NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Fire Emblem: Three Houses (26th July 2019)

Fired the game up this evening and was met with this as my first cutscene...

Spoiler

FYDMFNuVsAANyhb?format=jpg&name=large

There's just no escaping the heat at the moment. :D 

• Haha 4
  • Weird 1

56 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

There's just no escaping the heat at the moment. :D 

Everfrost Peak... Walrus Cove... Snowball Valley... FROSTY VILLAGE. Yep, it's time to pull the blinds and play DKR until you're shivering.

Edited by darksnowman
R!

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Everfrost Peak... Walrus Cove... Snowball Valley... FROSTY VILLAGE. Yep, it's time to pull the blinds and play DKR until you're shivering.

It's like I'm there. 

How do you mess up naming the coolest Donkey Kong game when the actual answer is so obvious!?

dkc-tropical-freeze---button-15157003823

After the past couple of days, I'm starting to think the Snowmads were the good guys in this game.

• Haha 1

I reached chapter 21 yesterday evening and will no doubt get the game finished tonight. Unless there is some big twist at the end, I can safely say that the Blue Lion route has been the better of the two. There's not a lot going on with the narrative in the Golden Deer side of things, whereas the Blue Lion story was really interesting, with despair and redemption being big focus points of it. Claude is a lovable character but his story arch has been just pretty meh.

Sounds like you've made great time on that. Assuming characters going down in battle is final, have they added a restart battle option or are you still having to reset the game?

4 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Sounds like you've made great time on that. Assuming characters going down in battle is final, have they added a restart battle option or are you still having to reset the game?

I never play like that. If there's an option to turn off perma deaths I will use it. Thankfully, the modern FE games include this option.

6 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

You can rewind a few turns back in this game

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I never play like that. If there's an option to turn off perma deaths I will use it. Thankfully, the modern FE games include this option.

Now you mention it, I think I read you saying that in the Conquest thread.

Not an easy task for me to imagine playing FE without the peril of wondering if I'm going to be crit'd to death at any moment, and need to restart the encounter. :p  

5 hours ago, Jonnas said:

You can rewind a few turns back in this game

What's the cost/ penalty for doing so?

35 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

If it's anything like Shadows of Valentia, no penalty. But you only have a limited amount of uses per mission.

53 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

It is as Glen-i said.

I personally refused to use it to revive anybody, I'd restart the chapter, old-school style.

Ironically, it was actually pretty nifty, using it to restart the chapter. Just rewind back to the beginning of Turn 1, no bookmarks or other reset buttons needed.

My adventure with the Golden Deer crew is over. Even though I think the Blue Lion campaign is better, that doesn't take away how good the game still is. It's been great playing through the game again and my only real complaint is that the game could be a few chapters shorter. By the end of the game there's not much to do in the school/monastery, all my skills were levelled up to where they needed to be and doing battles was pointless because I had done most of the grinding and leg work early on. This meant I was just resting or skipping sections in order to get to the main battles. This was also a complaint of mine when I first played the game so it's not as if this was exclusive to this playthrough. 

I loved the final battle anime cutscene and it got me wondering just why Nintendo haven't made a Fire Emblem anime for today's audience. I think it would do stupidly well if time and effort was put into it. With Nintendo branching out in different things I think this is certainly one thing they should look at. People often cry for a Zelda live action or anime series but I think FE would be much better suited.

In terms of picking my partner for the end of the game, it's pretty slim pickings in the Golden Deer house. 

• Marianne = I felt she was far too shy and withdrawn. Plus, Lorenz seemed to have a thing for her.
  • Hilda = Very lazy and had the whole annoying chirpy thing going on.
  • Lysithea = Pretty sure she had a thing for Marianne as well. Clearly that wasn't the case going by her ending. 
  • Leonie = You could marry her but she'd be thinking of Jeralt the whole time.

I eventually handed over the ring to Hilda....for obvious reasons. 

Spoiler

FYNsmjZVUAACfNc?format=jpg&name=large

Here is how my team got on after the game finished.

Spoiler

FYNsmj7VQAANj7H?format=jpg&name=large

FYNsmj1UUAAJEPN?format=jpg&name=large

FYNsmjtVsAANRrd?format=jpg&name=large

FYNs1WfVQAA61By?format=jpg&name=large

FYNs1WdUsAAFmJH?format=jpg&name=large

FYNs1WSUcAAtLX_?format=jpg&name=large

FYNs1WQVQAAd1Tj?format=jpg&name=large

That's both Three Houses and Conquest finished this year. I wonder if I'll play through another FE game before the year is out? I'd like to play Three Hopes but I refuse to play that until i've done all the paths on this game.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this