NEurope
Strange Cookie

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+

This...has a rather odd name.

I wonder what it's going to be about that they use Afterbirth as a subtitle...bit gross.

This...has a rather odd name.

I wonder what it's going to be about that they use Afterbirth as a subtitle...bit gross.

Have you played the original Binding of Isaac? Its all a bit gross but a great game.

No I haven't, which is presumably why I'm confused. So it's actually got something to do with afterbirth and not just using the word cause it sounds cool?

Yeah it makes sense for the game. There are a lot of weird monsters and fetus type creatures you fight against.

Lovely box art. Could be tempted to pick it up, the original on 3DS was quite nice though I don't understand how people can spend 100s of hours on it.

Lovely box art. Could be tempted to pick it up, the original on 3DS was quite nice though I don't understand how people can spend 100s of hours on it.

Having played it on multiple platforms (not 3DS but Vita/PS4 and PC) the PC release is by far much more polished and far easier to spend an exorbitant amount of time on. I have 85 hours on the original (not Rebirth) and not a single run was the same as any before it.

Now Spelunky, I can't see why people play that at all. I can't get behind a rogue like where the controls feel actively against me.

So yeah I'm down with Afterbirth whenever I get a Switch.

Apart from you know, Shovel Knight, Inside, Rocket League, and dozens of others ;)

Apart from you know, Shovel Knight, Inside, Rocket League, and dozens of others

Ha. Shovel Knight. Good one.

2 hours ago, Sheikah said:

Out now.

Buy it. Best indie game there is.

Why’s it £35? Isn’t that a bit insane or is that on the other devices? Think I have from PSplus (did it come for that?).

1 hour ago, Sheikah said:

Ha. Shovel Knight. Good one. emoji14.png

Yes, GOTY nominee at most outlets that year Shovel Knight. 91% on Metacritic Shovel Knight.

This is absolutely one of the best Roguelikes (a reference in the genre), and as such, it's absolutely worth playing. But since I still have the original on PC, only a the possibility of playing it on a mobile device would convince me to get this version.

So get going, Switch owners. Give it a shot (if you can stomach the incredibly dark humour)

Edited by Jonnas
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, dazzybee said:

Why’s it £35? Isn’t that a bit insane or is that on the other devices? Think I have from PSplus (did it come for that?).

It is basically the full experience, i.e. all two DLCs included which add soooooooo much content.

The PS+ version was the vanilla version years ago.

It's definitely worth the 35 bucks, in my opinion.

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 1

I snapped it up this morning.

DJRp2LuWAAADRGD.jpg

I've never played it before so it will be interesting to see how I get on with it. No idea when i'll get to play it though. I'm drowning in games at the moment.

• Like 3

I snapped it up this morning.
DJRp2LuWAAADRGD.jpg
I've never played it before so it will be interesting to see how I get on with it. No idea when i'll get to play it though. I'm drowning in games at the moment.
I'm sure you'll find a spare 15 minutes to complete and 100% it.
  • Haha 1