NEurope
James

Forum apps.

Is there any better forum apps people use than Tapatalk, it constantly changes, logs me out and is just pump.

Or are we restricted to Tapatalk?

Tapatalk is craptacular, but it is better than trying to use the browser version.

The worst part of Tapatalk is the fact that spoiler tags don't work. Although, I have improved it somewhat by getting rid of the one line of text preview for each thread. That used to spoil so many things.

In an ideal world, we'd move to a new forum software that's a bit more mobile friendly/responsive. It's certainly a possibility, although limited by the size of our existing content and peoples' free time.

Google Chrome is a good mobile app for forums. Immensely better than Tapatalk.

Google Chrome is a good mobile app for forums. Immensely better than Tapatalk.

What forum set up do you use? I've tried Full Width, and its impossible to click on anything. The Mobile Phone one is awful and like being on the Internet in the early 90s.

I think people using their phone browser are probably doing a lot of pinching and zooming to make it functional. Which is probably just showing a lack of awareness of how much better it could be :p

I think people using their phone browser are probably doing a lot of pinching and zooming to make it functional. Which is probably just showing a lack of awareness of how much better it could be :p

I use my phone browser but don't have any problems... I don't really resize much. ::shrug:

I use my phone browser but don't have any problems... I don't really resize much. ::shrug:

Kav just has teeny tiny fingertips obviously.

Yeah. There's also the case on browser where clicking those small arrow icons to jump to the last post of a thread brings up a magnifier window just to 'make sure' you definitely wanted to click that icon. Happens with other small hyperlinked objects too.

I quite like Tapatalk but it is missing some features. Spoiler functionality like Bob said, as well as compatibility with some other tags (twitter tags don't display properly). You can't unthank people you accidentally thanked either. The timeline/new posts feature is very good though (just an ordered list of posts as they happen).

Ages ago I started trying to work on a mobile scheme, got sidetracked by life (oh life) and never finished it off. Instead of finishing it off I've released it as a beta.

You should see it in the dropdown menu as 'New Mobile Scheme (beta)'.

Warning it's fine for general browsing and posting but it's not great for PMs, there's some inconsistency between sizes and the quick reply box has lots of weird spacing and...meh. Whatever. Use it if it helps, but don't expect miracles.

As Shorty said though, if you pay for him to have a year off he'll make one for you.

Edited by Ashley

Yeah. There's also the case on browser where clicking those small arrow icons to jump to the last post of a thread brings up a magnifier window just to 'make sure' you definitely wanted to click that icon. Happens with other small hyperlinked objects too.

I quite like Tapatalk but it is missing some features. Spoiler functionality like Bob said, as well as compatibility with some other tags (twitter tags don't display properly). You can't unthank people you accidentally thanked either. The timeline/new posts feature is very good though (just an ordered list of posts as they happen).

I just remembered you can't delete posts either. Much infuriating. Many annoyance.

I just remembered you can't delete posts either. Much infuriating. Many annoyance.

So the posts we see are what you've decided is worth keeping?

So the posts we see are what you've decided is worth keeping?

Can't you read? None of my posts are worth reading, I just can't delete any of them.

Ages ago I started trying to work on a mobile scheme, got sidetracked by life (oh life) and never finished it off. Instead of finishing it off I've released it as a beta.

You should see it in the dropdown menu as 'New Mobile Scheme (beta)'.

Warning it's fine for general browsing and posting but it's not great for PMs, there's some inconsistency between sizes and the quick reply box has lots of weird spacing and...meh. Whatever. Use it if it helps, but don't expect miracles.

As Shorty said though, if you pay for him to have a year off he'll make one for you.

That's great.

I wasn't moaning about the forum more how craptacular the Tapatalk app is and if there were alternatives.

PS. Can I change my name yet?

Can't you read? None of my posts are worth reading, I just can't delete any of them.

But in the context of Tapatalk...

I think you guys can delete posts in a very short window of time (like 2 minutes) but maybe I'm thinking about editing thread titles...

That's great.

I wasn't moaning about the forum more how craptacular the Tapatalk app is and if there were alternatives.

PS. Can I change my name yet?

Oh yeah I wasn't suggesting you were, just realised maybe people other than me would benefit from it (I've been using it for months :heh:)

...you're going to have to fill me in on that last point. Memory like a hey look! Sharks!