NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

State of Mind

Now also coming to Switch...

15977275_316208688780101_6827216024673440041_n.jpg?oh=46337a4542138745d6b630adac507418&oe=58D9A174

+++ State of Mind: Will be released also for Nintendo Switch +++

We're so excited to announce that #StateOfMind will not only appear for PC, Xbox One and PS4 consoles later this year, but is also planned for the latest Nintendo console! smile emoticon:)

Want to know more about State of Mind? Visit our website for screenshots & more information: http://www.daedalic.de/en/game/State_of_Mind

Wow, good to see this here. I heard of this game for the first time last month in a German gaming magazine. It's made by Daedalic, a German developer I'm quite fond of.

Kind of a weird feeling, that magazine had literally more info on this game than anything I could find on the internet. Made me nostalgic, to rely on a magazine for gaming news again.

Anyway, it's very curious to see Daedalic supporting the Switch. They're usually a PC-only developer (their specialty are Point&Clicks, after all), and they released the first console port of Deponia (a 2012 game) just last month.

It's interesting that they, of all developers, don't see the Switch as a risky venture.

The trailer doesn't give anything away regarding gameplay. According to the site, it's a 3rd person adventure. Looks unlike anything else from Daedelic, I also like their point & click adventures.

Anyway, it's very curious to see Daedalic supporting the Switch. They're usually a PC-only developer (their specialty are Point&Clicks, after all), and they released the first console port of Deponia (a 2012 game) just last month.

It's interesting that they, of all developers, don't see the Switch as a risky venture.

Well this was coming to all consoles, and now Switch has been added. Still good to have the support.

Well this was coming to all consoles, and now Switch has been added. Still good to have the support.

Yeah, I did notice that. I was referring more to the fact that even a company with little experience on making console ports thinks that making a Switch version is feasible.

It's a good sign that 3rd Parties aren't feeling alienated by it.

Was reminded that this releases this week and I'm eager to see reviews for it. I like the look and style of the game and although the bit of gameplay I did watch looked very pedestrian, I'm hoping that was simply because it was the opening sequence and so the tutorial. Very much in the mood for something to fill that Deus Ex shaped whole in terms of setting and narrative; I know this won't have that style of gameplay but I'm hoping the story and world can be a good substitute for that in its absence (though I really hope Square Enix let Eidos Montreal back on that franchise to give us the last game in that trilogy and one that isn't half baked).

Sign in to follow this