NEurope
Ronnie

Indie Games

I skipped through the video and there's not a lot there that really interests me. Shame, although good for my wallet. :D 

• Thanks 1

Can someone post the vid, can’t see it. :heh:

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I skipped through the video and there's not a lot there that really interests me. Shame, although good for my wallet. :D 

Yeah, not much of interest for me either.  Apart from Morphies Law, that looks hilarious! :laughing: 

HOLY FUCK!

NO FUCKING WAY!! :bouncy:

Original game comes out October 23rd too!!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 2

60ish.

Edit: Yeah that made me chuckle.

Anyway, to add: a few titles I'm interested in though not many new ones), but nothing that wows me (for an indie). The next Hollow Knight is not going to be in this batch.

I liked that noir point & click adventure, that puzzle game with the 2 guys on an island, and moonlighter of course, and a few others. 

Edit:

And Children of Morta, Monster Boy, and Baba is You. Maybe Morphies Law.

Edit:

And maybe Bad North. I like the style, but I suspect I may find it too simplistic in the actual strategy department.

Edited by Sméagol

Yep, Windjammers 2 was the highlight for me. :D

Everything else... good for others but not for me, but it's no big deal as this is just a small proportion of games available for the Switch. :peace:

Good point there @MindFreak Monster Boy did indeed look fantastic as well. :)

Edited by S.C.G

Monster Boy looks great - and the trailer there was awesome.

Here's the list:

Night Call - early 2019
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom - november 6th
The Gardens Between - September 20th
Streets of Rogue - winter 2018
Bad North - out now
Moonlighter - autumn 
This War of Mine - November
Children of Morta - early 2019
Everspace - December
Baba is you - autumnt
Slay the Spire - early 2019
Windjammers - October 23rd
Windjammers 2 - 2019
Terraria - 2019
Prisoner Architect Nintendo Switch Edition
Morphies Law - out at 7 PM CEST

Official PR:

In a new Indie Highlights video published today, Nintendo showcased a selection of independent games that are coming to Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch in the near future. Nintendo Switch owners looking to diversify their game collections have plenty to look forward to, including multiplayer shooters such as Morphies Law, platform adventures like Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, and brain-teasing puzzlers such as Baba Is You. The growing library of high-quality indie games on Nintendo Switch offers something for every taste and every budget.

You can watch the Indie Highlights – 20.08.2018 (Nintendo Switch) video and get further information via the Indie Highlights Hub on the official Nintendo website.

Here’s a rundown of the games featured in today’s Indie Highlights video:

