NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
khilafah

Snake Pass announced for Switch

From GAF

Good news

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=CKZ6A-tGjxc

You’ve been asking and yes, we’ve been very coy about it… But today we are delighted to announce that Snake Pass is coming to the Nintendo Switch!

Yesss!

That’s right! Very soon Nintendo fans across the world will be challenged to ‘think like a snake’ by slithering, coiling and climbing across the once idyllic mountain of Haven Tor. Taking control of Noodle the Snake, accompanied by his hyperactive best buddy Doodle the Hummingbird, players will face snake-bending obstacles and perilous pitfalls in their quest to find and restore the Keystones that give Haven Tor its’ mythical power!

Whether you want to slither on the go in handheld mode, coil up in tabletop mode or climb into a comfy sofa and play in TV mode, Snake Pass on the Nintendo Switch is the perfect way to play, wherever you are!

That’s Sssuper!

Isn’t it just? Everyone on the team is a huge fan of all things created by Nintendo and the opportunity to bring Snake Pass to the Nintendo Switch is a dream come true. Especially for Snake Pass creator; Seb Liese:

“I always thought Snake Pass would be great fit for a Nintendo platform but I never dreamed it would come out so close to the launch of their brand-new console!”

Ssso When?

A very good question, but one we’re not ready to answer quite yet. What we can share is that we’re aiming for a first quarter release in 2017 – which is already incredibly close! All hands are on deck making sure that Snake Pass is the very best it can be when it launches and we’re all super excited for you to play it. Keep your eyes on http://www.snake-pass.com for more details which will be coming… Sssoon.

Looks like a lot of fun, and Sumo Digital are good peeps. Looking forward to this one :)

David Wise is doing the music

I didn't know this game existed until earlier this week, then didn't find out it was on Switch until last night and now I'm so psyched for it.

According to a stream they did, they managed to get it ported and working in around a week, which is incredible.

Simultaneously enjoying and hating this game

C8G-CkAVUAA14ta.jpg:orig

This happens way too often.

The controls are weird. I try to make sure I'm sturdy, but I often keep falling down or overstretching :(

Edited by Serebii

Simultaneously enjoying and hating this game

C8G-CkAVUAA14ta.jpg:orig

This happens way too often.

The controls are weird. I try to make sure I'm sturdy, but I often keep falling down or overstretching :(

I've not actually looked too much at it since it was first announced some time ago, but I thought it was supposed to be difficult to control because you're trying to replicate the sine-like motion of a snake's traversal?

Although obviously it may just be badly done, but I thought that was interesting.

I do intend to pick this up at some point though.

I've not actually looked too much at it since it was first announced some time ago, but I thought it was supposed to be difficult to control because you're trying to replicate the sine-like motion of a snake's traversal?

Although obviously it may just be badly done, but I thought that was interesting.

I do intend to pick this up at some point though.

Yeah I'm getting the hang of it now, but still much annoyance.

Played it today at EGX. Literally have no idea what youre having issues with. Its almost purely physics based and took me a short amount of time to learn. Never felt like anything that went wrong happened for to an unfair reason.

Impressions of the demo are that this hits the same relaxing puzzler spot that Captain toad did with a very Rare esk vibe. Interested in picking this up at some point.

I'm really enjoying this. I've poured in a good few hours tonight, only just completed level 6 but I am getting all the blue orbs and coins along the way.

The controls are great and really unique, I can't explain it well myself but Kaepora's review says it best (and is what pushed me over the edge to buying it).

I've died a LOT so far but it hasn't really frustrated me as it has a kind of Monkey Ball feel in that it's hard as hell but when you die it's always your fault for not quite getting something right, you never feel cheated.

One time I really did lose my rag was trying to get the last gold coin on top of a rock formation in world 6. I couldnt wrap my way up as it was so thick so I had to make a 5-min ish journey up all these poles to jump over onto it and I missed about 3 times :laughing:

I couldnt wrap my way up as it was so thick so I had to make a 5-min ish journey up all these poles to jump over onto it and I missed about 3 times

o5u74n.jpg

Sign in to follow this