NEurope
Ronnie

Indie Games

Started playing Moonlighter last night, it's a lot of fun! Lovely visuals too. Nice gameplay loop though the inventory management is a bit annoying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Started playing Moonlighter last night, it's a lot of fun! Lovely visuals too. Nice gameplay loop though the inventory management is a bit annoying.

Would you say that it's worth £20 for the physical version? I've just seen that it's on sale for under £14 digital but £20 boxed sounds like a good deal for a decent Indie game. :smile:

How much like Zelda are the dungeons really? Completely or perhaps similar to other games? I've been potentially interested in this one for a while. :D

7 hours ago, S.C.G said:

content-4-35878-inflictionbanner.jpg

Infliction is coming soon to the Nintendo eShop and will be priced at £15.99

It's a Psychological Horror title which could turn out to be rather good and it would be nice to see this do well on Switch.

content-4-35879-zombiedriverimmortaleditionbanner.jpg

Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition is out now on the Nintendo eShop priced at £13.49 or £12.14 with 10% discount until August 8th

This looks like an interesting take on the top-down driving/racing genre plus is has guns, explosions and zombies, so... a winner potentially?

From the image, I might as well have just called it Crazy Taxi: Apocalypse Edition... hmm, now I kind of want that instead.

content-4-35880-standbybanner.jpg

Standby is available from August 1st on the Nintendo eShop priced at £4.49 or £3.81 with 15% off for pre-ordering

It certainly looks like an interesting platformer, I know there's a lot of them on the Switch but this one looks pretty polished.

Check the articles for the details and trailers. :D

Quoting for the new page and... because I just checked the eShop and found that two of the games are even cheaper with sale/pre-order discounts, so I've updated the prices to reflact this. :peace:

Edited by S.C.G
Standby... for a clickable image!

8 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Quoting for the new page and... because I just checked the eShop and found that two of the games are even cheaper with sale/pre-order discounts, so I've updated the prices to reflact this. :peace:

No clickable image for the 3rd one. That one looks like it could be ok, but I don't need a indie platformer right now.

That zombie driver looks bad and sounds even worse. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Would you say that it's worth £20 for the physical version? I've just seen that it's on sale for under £14 digital but £20 boxed sounds like a good deal for a decent Indie game. :smile:

How much like Zelda are the dungeons really? Completely or perhaps similar to other games? I've been potentially interested in this one for a while. :D

I'm quite early so it's hard to place a value on it but £20 seems fine, no more than that though, I'd guess.

There are 4 (5?) dungeons, you progress through them in order but they're randomly generated each time. Each have their own theme though. There are no puzzles (at least that I've seen so far). I've only just made it through 1 and a half floors out of 3 or 4 of the first one and it's taken me about 20 dungeon runs. You go in, collect loot, come out, sell, upgrade, go back in. Similar to Enter the Gungeon I guess except you're not starting from scratch each time but instead escaping before you get killed and lose your loot.

Structurally it's like LOZ on the NES, rooms that go up down left or right. Again, so far at least.

One thing that is a little annoying is the combat is more Dark Souls than Zelda to me. Very slow sword swipe animations so you really have to time and attack enemies carefully. Enemies are great so far though, almost all of them have some sort of twist.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Thanks 2

So Moonlighter is now free on the Epic games store, a nice game to see added!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s free on Game Pass too. Could have got it there but wanted it on Switch. 

• Thanks 1

So, Moonlighter is now free on two platforms? Yep... it's definitely time to get the physical version on Switch then! :D

Though now, I'm going to see if I can get it for significantly less than £20, if I can get a physical copy for the current digital sale price then that'll do nicely. :peace:

I picked Moonlighter up for £20 new in the end, the price was slightly lower for a short while but it has started creeping up again, so I thought it best to get a new copy while I can.

I'm about to head into either the last or before last dungeon in Moonlighter. I'm still enjoying it, but at the same time it's incredibly repetitive. The gameplay loot is copy and pasted for each one, and not in the Zelda kind of way where it's like "go here" "do something" "access dungeon" "find unique item" "use it to access boss", this is literally you're doing the exact same loot > sell > upgrade over and over.

It's a fun time but meh, I'm glad I got it on the eShop sale for £12. One of those digital games I'll play and soon forget about.

Lovely animations though

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

It's a fun time but meh, I'm glad I got it on the eShop sale for £12. One of those digital games I'll play and soon forget about.

Oh no, and I just dropped £20 on it. :hmm:

It's OK, I have a feeling that I will enjoy it as I do enjoy games with loot in them. :D

Not so much the modern kind like looter-shooters but what I mean is, I put thousands of hours into Phantasy Star Online years ago and I enjoyed that a lot. :smile:

So long as the gameplay is engaging then it should be fine, plus it sounds like the game is aesthetically pleasing at least, hopefully it'll prove worth playing for ten hours or so. :peace:

32 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Oh no, and I just dropped £20 on it. :hmm:

It's OK, I have a feeling that I will enjoy it as I do enjoy games with loot in them. :D

Not so much the modern kind like looter-shooters but what I mean is, I put thousands of hours into Phantasy Star Online years ago and I enjoyed that a lot. :smile:

So long as the gameplay is engaging then it should be fine, plus it sounds like the game is aesthetically pleasing at least, hopefully it'll prove worth playing for ten hours or so. :peace:

The gameplay in the dungeons is good, combat is fun and there's plenty of progression options so I'm sure you'll have a great time. I'm really enjoying it, just maybe not quite as much as I would have liked, but that's just me.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Thanks 1

Well erm let's see... Yep I need it. :p

That's very weird. I just finished the game over the weekend and I was honestly wondering if Limited Run would be picking the game up for a physical release. I may have to double dip and buy the physical release for the Switch. Absolutely amazing game. :bowdown:

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Never heard of it before. Watched a trailer and didn't really feel it. 

It's an amazing 8-10 hour Metroidvania game that pays homage to both SOTN and Super Metroid. 

• Thanks 1

Little Nightmares 2 has just been announced at Opening Night Live. Coming next year to Switch (as well as PS4, PC and Xbox One).

So happy to see that there will be a sequel for this. Loved the original game and the ending left open huge possibilities for where they could go and what they could do. So of course I'll be there when the game releases so looking forward to seeing more as we get through the rest of the year and into next.

Edited by Ganepark32
  • Thanks 2

Great news, the first one was fantastic. I'm a little surprised that they're doing a genuine sequel though, I thought they would just do something completely new.

I'll keep an eye out for it, but I didn't finish the first game on Switch, and I'm not sure I'm going to as it's a pretty shitty port (unless loading times were that awful on all versions). But I wasn't too sure about the gameplay itself from what I played. But I'll give it another chance later.

Ooh. Was that the Geisha lady on the tv at the end? Cracking game, loved the first one so happy about this. Looks to be co-op as well. 

Didn't think they'd do a 2nd one, but i'm all for it.  Loved the 1st game.

Haven't seen it mentioned yet but this indie game, called Decay of Logos, from Amplify Creations and Rising Star Games is coming to Switch on August 29th, next week (it's also hitting PS4, Xbox One and PC next week also).

There's obvious influence from Breath of the Wild in the design which will no doubt draw some snorts of derision but it looks like it could be an interesting indie sized action adventure game. I know it's up for pre-order on the Xbox One Store for £16.74 so it should fall into that price point or around it on Switch and other platforms. Perhaps one to keep an eye on.

Yeah I had my eye on it for while now, but that releasedate is terrible. I'm definitely not buying it before october, and probably even much later than that.

Edited by Sméagol