NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Project Octopath Traveller

37 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's a shame you can't play this because I think you'd love it.

Yeah, rub it in you cheeky git :p 

:( 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Luckily, when you're done with Cyrus' first chapter, Ophilia is right nearby and her healing skills are tops!

I survive about one or at most two turns in the forest leading to Ophilia, the area is level 15 and I'm only 7, not sure I can go that way to be honest

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I survive about one or at most two turns in the forest leading to Ophilia, the area is level 15 and I'm only 7, not sure I can go that way to be honest

You sure you're going the right way?

Don't go into the Whistlewood, that's an optional dungeon.

From North Atlasdam Flats, you need to head to Northern Flamesgrace Wilds. Have a look around.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You sure you're going the right way?

Don't go into the Whistlewood, that's an optional dungeon.

From North Atlasdam Flats, you need to head to Northern Flamesgrace Wilds. Have a look around.

Sorry about all the help, seems like I need it! Yes I went into Whistlewood assuming that was the right way, will head north instead

• Like 1

Having Therion in the team is hilarious. I've been buying stuff off of NPCs using Tressa's Purchase skill but now that I have Therion's Steal skill at my disposal I'm just going around nicking everything from them. I think I'll fast travel to the previous towns to see what else I can pilfer. :D 

11 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Sorry about all the help, seems like I need it! Yes I went into Whistlewood assuming that was the right way, will head north instead

It's cool. The World Map isn't the easiest to read.

But once I realised that the roads is how it shows you what connects to what, it got a lot easier.

Don't forget about the signposts you come across, they help to get your bearings.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

It's cool. The World Map isn't the easiest to read.

But once I realised that the roads is how it shows you what connects to what, it got a lot easier.

Don't forget about the signposts you come across, they help to get your bearings.

Yeah eventually noticed the signposts. Just did Ophelia's intro chapter, I stupidly used like 4 or 5 full HP revives in that battle, then when I didn't use any more and I won the fight, Ophelia didn't get an XP, D'OH. Never mind.

I came across my first secondary job this morning. I didn't realise you could find them so early on.

I'm still working my way though the chapter 1 stories. My team are all around the level 35 mark, with the expections of Therion who is level 25. I'm going to grind until he is level 30 and then move on to grab my next character. Methinks Tressa and company will be at least level 40+ before I even start the second chapters! :D 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm still working my way though the chapter 1 stories. My team are all around the level 35 mark, with the expections of Therion who is level 25. I'm going to grind until he is level 30 and then move on to grab my next character. Methinks Tressa and company will be at least level 40+ before I even start the second chapters! :D 

@Ronnie This is how you play RPGs :p 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

@Ronnie This is how you play RPGs :p 

Haha. This way of playing certainly isn't for everyone and I can see why people wouldn't enjoy doing it.

It's weird, I've always got a joy and satisfaction out of grinding levels in JRPGs. It's why I enjoy playing them on handhelds because I can just go on auto pilot and grind away while watching some TV.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I came across my first secondary job this morning. I didn't realise you could find them so early on.

giphy.gif

I don't think I could ever get used to your crazy grinding! For reference sake, I've done 3 Chapter 3 stories now and 7 of my characters have only just reached Level 40.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's weird, I've always got a joy and satisfaction out of grinding levels in JRPGs. It's why I enjoy playing them on handhelds because I can just go on auto pilot and grind away while watching some TV.

I'm the same, as most of you probably know. 

To some, grinding levels is boring but I like it. It's weird. I don't even need to do anything else. Just watch the screen and beat the shit out of enemies. :D 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I'm the same, as most of you probably know. 

To some, grinding levels is boring but I like it. It's weird. I don't even need to do anything else. Just watch the screen and beat the shit out of enemies. :D 

Oh no, I totally get it. I don't mind grinding one bit, (I have over 100 Lv100 competitively trained Pokemon on Ultra Sun to prove it) especially in this game. Something about the combination of the great battle system and the awesome lighting and sound effects make it so satisfying to play.

15322491031799846.gif?1532249115

Breaking enemies with a multi hitting attack never gets old.

It's just that I've found that running everywhere and fighting everything is enough grinding for me so far.

Edited by Glen-i

What the hell!? I've somehow just had 3 random battles in a row where a Cait appeared. Needless to say my team went up a few levels very quickly. :D 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What the hell!? I've somehow just had 3 random battles in a row where a Cait appeared. Needless to say my team went up a few levels very quickly. :D 

It's like the game's got the measure of you and is throwing you a bone!

• Haha 2

Apparently S-E managed to get more stock of the game into Japanese stores over the weekend but all of them sold out again within 3 hours. The thirst for the game is real.

• Like 1

I've just nabbed Alfyn for my team. That leaves H'aanit to recruit and then I can move forward on to chapter 2.

I'm not a fan of Alfyn or more that I'm not a fan of his job/class. I've never liked this kind of class in JRPGs and this remains true for Octopath. 

Now, time to grind him to level 30. Tressa is now on level 39 so she is certainly gonna reach 40 before I move forward.

I picked up another secondary job earlier. Having two people who can cast spells decimates groups of enemies. It's so much fun. :D 

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm not a fan of Alfyn or more that I'm not a fan of his job/class. I've never liked this kind of class in JRPGs and this remains true for Octopath. 

And his class is.......?

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

And his class is.......?

Play the game and find out. :p 

Nah, he's an apothecary. Mixing items and then using them in battle is no fun. There's probably some great game breaking stuff that you can mix but at the moment he's pretty rubbish.

Just ran into another Cait! :bouncy:

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Play the game and find out. :p 

giphy.gif

Nah, he's an apothecary. Mixing items and then using them in battle is no fun.

Agree. Worst class in RPG history.

• Haha 1

I really regretted not buying this on release, but hopefully I've secured myself a copy now.

Priority One - get some muscle (Olberic).  Priority Two - get some healing back-up (Ophilia).  Priority Three - add the elemental (Cyrus).

2 minutes ago, Grazza said:

I really regretted not buying this on release, but hopefully I've secured myself a copy now.

Priority One - get some muscle (Olberic).  Priority Two - get some healing back-up (Ophilia).  Priority Three - add the elemental (Cyrus).

Good to see you're picking it up. I think you'll enjoy it.

Solid character choices right there. 

• Like 1

Really frustrating when one of your party has passed out and you unexpectedly beat a boss and he/she doesn't get XP

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Really frustrating when one of your party has passed out and you unexpectedly beat a boss and he/she doesn't get XP

How goes your team building? Have you picked up any new characters?

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

How goes your team building? Have you picked up any new characters?

Picked up Ophelia and H'annit, they're both good and seem to complement Cyrus really well. What about you, have you seen everyone now? Am I right in thinking that you find 8 characters but can only have a team of 4 at any one time? I guess it helps to keep swapping people in and out to level them up.

Sign in to follow this