NEurope
Ronnie

Indie Games

Little Nightmares is a fantastic game so it is coming to Switch is only good news as more people will get a chance to play it. If it does, hopefully it'll have all the DLC and be the complete edition as they've been small bit sized extra stories that have really helped to build the world in that game.

The little tease they did on the Playstation Blog about the possibility of a sequel has me itching for more but I'd happily double dip for it again as I enjoyed it a lot 

Destructoid gave Mulaka an 8/10, summarising that the game is an “impressive effort with a few noticeable problems holding it back. Won't astound everyone, but is worth your time and cash.”

491669-Header-noscale.jpg');

They specifically praise the game’s art style and music, and say that the game might just be what you’re looking for if you have an Okami-shaped itch to scratch. 

Their full review of the game can be found here

Moonlighter will be receiving a physical release when the game launches in May (which has been confirmed by the game’s publisher, Merge Games).

Moonlighter-Physical-Ed_03-02-18.jpg

In case you need a quick reminder about the game, here’s its Switch announcement trailer.

• Thanks 1

Ohhh, totally forgot about that.

Might be one of the few games I pay full price for this year.

I played through this on the PS4 at the start of the year and thought it was a fantastic experience. I certainly recommend Switch owners give it a go, provided that the port is good.

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:
You people should buy this.

It's got rogue elements in it, hasn't it? Probably a nope from me then. :D Besides, it has a Limited Run release coming out, so i'd probably get the retail version if I did ever pick it up.

56 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's got rogue elements in it, hasn't it? Probably a nope from me then. :D Besides, it has a Limited Run release coming out, so i'd probably get the retail version if I did ever pick it up.

Yup. You should just save the money for something else ;)

I'm waiting for the Swords of Ditto to be announced as coming to Switch. IGN asked the devs at last year's E3 (the now standard "is it coming to Switch?" question indies seem to get asked every two minutes). They said because it was made in GameMaker, it had to be PS4 and PC only. BUT, Switch now supports GameMaker as of a week or so, so fingers crossed...

Also this looks great. I played it at EGX...

Edited by Ronnie

Absolutely amazing and heart warming story.

No matter what you may think of the Switch there is no denying the positive effect it has had on indie developers. It is literally saving indie studios.

• Like 2

Yeah, it's amazing how well Ninty fans have taken to indies. Most of them totally deserve it, the sheer ease of picking up a game and playing it, not to mention Nintendo putting a spotlight on these games has really helped to make these smaller titles thrive.

And I've gotta say, there's more than a few games I'm interested in. And my game of the year last year was an indie title.

That Planet Alpha look gorgeous. I much prefer indy games going with interesting graphics styles rather than yet more pixel art.

I hope the game is decent too.

Last Day of June

content-2-35421-lastdayofjunesidebox.jpg

Well, that happened!

I played a game AND reviewed it in 24 hours. :cool:

Also... there don't seem to be any other reviews for the Switch version online... yet.

Usually I'd be worried about an embargo being broken, but the game came out yesterday so...

...N-Europe exclusive! (probably for all of 5 minutes) :D

Enjoy! :peace:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Last Day of June

content-2-35421-lastdayofjunesidebox.jpg

Well, that happened!

I played a game AND reviewed it in 24 hours. :cool:

Also... there don't seem to be any other reviews for the Switch version online... yet.

Usually I'd be worried about an embargo being broken, but the game came out yesterday so...

...N-Europe exclusive! (probably for all of 5 minutes) :D

Enjoy! :peace:

Great review, sold me the game! :)

• Thanks 1

Nice. I've heard good things about that.
Wonder why it wasn't in the Nindies presentation...?

Yeah, weird that it wasn't part of the Nindies showcase. Nidhogg 2 has just been announced for Switch too, maybe they don't have any footage of the Switch versions to show yet? I think GDC is going on at the moment so we might get a few more announcements trickling out over the next few days.

Hyper Light Drifter is supposed to be tough as nails. So all you casual newbs should stay clear. :p Especially  @Hero-of-Time.

Aaaanyway. Nice to see more and more indies coming to the Switch, even though it's mostly older ones.

Turns out Hyperlight Drifter, Nidhogg and Crashlands (also just announced) are all made in Game Maker which only just introduced Switch support so it would make sense that neither game had enough footage to show in the showcase.

• Thanks 1

Hells yeah on Hyper Light Drifter, one of my favourite indie games of the last few years. Love the visual style, the soundtrack is beautifully eery and the world of the game is steeped in mythology for those willing to read up on it and the gameplay is brilliant. Simple but difficult to master. I'm in for a second purchase of it as it's a fantastic game, though I'd love it even more if they did a physical release of it. Hopefully they do. Really hope they take the IP forward with another game in that world as it's calling out for it.