NEurope
Ronnie

Indie Games

Coooool.

I hate to go all "crusading Reddit gamer" though but two and a half years after Specter of Torment, King of Clubs better be a fucking amazing standalone.

• Haha 1

content-4-35947-yachtclubgamespresentationbanner.jpg

Up on the main page.

You can of course expect a full roundup article on the main page soon after the presentation has aired. :D

I'll be looking forward to this one as I'm hoping to finally get that boxed copy of Shovel Knight on the Switch. :peace:

Of course I'll be double-dipping on this one because this came out early on in the Switch's life so it would have been hard to guess when that boxed copy would be released.

Edited by S.C.G

Just watched the Yacht Club Presentation and I'm really impressed with everything they showed. Didn't think I'd be bothered about Showdown but it looks absolutely insane. Is there a better value package than Shovel Knight? I don't know how much I paid for it when it originally launched on Switch but it can't have cost much more than £10 - at most - and I've it was worth it for the first game alone. When you throw in another three platform games that stand toe to toe with the original, Showdown and all the other content it really boggles the mind. Granted Yacht Club have spent 5+ years developing it all but it's s superb achievement. 

I do hope they are only consulting on Dig though as I would love to see them tackle something else.

• Thanks 1

content-4-35952-yachtclubgamespresentation28082019banner.jpg

Yacht Club Games Presents 28-08-2019 Roundup

It looks like there will be a series of Yacht Club Games Presents videos shown in the run up to December 2019.

Why up until December 2019 you ask? Well, because that's the release date for everything...

...Or at least Shovel Knight: King of Cards, the amiibo and the physical Switch release. :D

Check the article for a heck of a lot more information and reveals.

Time to dig deep! :cool:

• Thanks 1

"We've been working on Dig for a about a year and there's a fair way to go" - joy, looking forward to playing this (bizarelly shameless) rip off of Steamworld Dig in 2024. You'd think if they were going to rip off Nintendo's style of Direct they could also rip off their preference for shorter reveal > release windows.

King of Cards looks ok, seems like mostly the same stages again, just remixed as usual. Was hoping for a stealth drop or a release in the next couple of weeks, but no, still four months away in December.

2 hours ago, killthenet said:

Just watched the Yacht Club Presentation and I'm really impressed with everything they showed. Didn't think I'd be bothered about Showdown but it looks absolutely insane. Is there a better value package than Shovel Knight? I don't know how much I paid for it when it originally launched on Switch but it can't have cost much more than £10 - at most - and I've it was worth it for the first game alone. When you throw in another three platform games that stand toe to toe with the original, Showdown and all the other content it really boggles the mind. Granted Yacht Club have spent 5+ years developing it all but it's s superb achievement. 

I do hope they are only consulting on Dig though as I would love to see them tackle something else.

Shovel Knight coat me £17.99 (or thereabouts) when I bought it on Switch.. and that was on sale.

I still regret it :hmm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

SK Dig looks really good! Bomb Chicken was pretty great, so it looks like the SK IP is in good hands with Nitrome :) 

Can't wait for Showdown though! That looks nuts! Brings back fond memories of Four Swords Adventures' Shadow Battle mode! :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll most likely get the new physical release. Shovel Knight Dig.. makes me wonder why there didn't make a Steamworld Dig crossover. Everything looks good though.

Edited by Sméagol

Also, and I'll probably get this shit for this but that whole SJW virtue signalling bit was cringe-worthy. Wish they could get this tedious and delusional gender politics out of the game, or at least their presentation. Just smacked of "Hey ResetEra, look at us!! you can all talk about how amazing we are now"

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 2

Heave Ho (released today, 10% off at £8.09) is a great game to play couch multiplayer. An absolute scream. Me and the missus have been in hysterics playing it :D

• Like 1

If September wasn't already stacked enough, one of the best indie games ever released finally arrives on Switch next month.

I've got so many good memories playing this on the 360 via Xbox Live with my friends. Fantastic game.:heart:

Another game to add to the September deluge. Overland is releasing on September 19th.

