NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

content-4-36217-splatoon2specialdemobanner.jpg

Splatoon 2 Special Demo goes live tomorrow on the Nintendo Switch eShop

A good chance to try out the online modes in Splatoon 2 if you don't own the game already.

There will be a third off the game until 10/05/2020 as well.

Plus that Splatfest at the end of May.

It would be a good move if they decide to discount the Octo Expansion separately as well, if so then I might finally buy it. :p

The expansion is 25% off in this week’s sales.

Sorry, my mistake, it’s a Splatoon 2 + the expansion is 25% off, not the expansion by itself. Strange they don’t do it, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Thanks 2

The Mayonnaise vs Ketchup Splatfest is now live, for anyone that forgot :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another bonus Splatfest is inbound, and after that 2 more are coming before the end of March 2021. It sounds like they are all reruns of previous Splatfests, with the next one being the chicken-or-egg one.

And here I was thinking there was a solid possibility for Splatoon 3 in 2020.

• Thanks 3

I hope splatoon 3 comes with the next console! and that I actually get it this time

*bump* Forgot to mention this earlier but the Octo Expansion is on sale from €19,99 to €13,99 in the eShop. I think it's the first time this DLC is on sale. The sale runs until tomorrow midnight.

Won't bump the other thread for it but the Fire Emblem Warriors DLC has the same discount.

• Thanks 1

I decided that this would be the next game I play on my hit list for the year.

GI0Mk85XIAA13RN?format=jpg&name=medium

I honestly have no idea why it's taken me so long to play through the story mode of the game. I loved the campaign in both the original Splatoon and Splatoon 3 and was keen to see how this one held up in comparison. The credits rolled for me yesterday evening.

Spoiler

GI58BNvaAAAXFpI?format=jpg&name=large

GI58BNwaQAAG0l-?format=jpg&name=large

GI58BNzaMAE11kS?format=jpg&name=large

GI58BNzakAASNK1?format=jpg&name=large

GI58SxmaMAAkuUg?format=jpg&name=large

GI58SxxaQAAtytG?format=jpg&name=large

GI58Sx7aoAAchos?format=jpg&name=large

GI58h9dacAApzwK?format=jpg&name=large

Another very enjoyable experience, with some great level designs. However, I do think it has the weakest campaign out of the 3 games. Don't get me wrong, the levels are still stupidly fun to play through and the music is great as always, it's just that the highs from the other 2 games weren't really reached with this one. 

While watching the credits, which were great due to you needing to paint the wall to see who has worked on the game, I noticed this.

GI58Sxna0AEY9Fb?format=jpg&name=large

I swear Monolith have their hands on every game that comes out of Nintendo these days. They are such a great studio, not only for their own output but the support work they do for other internal teams. They have to be one of the best acquisitions in the gaming industry.

Despite the credits rolling, I'm not counting this as done yet and I'm not crossing it off my Gaming Pledge list. As you can see below, I still have things left to unlock/find in each of the stages.

GI58h9ZbkAApEAa?format=jpg&name=large

There's also the added challenge of finish every stage with all 9 weapons. This would mean finishing the campaign 9 times. 

Am I crazy enough to attempt this? Time will tell...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Hero of Time are you going to play the Octo Expansion? The DLC  is much, much better than the standard campaign.

14 minutes ago, Cube said:

@Hero of Time are you going to play the Octo Expansion? The DLC  is much, much better than the standard campaign.

Possibly. I'll see how I get on with the rest of my playthrough.

2 hours ago, Cube said:

The DLC  is much, much better than the standard campaign.

Yep. :)

It also has a ludicrously difficult final boss battle that I thoroughly enjoyed, despite my struggle to defeat it: :D 

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Am I crazy enough to attempt this? Time will tell...

I was crazy enough to do this, back when I played Splatoon 2 regularly

GI82Hu2a0AA3wEo?format=jpg&name=large

I enjoyed this game so much i wanted to do/unlock everything in it but half way through playing the same stages over and over again, It did start to feel a little tedious. I've not played Splatoon 2 in a good couple of years (although your post just now inspired me to fire it up and play one game!) and it's so much fun. I got my fill of the series between this and the first game, so I never felt any reason to buy Splatoon 3. Although recently I was thinking about it.

• Like 2

I would definitely recommend the 3rd game, @Helmsly, even just for the story mode. It has a cracking campaign to play through. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The Octo Expansion DLC is part of the Nintendo Online Expansion Pak @Hero-of-Time, so if you sub for a month you won't even have to buy it. I'm with those who say it's a good time. It was the groundwork for the Splatoon 3 main campaign and has a lot of the same features / gameplay elements you find there.

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

The Octo Expansion DLC is part of the Nintendo Online Expansion Pak @Hero-of-Time, so if you sub for a month you won't even have to buy it. I'm with those who say it's a good time. It was the groundwork for the Splatoon 3 main campaign and has a lot of the same features / gameplay elements you find there.

I actually own it. I bought it on sale a while back but never got around to playing it. 

There's a few bits of DLC that I wouldn't mind playing through (Mario Kart, Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 2) and so I may free up some time during one month and just focusing on playing all of this stuff. Still need to pick up the DLC for Xenoblade 3 and Splatoon 3 though. I really should have pulled the trigger on the XB3 DLC the other month when it was on sale. It's rare for Nintendo published stuff to be reduced in price.

On 18/03/2024 at 11:58 AM, Helmsly said:

I enjoyed this game so much i wanted to do/unlock everything in it but half way through playing the same stages over and over again, It did start to feel a little tedious.

Having now fully done the first couple of worlds, as well as half of world 3, I can see what you mean. The first couple of worlds are filled with stages that are pretty quick to get through but once world 3 hits the game starts throwing stages at you that are 6-7 minutes long as opposed to ones that are 2-3. I was trying to figure out the best way to go about going through the stages. I first tried just picking one weapon and going through each stage one at a time but then figured it would probably be more efficient to stay on the same stage and do it over and over again. At least that way I learn the level inside and out and by the end of it I can race through it.

Despite it sounding a little tedious, I'm still enjoying it though. It does highlight just how strong the level design is when you can play through the stages 9 times but in different ways. Also, when going through a stage multiple times, it's quite fun to try and beat my previous time and see what weapon works best for the level layout. I'm usually surprised just how fast I can get through a stage with the roller, which is baffling considering it's my least favourite of the weapons. I'm more of a run and gun type of player and so the Hero Shot and Dualies are my two favs.

• Like 1

I've officially joined Helmsley in doing the crazy thing of finishing each stage with every weapon and collecting all the collectables.

GJh4LbHbsAA2AAq?format=jpg&name=large

GJh4LbJa4AAbU68?format=jpg&name=large

GJh4LbHa4AAT0ey?format=jpg&name=large

GJh4LbKbkAAGbKC?format=jpg&name=large

GJh4VuHbUAA0DVn?format=jpg&name=large

GJh4Vt9bcAAb1C5?format=jpg&name=large

GJh4VuUbYAAOuFd?format=jpg&name=large

GJh4VuMakAAEws-?format=jpg&name=large

Was a fun time and quite challenging in places. Some of the later stages required me to change my play style to accommodate the weapon I used. Certainly kept me on my toes.

One more Gaming Pledge game crossed off the list.

GJh4fg7XsAAvcZ7?format=jpg&name=medium

Two to go....