NEurope
Mr-Paul

Will you be getting a Switch at launch?

Will you be getting a Switch at launch?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be getting a Switch at launch?

My rational mind says I should wait.

My fanboy-mind is clinging on onto my pre-order I've had since July, and I pity the fool who tries to take it from me.

So, against all better judgement: Yes. Yes, I will.

Yep, my pre-order is in.

Like virtually the entire world the whole setup does seem over the top price wise.

But its new Hardware with new Zelda!

No. The only game that interests me is Zelda, which I can buy for my Wii U. I was interested in buying Mario Kart 8 but its not out until Spring and all signs point to them charging full price for it, which if they are, then I won't be buying that too.

It pretty much just leaves Splatoon 2...although Nintendo charging for Online has even made me want that a little less.

Maybe lauch-ish, definitely within the 1st year. I definitely want to play Zelda, Splatoon 2, MK 8 on the move, and Puyo-Tetris in English but I might wait until there's at least 2 or 3 things for it I want to play.

If I can get a Splatoon 2 bundle for £300 I'd take the plunge. Otherwise it's a Christmas sale purchase, we as the consumer decide how much we will pay at the end of the day.

I'm waiting until as close as I can to the release to make a decision, in the hope that more information/games/bundles will be announced. I don't like the idea of buying the console for one game now and one closer to Christmas and that being all I can count on. Not fussed about online play as I've always felt consoles are for playing with people in the same room.

I don't think the price is much of an issue compared to other consoles or PC components. Perhaps we got a bit spoiled with how cheap the Gamecube and Wii were.

Preordered mine today, along with Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition of course), Skylanders Imaginators, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, LEGO CITY Undercover, Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey!

Will probably end up buying quite a few more of the announced games, too. Especially very interested in learning more about Fire Emblem Warriors.

Edited by FireMeowth

I'm huge nintendo fan since N64. But after SNES their every home console was a failure.

1. Ditching discs for cartridges? Ok cool, less loading time, but the game s are 13.4 gb and a drive is 32gb? With OS and few udpates that means i can get 2 games on top installed??

2. Paying for online? Which is not even functional and I need to use phone app for chat? Really?

3. Weak lineup. So we get last gen zelda, couple of retarded mini games for 60$? Oh and yes ports from last system such as Mario Kart. with brand new feature! Battle mode! which should've been included from the beginning in wiiu version anyway. Oh and yes. Skyrim. 6year old game with last gen graphics and no additional features from new enchanced editions. nice!

4. No default games on system? So I buy a console and don't get anything?

Not even 12 switch which should't even considered as a game.

5. Weak ass console, with wiiu compatibilities which specs were laughable even in its time. So we get PS3 hybrid console, specs-wise which is 11 years old. Nice!

6. No wiiu compatibility? I skipped last gen and I dont even get to play those games?

7. No miiverse and streetpass? Well lets just strip everything from the console.

8. Millions of dollars for additional controllers and features.

This isnt a brand that made my childhood awesome. This is some money grabbing company. No wonder they made Mario run on iOS for 10$.

So my vote goes for a big NO if they dont announce something good like metroid, backward compatibility, or at least something NEW. That anime kid like xenoblade is a no for me.

I'm so dissapointed :angry:

Ordered a switch (well 5 currently, need to figure out what I'm doing), pro, Zelda, wheels and accessories. I'll hopefully get bomberman too as long as it's under £30.

I think if online isn't quite as bad as it sounds and they announce shed loads of games at e3. It MIGHT sell well. But as things stand this could be a huge bomb!! Shame as it looks incredible.

Ordered a switch (well 5 currently, need to figure out what I'm doing)

The dark side would sell the other 4 to pay for the next 5 years of Switch gaming.

I am quite disappointed on a few fronts with this, but you know, honestly, I'm glad, because rationally I need to wait at least a year :D I'm stuck on a plane for most of March the 2nd, I don't know that central America will be getting any units in, so there's no point in me pre-ordering anyway.

I hope they don't have any units in... if I see one in the wild I may just break :s

Got one preordered along with Zelda and a pro controller. Plus I'll probably end up buying FAST RMX and Bomberman.

