NEurope
Strange Cookie

Skyrim (2017)

Is anybody else playing this? I'm nearing the end of my playtime with it now (about 70 hours in) and have finished the main quests but am just cleaning up doing the quests I never got round to when I played it on 360 but i'm running into a lot of issues. I've had the game quit on me a few times over the past few days, once while it was saving, but thankfully this hasn't corrupted any data. I have run into a few bugs in the game before but they have been minor visual discrepancies or issues with collision, nothing that has shut down the game. Otherwise I've been really enjoying it, it took some getting used to the combat in the beginning as I had completely forgotten that there was no lock-on which means combat is more about wildly flailing about than entering into tactical battles with your foes. It's interesting to see where it has influenced BOTW and other open world games but the archaic mechanics definitely took some time to get into, having a directional arrow pointing towards the goal makes it harder to properly engage with the world but the writing and voice acting are mostly great which makes it easier to put up with some of the more irritating or dated aspects of the game.

I'm yet to buy it. I do want it though but I have just too many games on the go at the minute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/01/2018 at 1:49 AM, killthenet said:

having a directional arrow pointing towards the goal makes it harder to properly engage with the world but the writing and voice acting are mostly great which makes it easier to put up with some of the more irritating or dated aspects of the game.

As a long time TES fan, the voice acting is a huge improvement over the jarring conversations in Oblivion, but it limits conversations severely when compared to Morrowind. I love the radiant quests though.

As far as directional arrows go... never been a huge fan. I mean, it's good that you don't spend every waking hour searching all the nooks and crannies in a dungeon to find the one item you need, but at the same time, there's too much hand-holding.

I'll play this again after I'm done replaying BOTW for the third play through.

• Thanks 1