NEurope
Eenuh

Washer-dryer: Yay or Nay?

Oooh, I'm interested in that Dri Buddi thing. We use racks and prop them against our radiators. Everything dries pretty well, but the Buddi looks prettier.

I have a separate (condensing) dryer. Had it in both my 1-bedroom flat and my 2-bedroom terrace house.

I said CASE CLOSED!

Like I tell Foreman at work, I'll decide.

Man...if I wasn't actually a good worker I'd be a terrible employee.

Nah, this is a very typical small English terraced house, our washing machine will be in the kitchen under the worktop.

It has been decided though, I have ordered a normal washing machine, no dryer included! Should get delivered on Tuesday, ready for our move next weekend! :)

We will just have to see how the drying goes with normal drying racks, or invest in that electric air dryer at some point.

Thanks for your input everyone! :D

I have no idea what the typical English house is. I'd probably be likely to load it with dishes if it's in the kitchen. O.o

Nah, this is a very typical small English terraced house, our washing machine will be in the kitchen under the worktop.

It has been decided though, I have ordered a normal washing machine, no dryer included! Should get delivered on Tuesday, ready for our move next weekend! :)

We will just have to see how the drying goes with normal drying racks, or invest in that electric air dryer at some point.

Thanks for your input everyone! :D

Tbh I think it'll be better in the long run - you can easily get too dependant on a dryer either way and they can really run your leccie bills up a bit if you end up in the habit. Is damp a problem in the new place? I was confused if it seems to be or if it was only an issue in the flat? Badly vented dryers can end up putting moisture in the room they're in too - another reason I've personally tried to avoid them.

(also on a completely unrelated note to any of this if for any reason you need to scrap that Picanto at any point let me know as I might be interested!)

Our house isn't too bad for damp or mould, it's just there's nowhere warm enough to dry the washing. The living room is pretty much the only place that gets warm enough, but even that isn't ideal.

Out of curiosity, what's the cost of running a dehumidifier?

well put it this way, my electricity bill never goes over £20 a month.

It's a refridgeration type unit, probably takes a bit to run over hours but its not got heater like consumption.

I have a separate (condensing) dryer. Had it in both my 1-bedroom flat and my 2-bedroom terrace house.

We got a condenser and have never looked back. Life saver during the winter.

Tbh I think it'll be better in the long run - you can easily get too dependant on a dryer either way and they can really run your leccie bills up a bit if you end up in the habit. Is damp a problem in the new place? I was confused if it seems to be or if it was only an issue in the flat? Badly vented dryers can end up putting moisture in the room they're in too - another reason I've personally tried to avoid them.

Don't think damp is an issue in the new house, at least I hope not! Doesn't seem that way though. Plenty of other things that are not great though or need work, including a faulty boiler apparently (arghhh).

(also on a completely unrelated note to any of this if for any reason you need to scrap that Picanto at any point let me know as I might be interested!)

Haha no, not selling our car I'm afraid, we only bought it 3.5 years ago (as a new car), so still have quite some life left in it! :)

The DriBuddy is basically just a hot fan with a cover. Can you not just get a cheap fan heater and place that next to the clothes horse? The DriBuddy is 1200w so anything less than that will use less energy.

which means all the moisture stays in the room...... thats not gonna be good for wallpaper or plaster in the room...

which means all the moisture stays in the room...... thats not gonna be good for wallpaper or plaster in the room...

True, but you could do it somewhere with the window open/extractor fan on. Or a dehumidifier.

But that goes back to @Shorty's comment. Where does the moisture go with the DriBuddi? From what I can tell it's just a heated fan inside a cover. So that's the same issue.

getting a cheap line and a dehumidifier would do a better job and cost you a lot less (outlaying costs and electric)

Surely if you're drying clothes inside then it's the same amount of moisture whether you're using the DriBuddi or just hanging the clothes over a rack?

Unless I'm being a retard and missing some very basic science that says adding heat increases moisture?!

There is a built in hole in the ceiling of my bathroom [living room also]. Central.. ehm, i dont know how to call it. It sucks out air, but doesnt add anything. So it gets rid of smoke, smells and a humid bathroom because i like to shower at around 323,15 degrees Kelvin.

So i just hang the clothes in the bathroom. One person household.

Surely if you're drying clothes inside then it's the same amount of moisture whether you're using the DriBuddi or just hanging the clothes over a rack?

Unless I'm being a retard and missing some very basic science that says adding heat increases moisture?!

I wondered if it stayed inside the plastic and then you had to dry that after, but now that I say it, it sounds dumb :p so yeah assume it just ends up all over your windows and walls anyway.

I assumed he was being hyperbolic because I though he meant 32 thousand Kelvin.

Dat European comma decimal.

50C is a yummy shower temperature.

It's an SI unit*, stop being an uncouth Neanderthal @MoogleViper!

Also hot showers ftw. Also re: DriBuddy/any general drying even on racks - open a window if you know you're getting a lot of moisture in a short time and in a small space. I dry my clothes in a large room and let it just happen - but I presume/hope said moisture wafts around my house and eventually dissipates - no major signs of damp in my almost 3 years so far. If I had a working bathroom fan thingy like @Naar I'd definitely be sticking my shiz in my silly small bathroom to dry though.

*No actual idea if it's an SI unit because I was too lazy to google but I'm bloody well hoping it is.

*No actual idea if it's an SI unit because I was too lazy to google but I'm bloody well hoping it is.

It is, and Moogle is.

It is, and Moogle is.

Moogle is an SI unit? Must be for the Sexiness.

'That MoogleViper's probably about 2 Moogles.'

'Yeah but dr.bob's like 4 times as Moogle, at least'

etcetc.

'Yeah but dr.bob's like 4 times as Moogle, at least'

At least.

____