That date is for PC, Switch, PS4 and Xbox One.

• Like 1

content-4-35957-castlecrashersswitchbanner.jpg

On the front page. :D

Castle Crashers Remastered coming out on the Switch eShop on September 17th 2019

I can't wait to see that deer at the start of the forest stage again, yep... immature maybe but it was amusing at the time. :grin:

Edited by S.C.G

Throw another one on the pile! Untitled Goose Game launches September 20th.

It's like nobody wants to miss out on the fun of packing the release schedule

• Thanks 2

Here's the trailer for it:

Damn, Sept. 20th is going to be an expensive day for me. Switch Lite, Link's Awakening, Ni No Kuni and a handful of eshop games, this included as the missus will love it. Developers really do need to spread out their releases a bit more because it really is jam packed in September and it's not going to work out well for everyone.

• Like 1

I still have no idea what's going on in the game or what you need to do... but it looks so awesome. I think my son (2 yrs old) will enjoy watching me play this. 

But seriously, September is insane... Ni no Kuni, Untitled Goose Game, Link's Awakening, Ori... 

And then other games like Spyro, Daemon X Machina and Castle Crashers followed by Witcher III and LM3 in October. What are they thinking??

Edited by MindFreak

content-4-35964-greakmemoriesofazurbanner.jpg

Greak: Memories of Azur  is coming to the Switch in 2020.

Check the article for the trailer if you haven't seen it already. :D

On 30/08/2019 at 6:50 PM, Ganepark32 said:

Here's the trailer for it:

Damn, Sept. 20th is going to be an expensive day for me. Switch Lite, Link's Awakening, Ni No Kuni and a handful of eshop games, this included as the missus will love it. Developers really do need to spread out their releases a bit more because it really is jam packed in September and it's not going to work out well for everyone.

Day 1. Links Awakening can wait.

• Like 1

As if September wasn't busy enough, Chapter 9 - Farewell, the final and free final chapter for Celeste, is releasing next week on September 9th.

I loved the game and went back to it a few times over the year last year to try get all the collectibles without using any of the assists but I couldn't. I'm still very interested in seeing this new chapter, which will have 40 minutes of new music creates especially for it.

• Thanks 1

content-4-35969-superjumpyballbanner.jpg

Super Jumpy Ball  is out now on the Nintendo eShop.

It's like Super Meat Boy... but with balls. :p

content-4-35970-distraintdeluxeeditionbanner.jpg

Distraint Deluxe Edition  is coming to the Switch eShop on September 13th 2019 for around £5.99

Psychological Horror with elephant element to it, if the banner is anything to go by.

content-4-35971-spirithunterngbanner.jpg

Spirit Hunter: NG launches on the eShop on October 10th 2019

Looks interesting but I'll probably stick to hunting monsters.

content-4-35975-celestedlcdatedbanner.jpg

Celeste Chapter 9 launches on September 9th 2019

Finally! That means I'll get my physical copy and I'll get to play the game soon. :D

Check the articles for details and/or trailers where applicable. :peace:

Untitled Goose Game is apparently up on the Coming Soon section on the Switch eshop, though you can't pre-order, with a price tag of €19.99 or £18 (coming from a post on Era). The devs have put out a tweet saying that the discount that was mentioned in the release date announcement will be applicable to all regions and will be there on launch day. Not sure how long it'll last but going by the reported launch discount that the US will see, is suspect the price to go to €14.99 and ~£14 respectively over here.

Also getting a physical release from Limited Run.

I.. actually have this game on Steam but never played it. Prehaps it's time haha (well, with all the games.. No it isn't).

content-4-35985-soulknightbanner.jpg

Soul Knight is coming to the Switch eShop on September 19th priced at £11.99

content-4-35986-pushyandpullyinblocklandbanner.jpg

Pushy and Pully in Blockland is coming to the Nintendo Switch in Q1 2020.

Check the articles for information and trailers. :D