NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Engrave my phone/what would you put on yours?

So! For those who've seen my other bumped thread - need a new phone and considering the Moto G. Sexual Chocolate pointed out that you can actually get it slightly customised from Motorola themselves including a personalised message on boot for free, and for a fiver an engraving on the back of it.

Tbh I'm tempted even thought it's completely frivolous and unnecessary - but it got me to thinking what I should/would put on it. Then it got me to thinking what would YOU put on it?? What would you put on your own phone, if you could?

I'm currently thinking about whether I wanna go for something serious like a famous quote or something a bit more silly like a meme-related thing. I feel a bit of a pompous dick putting something serious on it even though it's really just for me, but I also think it's silly putting something too frivolous on it too! So essentially I'm definitely gonna do one or the other. I just don't know which yet!

So, tl;dr - if you could engrave a sentence or something on the back of your phone for a fiver - what would you go for?

(inb4 you wouldn't cos it's silly - that's exactly the point!)

My iPod Touch has "A Hutch To Trammel A Wild Thing" laser etched on the back. A Gandalf quote from The Two Towers where he describes Eowyn's plight in beautiful desolation. Analogous with many modern situations, too.

"Bum"

Why? Absolutely no reason.

Just realised they limit the engraving to a poxy 14 characters so Bum's looking the most likely! Bugger that. Still may have a opening message though at least.

If it had more space I was either gonna go with a quote I'd like, a good dumbledore quote, a zenyatta quote, or just something silly and meme-esque. Bit gutted to find out it's only 14 characters though, what the hell are you gonna do with that!

(other than Bum, of course :p)

If it had more space I was either gonna go with a quote I'd like, a good dumbledore quote, a zenyatta quote, or just something silly and meme-esque. Bit gutted to find out it's only 14 characters though, what the hell are you gonna do with that!

(other than Bum, of course :p)

"I is a phone!"

With 4 characters to spare. Booyah!

^ Doubt spaces would be exempt from the count (still fits but with only one character remaining ;)), which made the following more difficult than expected.

Appealing to your Overwatch side:

Nerf this

Winkyface

Need healing!

Push off...

It's High Noon

Open your mind

Gravity kills

Not dead yet

HeroesNeverDie

If you can do non-latin characters:

Mei:

谢谢 (Thank you)

「凍住,不許走!」(Freeze, don't move)

「冰牆,升起來吧!」 (Ice Wall Coming Up (lit: Raise, ice wall))

Ana:

وريهم قوتك (Show them your strength)

ده حيكون مؤلم (This is going to hurt)

Edited by Shorty

"Help me" or "Look behind you" seem like fun options too! :D

Oh no they don't.

I once got 'live hard die young' engraved on my iPod. Cringe.
Then, with my weird sense of humor, i think it would be funny to engrave my phone with "live young, die hard". ;)

Sign in to follow this