• Morphies Law from Cosmoscope: We shoot to grow! We grow to win! Get ready for massively morphiplayer action in Morphies Law, a unique team-based shooter where your size affects your abilities, but bigger isn’t always better. Play 4-vs-4 online* multiplayer, and up to 8-person local multiplayer, with offline play versus bots. Create your own weapons and customise your morphie, with motion-controlled aiming as an option. Morphies Law promises an all-new shooting experience when it launches on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch tonight (20th August at 19:00 CEST).
  • Bad North from Raw Fury: The King has fallen at the hands of Viking invaders. You must rise to take his place and lead the defence of your homeland in this real-time tactics roguelite that will challenge you to pick your battles and plan your strategy carefully. With a charming visual style and gameplay that is accessible to newcomers but offers plenty of tactical depth, Bad North is available now as a timed exclusive on Nintendo Switch. The Viking invasion is here! Will you resist?
  • Prison Architect: Nintendo Switch Edition from Double Eleven/Introversion Software: The BAFTA award-winning prison construction and management game is available to download now on Nintendo Switch. Look after your inmates by building a secure lockup, taking care of their needs, keeping them safe and healthy, and helping rehabilitate them into productive members of society. But be careful, inmates are people; treat them poorly and you’ll find yourself with a riot on your hands. Prison Architect: Nintendo Switch Edition is a premium edition which includes two popular expansions: All Day And A Night and Psych Ward, letting you up the challenge with new wardens and maps, as well as a new security class – the criminally insane. The Escape Mode DLC, which flips the script and puts the player in the shoes of an inmate looking to break out, will be tunnelling its way onto Nintendo eShop later this summer.
  • The Gardens Between from The Voxel Agents: In this surreal and original adventure puzzle game, the aim is to guide two best friends through a series of mysterious garden islands. The twist is that you don’t control the characters – you control time itself! Manipulate cause and effect to solve brain-teasing conundrums and watch a dream-like narrative unfold, when The Gardens Between lands on Nintendo Switch on 20th September. It’s available to pre-order from Nintendo eShop now.
    Windjammers and Windjammers 2 from Dotemu: The perfect blend of sports, fighting games and 90s style, Windjammers makes a triumphant return on Nintendo Switch, launching on 23rd October. What’s more, an all-new sequel, Windjammers 2, will be slicing into town in 2019.
  • Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom from FDG Entertainment: A legendary series returns with a grand new adventure! Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom borrows the best elements from the classic Wonder Boy in Monster World series to deliver a fresh, modern platforming adventure filled with shape-shifting gameplay, memorable music and stunning hand-drawn animation. Unleash your inner monster anytime, anywhere when the game launches for Nintendo Switch on 6th November.
    Moonlighter from 11bit studios and Digital Sun: Play the part of an adventurous shopkeeper with dreams of becoming a hero in Moonlighter, an action-RPG with rogue-lite elements where you’ll have to stay sharp to take care of business – not only with a sword but also quite literally, as you manage your own shop. Coming to Nintendo Switch this autumn.
  • Children of Morta from 11bit studios and Dead Mage: Hack and slash your way through endless hordes of enemies in this narrative-driven roguelike, which can be played either single player or co-op. Experience what it means to be part of a family of heroes, as they fight to defend their legacy and each other. Children of Morta comes to Nintendo Switch in early 2019.
  • This War of Mine from 11bit studios: In war, not everyone is a soldier. In this gripping survival game inspired by real-life events, you do not play as an elite soldier but as a group of civilians merely trying to survive in a city under siege. Test your decision making and emotional resilience to the limits when This War of Mine launches on Nintendo Switch in November.
  • Streets of Rogue from tinyBuild: Streets of Rogue is the world’s only RPG/roguelike/ action/stealth/shooter/brawler megagame, and it’s rumbling on to Nintendo Switch this winter complete with 4-player co-op and exclusive enhancements. Choose from over 20 wildly different character types to fight, sneak and hack your way through randomly generated cities that make for almost unlimited replayability.
  • Everspace: Stellar Edition from Rockfish Games: Shoot, craft and loot your way to victory in this fast-paced single-player space shooter, which combines roguelike gameplay elements with top-notch visuals and a captivating fully voice-acted story. Everspace: Stellar Edition contains the main game and the Encounters expansion, and blasts its way onto Nintendo Switch in December.
  • Baba Is You from Hempuli: This unique and tricky puzzler lets you change the rules of the game as you go, leading to some surprising interactions. Experience the fresh and thought-provoking game design in Baba Is You when it comes to Nintendo Switch this autumn.
    Slay the Spire from Humble Bundle: If you wish to ascend to the top of the Spire, you must choose your cards wisely! This fusion of deck-building card game and roguelike RPG is already a hit on PC, and now it’s on its way to Nintendo Switch in early 2019.
  • Night Call from Raw Fury: The clock is ticking and the meter is running! Night Call is a stylish investigative noire game set in Paris, in which you must balance the dual roles of sleuth and cabbie. Can you earn enough to pay your bills while also getting to the bottom of the murder mystery? Find out when Night Call launches for Nintendo Switch in early 2019.
  • Terraria from 505 Games/Re-Logic: Dig, fight, explore and build! The world is at your fingertips in Terraria, an action-packed game that blends classic adventure with the freedom of sandbox-style creativity. Watch out for it on Nintendo Switch in 2019.

In further good news for lovers of indie games, it is now possible to purchase download codes at retail for selected indie titles on Nintendo Switch. The codes will be available at participating online and brick-and-mortar retailers across Europe from today and once purchased can be easily redeemed via Nintendo eShop or Nintendo’s redemption website. The first wave of indie titles to be available as download codes at retail is as follows:

Celeste from Matt Makes Games
Darkest Dungeon from Red Hook Studios
Dead Cells from Motion Twin
FAST RMX from Shin’en Multimedia
Golf Story from Sidebar Games
Gorogoa from Annapurna Games
Hollow Knight from Team Cherry
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove from Yacht Club Games
Stardew Valley from Chucklefish
Night in the Woods from Finji
More will follow in the coming months.

