NEurope
Serebii

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (May 19)

Just announced in the Direct

Based on the NES Fire Emblem Gaiden

Also amiibo

C2fEomoXgAIHzCk.jpg

Nice surprise, the original wasn't very good. They originally said it was inspired by Gaiden, but it looks like a remake? Was secretly hoping for a Bind Blade remake but this will do.

Good to see 3DS still getting supported. That's how you manage a platform when you are new one comes out .

Well that's a lovely surprise! They actually listened to me! :D The title "Fire Emblem Echoes" also makes me think that there are more remakes of Japan only FE games to come too ;)

Right then. This is the year I get into FE I guess! Going to try picking this, Awakening and Fates to try to get somewhat up to speed for next year's Switch release! :D

Wait, so there's gonna be a THIRD Fire Emblem 3DS game!?

Wow... Advance Wars diehards am cry.

Definitely the biggest news of the Direct, I'm actually super pumped for this game :yay: In fact, I haven't been this hyped for a new Fire Emblem since... Radiant Dawn, probably.

See, I've tried playing the original NES Gaiden a few times, and it's just frustrating. It has several interesting elements to it, like the promotion/shrine system, the town/dungeon segments, an entirely different take on equipment and spells... but the battles are slow, the interface was still in its clunky phase and the game expects you to grind on top of all that. All of it, flaws that can be fixed by a remake.

I also like the music from that game, so good thing we'll be hearing more of it remixed:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

You know what else has me excited? The art style. After the exaggerated and overdesigned characters of the last two games, I'm loving what we're seeing here. And the FMVs are absolutely gorgeous as well.

It's actually crazy to think that Alm and Celica, of all lords, are getting Amiibos. If you had told me 5 years ago about the state of the franchise today, I would not have believed you :heh:

It's actually crazy to think that Alm and Celica, of all lords, are getting Amiibos. If you had told me 5 years ago about the state of the franchise today, I would not have believed you :heh:

It's amazing how much of a Juggernaut this series has become over in the west. It's basically had 2 massive surges over here. The "Who the hell are these blokes?" moment in Smash Bros. Melee and Fire Emblem: Awakening literally stopping the series from perma-death!

LE announced for the US.

The Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Limited Edition bundle includes the game; a hardcover Valentia Artbook; a Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Sound Selection CD; a Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Pin Set depicting characters Alm, Celica and Marth; and a reversible cover sheet that looks like the packaging for the original Famicom game this new one is based on. It will be available at a suggested retail price of $59.99 at select retailers.

FEE_Bundle.jpg?download=1

New trailer.

EDIT: EU version getting a release as well.

[TWEET]844186846884052993[/TWEET]

Nice to see that we aren't getting screwed over like we did with the BOTW limited edition.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
Automerged Doublepost

LE announced for the US.

New trailer.

EDIT: EU version getting a release as well.

[TWEET]844186846884052993[/TWEET]

Nice to see that we aren't getting screwed over like we did with the BOTW limited edition.

Actually we are getting screwed over. We're not getting the Blu-ray with 1080p versions of all the cutscenes from Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Fates and Valentia like what Japan gets (and typically, that's the thing I wanted the most...)

Edited by Dcubed

Actually we are getting screwed over. We're not getting the Blu-ray with 1080p versions of all the cutscenes from Radiant Dawn, Awakening and Fates like what Japan gets (and typically, that's the thing I wanted the most...)

Is the US getting it? If not then I'm not too fussed. I just demand the same treatment as the rest of the West. As a rule we generally do get screwed over when it comes to Nintendo treating Japan differently.

The reversable cover with the original box art is pretty interesting, surprised they included that.

That collector's edition is very neat looking. Definitely going to pick it up (as long as I don't miss it!).

Is the US getting it? If not then I'm not too fussed. I just demand the same treatment as the rest of the West. As a rule we generally do get screwed over when it comes to Nintendo treating Japan differently.

There actually is a difference (besides the different box): the European version includes the Amiibos, whereas the American version doesn't.

Considering they unlock a dungeon of sorts, it's pretty significant.

Edited by Jonnas

Limited edition is now up for preorder over at Shopto. I highly recommend getting an early preorder in as the FE Fates limited edition had major stock issues

Limited edition is now up for preorder over at Shopto. I highly recommend getting an early preorder in as the FE Fates limited edition had major stock issues

Thanks. i got mine. :bouncy:

Woop I managed to pick it up earlier from Amazon! £75 is a tad pricey but then I can't remember how much I paid for Fates.

So the game has been leaked. Watch out for spoilers!

Look, at this point, if you get spoiled on a NES game, it's your fault for waiting so long.

Look, at this point, if you get spoiled on a NES game, it's your fault for waiting so long.

There's a lot of both new and changed content, actually. That's what's being spoiled right now.

The old, familiar stuff was being shown like it was no big deal :heh:

Speaking of old stuff, I don't think it was mentioned in this thread before, but the usual item/equipment system has been overhauled to better resemble the NES game (so, for example, it is now impossible to carry multiple weapons, or even to de-equip everything). Because of this, the vintage weapon triangle will not be a thing in this game.

So, that's a heads-up that this game will surely feel different to play than its immediate predecessors.

Edited by Jonnas