NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

Inclined to go Chaos, despite also wanting to team up with Marina, especially for this last one. :blank:

I'll try to play Friday. Not sure if I'll be around much on Saturday.

23 minutes ago, Ike said:

The posters are sold out.

:blank:

So when were they going to tell me?

Anyway, I'll order the t-shirts (before they too sell out).

Got the code for the posters yesterday and ordered them this morning, so I hope they still come! 

Got some Splatfest games in this morning. Decided on Team Order, first of all to counter all these Area 51 storming millennials who want to see the world burn, but also so I could post this gif:

tenor.gif?itemid=13286953

:D

• Haha 2

Man I SUCK at this game now 😂

Had a lot of fun playing the Splatfest so far. Some of the shifty station levels are so good, unlocking gates and the like, very creative. I’m almost an Order King and will be playing a bit more tonight and tomorrow if anyone wants to join in the fun. 

Phew, took me a while to get back into this, got there in the end though: :hehe: 

This was a cool moment:

That Shifty Station is awesome! :cool: 

So long, Splatfests. :bowdown:

• Like 1

That Shifty Station looks awesome! Is that Marina in the middle?

I wish I could play it, but I've got Humpback Pump Track 6 times in a row... level rotation sometimes is super bad.

51 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Is that Marina in the middle?

It’s Pearl.

Spoiler

They basically turned the epic finale from Octo Expansion into a Shifty Station gimmick! :cool: 

53 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

level rotation sometimes is super bad.

Tell me about it. :sad: 

As much as I love this game, playing through the Splatfest also reminded me of just how messed up some aspects of Splatoon 2 still are. Here’s hoping they really nail it with Splatoon 3.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

Man I SUCK at this game now 😂

Had a lot of fun playing the Splatfest so far. Some of the shifty station levels are so good, unlocking gates and the like, very creative. I’m almost an Order King and will be playing a bit more tonight and tomorrow if anyone wants to join in the fun. 

I'll be playing in a bit. Need the last 500 points or so. I'm on Team Order.

man I just got back into this game after a long time away I was on team  Chaos

Damn, I thought the Splatfest ended this evening... Turns out it was 3pm. I made it to Order King, but We lost.

Congrats Team Chaos, bring on Splatoon 1.5.1 :grin:

• Like 1

Posters are back up on the store. Go to My Nintendo first to get a code.

Update Ver 5.0.0 will most likely be the last significant update to Splatoon 2, they've added the Splatest maps to Private games among other things

Changes to Private Battle

“Turf War (Splatfest)” has been added to the modes available in Private Battle.

Selecting “Turf War (Splatfest)” will result in the following changes:

Stage music and animations will be those used during a Splatfest.

The 24 Shifty Station stages used in previous Splatfests will be available to select as multiplayer stages.

Team ink colors can be selected from among the color combinations used in all previous Splatfests.

Changes to Gear“Splatfest Tee Replica” has been added as new gear.

After applying the update you can acquire this gear by pressing A in front of the cardboard box that appears in Inkopolis Square.

The Splatfest Tee Replica differs from standard gear in the following ways:

As with the Splatfest Tee, the Splatfest Tee Replica’s primary gear ability is “Ability Doubler”.

Its appearance changes to match the ink color of the player’s team.

While playing in “Turf War (Splatfest)” in Private Battle, if any player has this gear equipped, it will cause their team’s Splatfest Team Name to appear as the match is beginning.

Changes to Multiplayer

Adjusted the position of clams that appear during a match of Clam Blitz for all stages.

tumblr_pvgy17kpu71u3akyno3_1280.jpg

They've also made a number of changes to the maps, full list on NoA's site:

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 2

Anyone who ordered the t-shirt gets theirs? My tracking number still doesn't work.

It's going slowly. I ordered both, but they didn't ship at the same time. My first shipment e-mail I got..  Almost a week ago, last Friday. Tracking number works but doesn't have any info. Second shipment e-mail I got Monday. It indicates it's still in Deutschland.

Received one of them.. The last one shipped, luckily the best one (Pearl / Chaos). The other.. Still in Germany according to the tracking info.

I picked up Splatoon 2 with the Octo expansion as I loved the first. The regular campaign was as enjoyable as the first game (which was an unexpected surprise as I didn't expect much from the solo mode in the first). Need to fully get everything in it.

The Octo expansion, however, I absolutely loved. It felt like a fully fledged single player mode. Lots of great levels each focusing on a couple of aspects of the game, the difficult ones felt rewarding (well, so far). 

I completed 79 levels before doing the final missions and the "boss". I must say, I'd really love some more story based missions in a more "real" environment like those ones in the last game. 

As for the single last mission...it's immensely tough, had 20 attempts before moving on (on one, I was 0.75 seconds away). Looking online, it seems like lots of people found this tough. Damn you Spice Girls!

Does anyone still do any online Splatoon? Going to level up online as part of my "completion" of the game. It's a massive shame I missed all of the splatfests.

I haven't played Splatoon 2 in a good while. I always liked doing the horde mode. It was only avalible at certian times on certian days though >_>

Well how about that, they’re bringing back/redoing a Splatfest

there's also going to be a demo soon as well as a discount on the game: 

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1

Maybe mayo will win this time.

Edit:

I might be up for it.

Edited by Sméagol

content-4-36217-splatoon2specialdemobanner.jpg

Splatoon 2 Special Demo goes live tomorrow on the Nintendo Switch eShop

A good chance to try out the online modes in Splatoon 2 if you don't own the game already.

There will be a third off the game until 10/05/2020 as well.

Plus that Splatfest at the end of May.

It would be a good move if they decide to discount the Octo Expansion separately as well, if so then I might finally buy it. :p