NEurope
Strange Cookie

Skyrim (2017)

What's this? No love for good ol' Skyrim?

Standaard-NS.ashx?v=WqWfdLglIE2IP5KTEl8Uhw&Type=Large

I'm quite looking forward to playing Skyrim on the go/loo. Just curious if it will be the vanilla-version, the special edition or something in between. The footage from the presentation seems to be from the special edition, but since it's not out until autumn, I doubt they have even started porting yet, let alone have actual Switch footage to show. I don't think Bethesda themselves knows how it'll turn out in the end.

Let's hope they can make it compare favourably to other versions, and perhaps this can be a taste of things to come? Though I don't know what could follow. Switch won't be able to handle Fallout 4, and unlike Skyrim, there is no 'lighter'-version to port.

The Special Edition runs in native 4K on the PS4 Pro without too many issues so I don't think there'd be much difficulty in running the same game in 900p docked and 720p handheld on Switch like BOTW does. I think you're right that they haven't even got a proper Switch build up and running yet, I think they'll probably implement the HD Rumble and some other of the Switch's features into the game but I don't expect we'll get very deep mod support, if at all.

I was keen to pick up the special edition on PS4 but I'm definitely happy to wait for it to come to the Switch before buying it again. It possibly could launch a bit sooner but Autumn is probably a good time to release it. And gives the game some distance from BOTW which it would obviously be competing with if it had been a launch game.

Is it wrong I have no real idea what this is? I mean, I don road my, but no details... i.someone said earlier they've played it for 1200 hours, how is that possible? Is it online in anyway? Is there a story or just a world with lots of little stories? Can't imagine it. Wing my type of game but would like to support this kind of game.

Is it online in anyway? Is there a story or just a world with lots of little stories?

There's no online. There's a main story but lots and lots of little stories, some obvious, some hidden well and lots of potential for messing around (although that is massively increased by mods on PC, so a massively long playtime may be due to that).

Is it wrong I have no real idea what this is? I mean, I don road my, but no details... i.someone said earlier they've played it for 1200 hours, how is that possible? Is it online in anyway? Is there a story or just a world with lots of little stories? Can't imagine it. Wing my type of game but would like to support this kind of game.
That was me i think, hehehe.

Had several playthroughs over the years. Ranging from 150 to 400 hours. Finishing the main quest doesnt take much time, but im a little bit OCD-ish, so i wanted to "complete everything". That included reaching level 253 to unlock all skill perks. But after 200 hours @ lvl110-ish, its just a boring grind.

Also stuck with Skyrim for that long because i couldnt get into any other games.

If you like roleplaying, exploring and character building, Skyrim may be right for you. But, its still an Elder Scrolls game with its own weird things.

The game first released on November 11th 2011. Now its 2017 and its being released for a new console. Think its pretty safe to say Skyrim was/is a huge succes.

Edit: i do somewhat hope they stop pushing Skyrim because i heard Elder Scrolls 6 is still years away from completion. =[

Bethesda's Todd Howard "Can't Say" If Skyrim on Switch is the Special Edition

Worrying? Personally looking at the Switch version, it looks great, and a must buy for me, an owner of only Nintendo consoles. Will it matter if it's the OG version instead of the SE?

Worrying? Personally looking at the Switch version, it looks great, and a must buy for me, an owner of only Nintendo consoles. Will it matter if it's the OG version instead of the SE?
If he cant say it, its not the 2016 Skyrim Special Edition.

And no, it doesnt matter what version you play. As far as i know the 2016 SE only has visual/audio updates. The core game is the same as the OG version from back in 2011.

Well, the new version (2016) comes with all DLC, the original does not. But I don't think that's the issue here.

I could live with it being less than 1080p if that's their worry.

Watching the Bethesda Press Conference just now and they showed Skyrim has amiibo support:

Edited by Helmsly

Watching the Bethesda Press Conference just now and they showed Skyrim has amiibo support:

I think they could of done a better trailer. Should of just used the game soundtrack. I didn't think the motion controls looked good either.

If the Bow aiming is anything like Skyward Sword's, that could be fun.

Oh well, completely optional. So that's nice.

Skyrim guy wearing Link's outfit....

giphy.gif

It looks really weird and creepy.

I was surprised there was no release date at the end of the trailer.

I was surprised there was no release date at the end of the trailer.

Probably saving that for Nintendo's Treehouse. Would make sense considering everything shown early on - especially ports like this - are at risk of being buried by the tidal wave that will be PlayStation's briefing, as well as Ubisoft's too.

Maybe now the pc mod community will make a giant Legend of Zelda Skyrim mod? With Ganon's Castle, the Water Temple ofcourse, and something annoying like Navi.

The Zelda tie-in is so out of place. None of that looks remotely like it belongs in the Elder Scrolls universe.

The BOTW armour looks so gross and the motion controls seem like a pretty pointless addition. The portability of it seems like enough of a hook for it to sell decently, the new additions seem totally pointless

It's great that Bethesda are actually putting a bit of thought into this rather than just porting it straight. The Link outfit is a nice little easter egg if you happen to have an amiibo.

I'm really not interested as I wasn't an enormous fan of Skyrim in the first place and how many times do we really need to buy this game?

But, I think it'll sell bucket loads as the public seem to adore this game.

The BOTW armour looks so gross and the motion controls seem like a pretty pointless addition. The portability of it seems like enough of a hook for it to sell decently, the new additions seem totally pointless

Aren't options great?

Just because something is pointless, doesn't mean it shouldn't be in there.

It's just a bit of fun and it's entirely optional, so it doesn't have to affect a single aspect of the game.

Still, possible Skyward Sword style Bow aiming has me a little intrigued.

Although, ironically, the single biggest aspect that's putting me off is Breath of the Wild itself.

Never thought I'd see an amiibo being used in a Bethesda conference

(or a Nintendo console in a Microsoft one for that matter)

Aren't options great?

Just because something is pointless, doesn't mean it shouldn't be in there.

It's just a bit of fun and it's entirely optional, so it doesn't have to affect a single aspect of the game.

If your current job doesn't pan out I reckon you'd be a great addition to Ubisoft's PR team, the next time they launch a game and outline their microtransaction plans.

If your current job doesn't pan out I reckon you'd be a great addition to Ubisoft's PR team, the next time they launch a game and outline their microtransaction plans.

I take insult to the fact you suggest I take a job that condones microtransactions.

I thought you knew me better than that.

You don't care about our relationship and IT'S TEARING ME APART, SHIEKAH!