells me nothing about the game itself.  I haven't the faintest clue about how the game plays just from reading it :laughing:

There's one throwaway sentence that sort of vaguely explains the game concept, but makes no attempt to explain anything about what the gameplay is actually like or how it sustains itself (or does not) throughout.  I don't know anything about whether or not it is fun to play, or even tolerable.  It just reads like someone looked at a few screenshots or a trailer, loved the art style and wanked on about it because they didn't bother playing the actual game.

D-, please review the game and not the art style.

That being said, the game concept does look pretty neat though (from watching the trailer, not from reading the Eurogamer review, that was just useless :p)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

This review literally tells me nothing about the game itself.  I haven't the faintest clue about how the game plays just from reading it :laughing:

There's one throwaway sentence that sort of vaguely explains the game concept, but makes no attempt to explain anything about what the gameplay is actually like or how it sustains itself (or does not) throughout.  I don't know anything about whether or not it is fun to play, or even tolerable.  It just reads like someone looked at a few screenshots or a trailer, loved the art style and wanked on about it because they didn't bother playing the actual game.

D-, please review the game and not the art style.

That's how you review a game these days. You look at the box art and a few screenshots, read impressions from other people, watch the ending on YouTube and then create something that looks like a review. :D 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That's how you review a game these days. You look at the box art and a few screenshots, read impressions from other people, watch the ending on YouTube and then create something that looks like a review. :D 

Not gonna lie... Back when I was a wee lad, writing for my college newsletter (I used to review movies/plays every so often), I actually used to do that for the films/shows that I wasn't particularly interested in :laughing:

Of course I'd never do that now... maybe... (Nah, I actually do like most of the games I review to some extent :hehe:)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dcubed said:

Not gonna lie... Back when I was a wee lad, writing for my college newsletter (I used to review movies/plays every so often), I actually used to do that for the films/shows that I wasn't particularly interested in :laughing:

Of course I'd never do that now... maybe... (Nah, I actually do like most of the games I review to some extent :hehe:)

I knew you didn't play some of the games you reviewed! Its the only thing that explains your Star Fox Zero score. :p 

• Haha 1

Sorry...I didn't read the review. Just thought I'd let you guys know what Eurogamer thinks of the game :p

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Sorry...I didn't read the review. Just thought I'd let you guys know what Eurogamer thinks of the game :p

And look at what you've started! ;) :laughing:

2 hours ago, markderoos said:

Must buy for me! When does it launch?

Thursday

• Like 1