With Morphies Law, Bad North and Prison Architect all available from today, a slew of other exciting games arriving in the coming months, and a selection of the best indie games already available on the platform now purchasable at retail as download codes, it’s a great time to be a gaming fan on Nintendo Switch. And the march of high-quality indie titles onto Nintendo eShop isn’t slowing down any time soon – stay tuned for more announcements!

Edited by MindFreak
  • Thanks 3

Monster Boy looks absolutely stunning! Can't wait for it! (but yeah, Windjammers 2 is just so out of absolutely nowhere, with an absolutely stunning anime video too! - It has to earn the top spot for me!)

Seriously! Guys! Get Windjammers the very second it appears on the Switch eShop! That game is balls to the walls wildbuck amazing! :D 

Morphie's Law looks great too! Thrilled to bits to see it have 8 player local multiplayer too! Looks like loads of fun!

I think Everspace is probably the only new announcement that interested me, will definitely be picking up The Gardens Between but I was a bit disappointed not to hear anything on Hyper Light Drifter.

Seems like we'll be getting more announcements pretty soon though and with Gamescom happening this week there's even a chance for some more shadow drops.

First screenshots of Windjammers 2 gameplay!

DlC60lrX0AAYmjY.jpg

DlC60hfX4AEUr55.jpg

Looks promising! Glad that they're going for 2D and not ugly 3D! If the trailer is anything to go by, the animation should hopefully make the look work well! :D 

• Thanks 1

content-4-35591-indiehighlightsbanner.jpg

N-E's quick info roundup, thanks again to @Mr-Paul for the press release.

:peace:

• Thanks 3

A Hat in Time has just been announced for Switch.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm tempted by Prison Architect. Looking for a building/managing sim on Switch. Without a sim city clone etc this may have to do.

52 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

A Hat in Time has just been announced for Switch.

Now everyone can stop harassing Gears for Breakfast for a port of the game. Surprised that they're actually doing it but will be interesting to see if the performance is good for it as it could dip a bit at times on the PS4 (and from what I hear, on the PC and Xbox One).

Hopefully it does well as it's a great game.

4 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

Now everyone can stop harassing Gears for Breakfast for a port of the game. Surprised that they're actually doing it but will be interesting to see if the performance is good for it as it could dip a bit at times on the PS4 (and from what I hear, on the PC and Xbox One).

Hopefully it does well as it's a great game.

I've been tempted to pull the trigger on it a few times on the PS4. It looks just like my kinda game.

Oh, great news! After the major disappointment that is Yooka-Laylee, this could perhaps convince me that the genre is not dead.

Disappointed not to have Damon Baker hosting the video, the woman they chose instead was... not good. Then again maybe this isn't their usual Nindie showcase and was just something to show off in time for Gamescom?

Monster Boy, Bad North and possibly Children of Morta probably the highlights for me personally. Morphie's Law just looks waaaay too janky and unpolished to me. I'm sure the gameplay is fun though.

• Thanks 1

This was announced some time ago.

To be honest, it's too much of an bullet hell for my liking.. But that artstyle.. Physical release exclusive on Play-asia/

• Like 1

content-4-35597-gunlordxbanner.jpg

Gunlord X is coming to the Switch. :D

• Like 1

Local game developer Pill Bug Interactive were at the Nintendo South Wales event today demoing their game, Cycle 28. It's a bit like the original Geometry Wars, it's a single level where you control a ship and shoot enemies whilst trying to avoid getting hit. But there's a story in it too, which progresses at various time intervals and when certain conditions are met. Each time you beat your best score you unlock new weapons/upgrades.

It was cool playing it at the same time as talking to the developers. They gave a lot of insight into the inner workings of the game and talked about how they followed streams and social media to see how far people were progressing in the story and how strategies were developing for high scores. Apparently only one person so far has seen the full story and reached the complete ending.