Although I'm not super impressed with the launch lineup, there appears to be enough to keep me occupied from month to month Zelda-Mario Kart-Rime-Splatoon2.

I may even purchase Skyrim, as I think I might be one of the only people left on the planet who has never played it (or morrowind).

I'm sure like many are, looking forward to Zelda. But i'm also excited to play Bomberman online. The last time I played Bomberman was on the SNES many years ago now and I can remember it being a fun game.

The dark side would sell the other 4 to pay for the next 5 years of Switch gaming.

Nah. Couldn't do it. I need to decide which of the coloured/grey one I want, but also more of a backup in case shopto or whoever let me down. I don't approve of scalping and I won't partake.

Good on you. I think with the price scalping won't be AS big of an issue anyway. I hope so, hate seeing unscrupulous people taking advantage of people with more money than sense. It's legal thievery.

I don't really like the red and blue combo... not sure why exactly. For me the choice would be simple, the grey one. However, having two distinct colours would be useful in multiplayer situations.

One advantage of missing out on launch is the hope of different colours :)

I may even purchase Skyrim, as I think I might be one of the only people left on the planet who has never played it (or morrowind).

In that case, switch (Ah! Horrible pun totally intended) "may even" with "MUST" ;)

No, you're not. Maybe we should start a club?

For those purchasing are you purchasing to use a home console or handheld first?

Me it's as a handheld and I feel like the games are will be developed with that in mind first which means when docked the graphical fidelity may not change much simply because they will want to make sure the undocked mode performs well.

If the docked mode doesn't see much of an upgrade from undocked would you be disappointed?

For those purchasing are you purchasing to use a home console or handheld first?

Home console for me. I've never been much of a portable guy so this will stay docked the majority of the time and when its not its because I felt like sitting downstairs on the sofa for a bit.

Sorry, no I don't have a spare £300+ (console plus game, extras..) lying around.

If money was no object then of course!

I'm seriously tempted by the hardware. I think I'll definitely be getting it 1 year down the line, even if it stays full price, hopefully when some more games come out for it.

Me it's as a handheld and I feel like the games are will be developed with that in mind first which means when docked the graphical fidelity may not change much simply because they will want to make sure the undocked mode performs well.

If the docked mode doesn't see much of an upgrade from undocked would you be disappointed?

Probably both quiet evenly actually. I actually play my Wii U off tv quite a bit. Great for watching something in the background, or when the TV is busy; plus I'll probably take it out and about quite a bit.

A bit of both to be quite honest. Of course, where I can, I want to play at home to enjoy it on the big screen, but because of my consistency of constantly travelling this year (2 hours a weekend of trains, hours on coaches during the week, and heck, a few 24 hour flights this summer) I'll probably end up using it more on the go than at home just due to the nature of how things are :hmm:

All I know is that come the evening (might even book the whole day off) of Friday 3rd of March I will be nose deep-head down on the Switch seated on the toilet, spanning the camera over a high plateau in BOTW... before taking it to the big screen for some HD goodness and surround sound...Good times incoming. ^_______^

After playing today, it's more likely for me. The hardware is amazing and I can swallow the higher-than-expected price point a little easier now. Zelda feels fantastic on it, 1,2 Switch is really fun (and joining my collection on day one if I can find it at a decent price) and Arms, Splatoon 2, Snipperclips and Mario Kart are all looking truly solid for the next few months as well. Consider me slightly less bummed out after my hands on.

After my initial dissapoinment after the conference and being put off by the price, I've placed a pre order on the Nintendo store.

Think I might write a bit of an in depth article about it for the site but I showed my Mrs the videos on the eshop yesterday and she convinced me to do it; She said how fun it looked and while i can play BOTW as "my game" as it were, we can play snippy Clippers and hopefully Rayman Legends again as well at launch.

The accessories are a bit of a put off in price so I'm just going console, memory card and will get those games mentioned initially, then Odyssey and Splatoon 2.

Oh and a house, a house this year too...

I just hope to get it as soon as possible. I know it's expensive, but I want to have time to play the games properly and with Zelda, Fast, MK and ARMS coming soon after the launch, I can't wait for to long.