NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Fire Emblem: Three Houses (26th July 2019)

11 minutes ago, Ike said:

Only normal mode allows you to grind like that.

I know. Not that it matters anyway because I never play the FE games on hard mode or with permadeath.

9 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

So, for every Fire Emblem amiibo you have, you can scan them all once per day in game to get in-game rewards?

*goes off to raid box full of amiibo for any character holding a sword, shield, axe, bow or book* :D

I think you get a special item from the FE amiibo (probably the music track I spoke about yesterday) and then after that you get random items off them and other amiibo.

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I know. Not that it matters anyway because I never play the FE games on hard mode or with permadeath.

I think you get a special item from the FE amiibo (probably the music track I spoke about yesterday) and then after that you get random items off them and other amiibo.

Oh cool, well I just gathered up... eleven Fire Emblem amiibo (I think that's all of them released so far?) but I can scan as many amiibo as I want per day?

This is going to turn into Breath of the Wild all over again isn't it? With treasure chests dropping out of the sky and littering the land... :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Oh cool, well I just gathered up... eleven Fire Emblem amiibo (I think that's all of them released so far?) but I can scan as many amiibo as I want per day?

This is going to turn into Breath of the Wild all over again isn't it? With treasure chests dropping out of the sky and littering the land... :rolleyes:

I'm not really sure how the item drops work. It says that items appear but I couldn't see any when I scanned the amiibo in just now. ::shrug: Yesterday they all appeared straight away as glowing green thingies on the ground next to me. 

I’ve played about eight hours now. Starting to understand a hell of a lot more, but far from everything. Exploring the Monastery is gradually teaching me what I need to know. But there is just so much.

I do have a question though...how does grinding work in this game please? I’m in Normal mode and I have permadeath switched on, it seems, as I’ve already lost a few of my students.

Tell ya what, it’s a good job I played both Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle and Octopath Traveler last summer otherwise I could have really struggled to get into this game. In fact, I probably would’ve skipped it altogether had I not experimented with those games first.

Edited by Tim B

1 minute ago, Tim B said:

I’ve played about eight hours now. Starting to understand a hell of a lot more, but far from everything. Exploring the Monastery is gradually teaching me what I need to know. But there is just so much.

I do have a question though...how does grinding work in this game please? I’m in Normal mode and I have permadeath switched on, it seems, as I’ve already lost a few of my students.

On one of free days instead of choosing to explore the monastery choose the battle option. The last battle on the list will use your activity point and end the day after the battle is over but if you choose the battle above that it is free to play without using a point. This means you can replay that battle as many times as you want in order to grind cash, character levels or equipment levels. Once you're ready to move on then just select the battle which I mentioned earlier, finish that and the day will end.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm not really sure how the item drops work. It says that items appear but I couldn't see any when I scanned the amiibo in just now. ::shrug: Yesterday they all appeared straight away as glowing green thingies on the ground next to me. 

I still get item drops and I don't rescan the Amiibos? They just respawn after a little while.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

I still get item drops and I don't rescan the Amiibos? They just respawn after a little while.

Ah, so once you scan them in it's then time based? Pretty sweet if that's the case as it saves constantly having to scan them.

Wait... so what you're saying is, if I were to scan in all one hundred amiibo figures I probably have, right now as I've just arrive at the Monastery then I'll get items from each of them, every day that I play the game and I won't have to rescan a single figure?

Well, I know what I'm doing for the rest of the evening then. ::shrug:

30 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Wait... so what you're saying is, if I were to scan in all one hundred amiibo figures I probably have, right now as I've just arrive at the Monastery then I'll get items from each of them, every day that I play the game and I won't have to rescan a single figure?

Well, I know what I'm doing for the rest of the evening then. ::shrug:

You get a message saying items are already spawning so you don't need to scan all 100. Apparently you get better items for scanning Fire Emblem Amiibos. I haven't closed the app so maybe that's why my items are still spawning but I have no idea how it works exactly and if they are meant to stop. You get music for scanning FE Amiibos as well though.

