NEurope
Ronnie

Indie Games

37 minutes ago, Grazza said:

I apologise for not mentioning this while it was on sale, but I bought Sky Force Reloaded last week a few hours before the discount ended.  It is sublime.  Similar to Axelay, but by far the best game of its genre I've played.  Whereas most games of this type feel ridiculously hard, this is tough in a really good way, forcing you to get better at it.  And whilst I've quite enjoyed the Neo Geo games Alpha Mission 2 and Aero Fighters 2, there's little satisfaction in using unlimited credits (and as much as I'd love to 1-cred them, I couldn't).  Sky Force Reloaded's difficulty is tailor-made for console gamers.  The action is not just frantic; you soon realise you have to recognise enemy craft quickly and adapt your tactics to different types.  Playing it honestly feels like some sort of hypnotic therapy!

The only people I wouldn't recommend it to are those who hate grinding, as all your weapons can be upgraded many, many times (I see at least thirty increments for each so far) with stars you collect on the way.  Personally, I really love replaying every level, trying to master each one.  But it's an absolutely brilliant game and I want to pick up Sky Force Anniversary once I've got all the enjoyment I can get out of this.

@S.C.G, are you a fan of this one?

I could be... Sky Force Reloaded is another title I was hoping might get a physical release, it did for the PS4 version via Limited Run so I'm hopeful. :)

As a series, it looks to be rather enjoyable, I'm just waiting for the right moment to purchase and play the games. :D

content-4-35662-thiswarofminebanner.jpg

Another excellent indie title gets a complete edition on the Switch.

Expect a full N-E review soon.

Edited by S.C.G

Sundered: Eldritch Edition will cost $19.99 USD (likely around £15.99) when it comes to Switch and Xbox One on December 21st, and Thunder Lotus notes that existing PC and PS4 players will also gain access to the new features via a free update, which releases on the same day.

YES!

Held off on playing this after I'd heard about new content. Can't wait. :D 

All of you Switch people: Buy it! 

So the pig game is out tomorrow and there is a new trailer for it:

£14.99 on the eShop.

• Like 1

Ron Gilbert shares sales info

tp-sales.original.jpg

As you can see, the Switch version of the game is just leading the way in terms of sales, closely followed by Steam. Interestingly, Gilbert notes that in the last quarter, the Switch version did three times as well as the Steam version, and describes the Sony sales as "perplexing". It certainly is strange to see the console with the largest install base offer the lowest number of sales, particularly considering Europe is where Thimbleweed Park sales are apparently strongest

Full report

I finished Gris yesterday. Everyone should play this game! I'm in awe over the visuals, and more than once I had to stop and just take in what was going on at the screen.

And it's the perfect game to play after Smash. Truly a peaceful experience, with a story told through emotions and symbols. Might just be my game of the year this year.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

I finished Gris yesterday. Everyone should play this game! I'm in awe over the visuals, and more than once I had to stop and just take in what was going on at the screen.

And it's the perfect game to play after Smash. Truly a peaceful experience, with a story told through emotions and symbols. Might just be my game of the year this year.

Would you recommend it to someone who thought Journey was a waste of time..?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Weird 1

7 hours ago, nekunando said:

Would you recommend it to someone who thought Journey was a waste of time..?

Yes.

#OperationMakeNekunandoBuyLotsOfGamesHeWontLike

• Haha 8

Celeste is one of the Games with Gold for Xbox One this month. It hasn't even been on sale for Switch!

8 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Celeste is one of the Games with Gold for Xbox One this month. It hasn't even been on sale for Switch!

Oh I actually just bought it last night. @Limited Run.

It's on my wishlist. Will buy it during a sale most definitely and until then, I just rack up gold points to pay for it. Just because I'm unsure whether I'll actually enjoy it due to the difficulty

Celeste is hard but the main game is not *that* hard. Everything there is very doable with practice. There is also an assist mode in case you really do get too stuck.

I'm going to France tomorrow for 5 days, lots and lots of train journeys so I'm trying to figure out whether to play The Messenger or Moonlighter. I'll probably end up playing both, the Messenger certainly. Has anyone playing Moonlighter on Switch? I love the visuals but can anyone say how it looks on the Switch's screen? Seems like a lot of the UI would be pretty small.

My housemate is currently playing Gris and it's very pretty. Reminds me of a lot of independent animations I've seen at various festivals; gentle and dreamlike. 

• Like 1

A visual novel which has just been officially announced for Europe (though no exact date).

Will also have a physical release!

I actually like the artwork / waifus and the concept (a town myth about the dead coming back). So I'll likely make this my 2nd visual novel for Switch after Steins;Gate.

• Like 1

If last year is anything to go by, NoA will do a Nindies Showcase in the next month or two on the back of this. Personally find those more compelling, but will still be tuning in to this!