NEurope
Strange Cookie

Skyrim (2017)

That's an absolute shitty trailer.

Anyway, I never even finished Oblivion. Skyrim still has some appeal to me, but I'll get it in a Steam sale.. one day. Unless I really get the urge to go above and beyond to support 3rd parties.

Microtransactions>motion controls :P

oh_you_by_doom1272-d31mb3c.jpg

You're not getting me going that easily.

You're not getting me going that easily.

To be fair I dislike motion controls enough (apart from VR games) that I would probably prefer a game with microtransactions. I just want motion controls to go away. I get that a lot of the time its a choice now but I'd rather just have them avoided altogether.

I'm half tempted to pick this up but knowing I'd be able to get it much cheaper on elsewhere is a big thing stopping me.

Skyrim on the commute though...

Can we see which version it's using? I remember there was a lot of worry from the original Switch video that it was the original one and not remaster.

Can we see which version it's using? I remember there was a lot of worry from the original Switch video that it was the original one and not remaster.

It's based on the Special Edition. As far as I know, that means it includes the DLC.

Some people are wondering whether it's gonna allow some mod support, though.

It's based on the Special Edition. As far as I know, that means it includes the DLC.

Some people are wondering whether it's gonna allow some mod support, though.

Yeah I did notice they didn't mention the Switch in the mod section.

I liked Oblivion and "Elder Scrolls with guns" Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but never got to playing Skyrim. However, I think this is a game I really prefer to play on the PC. I can't see me playing this game with a controller, it is cheaper and it looks better with the HD pack.

Lol @ the very end of the vid. :laughing:

Another excellent technical achievement by the looks of things though. I still can’t quite get used to seeing these kind of ports on Switch, it’s pretty surreal after so many years of third party devs either not supporting Nintendo’s systems, or chucking out heavily stripped down versions of their games.

What a time to be alive. :hehe:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Great video there. This will be my next buy once I'm finished with Mario i think. Quite tempted by Doom too but don't like having more than one game on at the same time.

That's made me very tempted to pick it up this weekend now, hearing that music took me back to 2011 and made me nostalgic for playing it on my ex- girlfriends 360. 

I didn't realise you could play this third person, that's making me tempted to pick it up at some point

The temptation is real. Seems to be a really competant port. I only put 20 hours into the PC version but could see myself putting 100s into the Switch version. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I didn't realise you could play this third person, that's making me tempted to pick it up at some point

Yeah, just click the right analogue stick any time you like.  I think it's much better in 3rd-person, but it's nice to switch to 1st-person to check out murals and things like that.

You can switch to third person mode but it controls really badly. It's not made to be played like that unfortunately.

Just now, Sheikah said:

You can switch to third person mode but it controls really badly. It's not made to be played like that unfortunately.

I actually much preferred playing it in 3rd person, don't think I ever bothered with the first person mode. 

Does the game require downloading of any extra data if you buy the physical version?

Hats off to the OP of the Skyrim OT over on ResetEra:

"Skyrim on Switch [OT] See that mountain? You can play Skyrim on it."

Thought it was worth sharing :D

• Haha 5

Very impressed with the game. When you emerge from the opening section into the world it looks incredible for a handheld experience. Obviously BoTW has this beaten for control but the world is so intoxicating and deep. Only played to the first major town on PS3 so cannot wait to dig deeper with this. 

So many games...not enough hours in the day!

How does this compare to Witcher 3?
It's Skyrimmier. Much more, in fact. The Witcher 3 isn't very Skyrimmy at all.
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Blade said:

How does this compare to Witcher 3?

I haven't played The Witcher 3, but if there's anything you'd like to know about Skyrim, gameplay-wise, I'd be happy to elaborate.

I bought this from Argos yesterday but didn't realise I selected a Sunday delivery instead of Saturday so haven't actually received it yet. I've been having a really bad week so I'm hoping having this to dive into will help get me out of the hole I'm in. 

Started playing this last night and it's a really good port. It's pretty funny that it runs a damn site smoother than it did on my macbook when I played through it for a bit about a year ago. I have encountered one hiccup though, been playing only in handheld mode so far, during the second quest in Whiterun the surroundings of the town seemed to disappear and the character models were really blurry for a moment until I went into the over world.