• Thanks 1

Fifteen hours in and the game really is wonderful to me. I’m in The Golden Deer house and the story has just gone a bit Phoenix Wright, which is nice. The battles tied to the main story really do have a great Mario vs. Rabbids feel to them, so this game is definitely scratching the itch I’ve had since finishing that last summer. I thought a sequel would’ve been announced by now.

Seems I was doing the optional/grinding battles almost by accident so my team is a little overpowered at the moment. I’m guessing that won’t always be the case.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tim B said:

Seems I was doing the optional/grinding battles almost by accident so my team is a little overpowered at the moment. I’m guessing that won’t always be the case.

That's how I am at the moment, although more than a little. :D I'm on chapter 8 and my team are all around the level 22 mark and some of them have even learnt their advanced job class already. I only had 2 Advanced Seals so I chose to promote Mercedes into a Bishop and Sylvain into a Paladin, both of which are absolute beasts. The Advanced Seals aren't available to buy in my shop yet but I nabbed one in a chest and I bought another from one of the online avatars that visited my game. I did manage to nab a Dark Seal from defeating a certain enemy but it seems I can't use that on Mercedes due to it being a male only class. :( 

I love being able to steamroll enemies. I entered my students into a couple of the weapon competitions and I was able to just sit back and watch as they wiped out all of their opponents one after another to bring home the trophy for the Blue Lion house. :p With my team being so OP, I tend to send out both Sylvain and Ingrid ( she's a Pegasus Knight ) right into the middle of the maps to draw out all of the enemies. They absorb the hits while the rest of my team surrounds and attacks them from the outside. Obviously this only works on the more open maps but it's been a fun way to play.

Speaking of maps, these are SO much better than the ones in Fire Emblem Echoes, which I recently played. On that game you were constantly met with maps that only had a single choking point but on here, at least so far, the maps have been much more open and you can attack the enemies in a number of different ways.

I'm starting to get into a nice routine of what I do on my free days. If there are activities to do then I will visit the monastery but if there's nothing special to play around with then i'll just do some battles/grinding. I don't really bother with Tea Time and instead opt to have meals with my students in order to get their motivation levels at max, ready for when I give them their lectures. If I have some spare time after that then I will usually do see one of the other professors and get some tutoring of my own. I need to start doing some fishing and gardening. I thought they used up an activity point, which is why i've neglected them, but apparently this isn't the case and they are free to do. I'll try this out this evening.

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

The sons a bitches have killed Jeralt! :cry:

I demand vengeance!!! :mad:

Dimitri knows my pain and I'm hoping he unleashes his dark streak and goes on a rampage with me.

As for other story bits and bobs, I don't trust Rhea or her church and haven't done for a few chapters now. Something is definitely going on....

I wasn't a fan when the game gave me another student for my squad. Said person was way below my current level and as such I just use them as fodder on my team. I hate it when RPGs do that. If they are going to stick a new character in your lineup then at least level them accordingly.

I've got a few more of my characters up to their advanced jobs now. The store in town finally started selling Advanced Seals so immediately stocked up on a bunch and then used them where I could. I also managed to raise my professor level up to rank B and this has granted me more activity points to play around with. :yay: 

Loving this. Love Fire Emblem.

But.

And I normally barely notice visuals but... we gonna touch on how butt ugly this game is? Especially wandering around the monastery, feels like a PS2 game.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shorty said:

And I normally barely notice visuals but... we gonna touch on how butt ugly this game is? Especially wandering around the monastery, feels like a PS2 game.

Why is PS2 always the go to for people to rag on for visuals?

I wish PS2 games looked that good.

• Thanks 1

I've only played up until the part where you first get to the monastery but when the first battle was taking place, it did remind me of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance on the GameCube.

That's not a bad thing though, I still think that Path of Radiance looks really nice, especially over component or HDMI. :D

Anyway, I can't wait to get back to playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses, hopefully I'll play some more of it after Smash... and Mario Kart.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Why is PS2 always the go to for people to rag on for visuals?

