NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Glen-i

Project Octopath Traveller

You're slipping @Serebii

No release date yet. Made by the people who did Bravely Default and Bravely Second.

I'm very intrigued by this, looks really cool!

You're slipping @Serebii

No release date yet. Made by the people who did Bravely Default and Bravely Second.

I'm very intrigued by this, looks really cool!

This had me really intrigued too! Hopefully we'll see more of it at E3 :D

The graphics are brilliant. The knight on the horse is the sort of high-res pixel art I hoped we'd see one day.

Personally, I hope this isn't too much like Bravely Default, especially the battle system. However, it certainly has a lot of potential. In theory, we should also be able to buy the Japanese version if we want.

I really liked the style too. It's a shame that it's basically at pre-alpha stage right now though.

Will be buying day one if I have a Switch, probably the thing that caught most of my interest out of the games announced.

I'm not big on JRPGs but this definitely looks interesting. This also confirms a theory I've had that there would probably less technically demanding games to extend the battery life, which I was also hoping for.

The lighting looks amazing, but the female characters...

In the video still the woman on the left looks like she's got aubergine breasts and I'm pretty sure the woman on the right is breaking her spine.

Square Enix's TGS 2017 line-up has been announced, which includes a Project Octopath Traveller presentation on September 23rd at 09:55 JST.

Definitely one I'm excited for, the art style looks great! 

• Like 3

Its not coming out this year is it though? we've just not seen enough of it for it to come out anywhere before march

New trailer:

Slated for 2018. though no specific date.
But get the demo from the E-shop RIGHT NOW!

• Like 1

Quite early for a demo but it looks sooooo good! I'm looking forward to trying the demo.

However, it seems quite slow (walking around, text and such), is that just me?

17 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Quite early for a demo but it looks sooooo good! I'm looking forward to trying the demo.

However, it seems quite slow (walking around, text and such), is that just me?

The voices are faster than the text and it's really annoying me.

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Dat Battle Music though! It's positively unhealthy how good it is!

I've yet to play the demo so I gave the vid a watch. Yup, that's an awesome battle theme right there.

Just played the demo, and I really enjoyed it. Has a really distinctive look, but I'm more interested in the promise of the framing device, which is 8 different characters that you can either choose as your protagonist or pick up as members of your party during the course of the game. It has the capacity to pull off something like Rashomon where a story is told from different perspectives with each character giving a personalised account.

Hope it actually lives up to that promise.

On 1/14/2017 at 1:47 AM, Grazza said:

The graphics are brilliant. The knight on the horse is the sort of high-res pixel art I hoped we'd see one day.

Personally, I hope this isn't too much like Bravely Default, especially the battle system. However, it certainly has a lot of potential. In theory, we should also be able to buy the Japanese version if we want.

I hated the characters, story and tone of Bravely Default, but dude its battle system was incred.

Why cant I find the demo on the eshop?

EDIT: Never mind, found it.

Edited by Happenstance

Yeah I really enjoyed the demo. I was already sold on the looks obviously, but the music is great as well. And the gameplay is good oldfashioned JRPG fun. Wasn't sure if that kind of gameplay still appeals to me actually, but either it does, or it's simply been long enough that I've played such a game. I do actually really like the break and boost mechanics.

My only complaint so far.. The interface could be a lot more responsive in my opinion.. Eventhough apparently I have a taste for oldfashioned turnbased JRPGs, I want the menus and the game in general to be quicker and respond more immediate.

Played Primrose's story, and I'll leave it at that. I'll save the rest for the actual game, which is a guaranteed pre-order.

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

Played Primrose's story, and I'll leave it at that. I'll save the rest for the actual game, which is a guaranteed pre-order.

Same, not sure if I beat her story since the game continued on after but I think I've played enough to know I like the game.

Primrose's story is really dark.

Does anyone else feel guilty challenging the villagers to a duel?  They're so much weaker than you, it just feels wrong! :hehe: Still, perhaps it's part of the story to build them up.

4 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Does anyone else feel guilty challenging the villagers to a duel?  They're so much weaker than you, it just feels wrong! :hehe: Still, perhaps it's part of the story to build them up.

Speak for yourself.. That captain of the guard or something kicked my ass. Though I just recruited Olberic, so he had no experience whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Grazza said:

I did but then it ended up completing a side quest so I felt a bit less guilty. Except for the old man who is still knocked out on the ground. 

Sign in to follow this