I wish PS2 games looked that good.

I just plucked out an era, it's not that the PS2 was better or worse than anything else at the time, just that we're several years beyond that level of tech now and I'd expect more.

We've just got these really flat textures, boxy buildings, bland skyboxes, poor draw distances. In an era when I'm used to hub worlds that look much more alive, the monastery looks like a fan game. Even anime-themed games from the last generation looked much better, like the Naruto games.

43 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I just plucked out an era, it's not that the PS2 was better or worse than anything else at the time, just that we're several years beyond that level of tech now and I'd expect more.

We've just got these really flat textures, boxy buildings, bland skyboxes, poor draw distances. In an era when I'm used to hub worlds that look much more alive, the monastery looks like a fan game. Even anime-themed games from the last generation looked much better, like the Naruto games.

For what it's worth, I do agree that Three Houses could stand to look a bit better.

You just reminded me of the amount of times I've read someone criticise a game by saying it looks like a PS2 game, and it's always a bit of a stretch.

• Thanks 1

My clock mentions I've been playing the game for 20 hours since Tuesday evening, probably more as I've used quite a few hard resets. I feel terrible now, but I'm absolutely loving the game. I'll post about my adventures later, but here's a question in the meantime:

Which characters should I recruit? I'm Black Eagles, and made a sensible decision to not just try to recruit more waifus, but waifus with classes that are missing in my current roster. Problem is, I think I want a Pegasus Knight, but in order to recruit I will need those skills myself, and I'm focussing on Sword, authority and faith. But I've read this can be somewhat overcome through supports. So what characters would you people suggest?

3 hours ago, Sméagol said:

My clock mentions I've been playing the game for 20 hours since Tuesday evening, probably more as I've used quite a few hard resets. I feel terrible now, but I'm absolutely loving the game. I'll post about my adventures later, but here's a question in the meantime:

Which characters should I recruit? I'm Black Eagles, and made a sensible decision to not just try to recruit more waifus, but waifus with classes that are missing in my current roster. Problem is, I think I want a Pegasus Knight, but in order to recruit I will need those skills myself, and I'm focussing on Sword, authority and faith. But I've read this can be somewhat overcome through supports. So what characters would you people suggest?

When I recruited Ingrid she came with the Pegasus Knight class equipped.

• Thanks 1

Chapter 7 is tough, your opponents are really strong and they can get boosted. Hubert being able to lower defence came in clutch.

On 01/08/2019 at 4:16 PM, Sméagol said:

So what characters would you people suggest?

I was considering making Flayn a Pegasus Knight.

• Thanks 1

On August 1, 2019 at 8:06 PM, Tales said:

When I recruited Ingrid she came with the Pegasus Knight class equipped.

Ingrid has been on my team from the start and is an absolute beast. She's currently a Falcon Knight and has no trouble sweeping around the map and wiping out units.

Spoiler

Interesting turn of events. I still don't trust Rhea but I don't trust what Edelgard is doing either, especially given who she has as her allies.

Was loving it when Dimitri just snapped and went on a rampage. 

Spoiler

Wow! The battle and then cutscene that follows in chapter 12 is amazing. I'm so happy I didn't pick the Black Eagle house now. Back stabbing SOBs.

Chapter 13 was fantastic. Seeing Dimitri looking all punished and MGSV Snake like was great. The battle afterwards was such a hype moment. The music and then the appearance of your old team mates made for an outstanding fight. 

I was GUTTED and very upset to find that Dedue was killed during the timeskip helping Dimitri escape. The bitch in charge of the Black Eagles is gonna pay.

The story in this game is just fantastic. I've still got a fair few chapters left and unless the game takes a complete nose dive I think this may be my favourite FE game.

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Dedue is alive!!:yay: Dude came out of nowhere in the middle of a battle and joined us to bring home the win. I'm so happy he survived.

I loved this battle. Taking down the Black Eagle members and their followers was very satisfying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this