NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

11 minutes ago, DuD said:

Is anyone still on? 

I am. I'm up for Salmon run, otherwise I'll probably going to play something else.

A shame I missed most of it, but I hadn't eaten yet haha.

Played a little on the way to work this morning... gave the umbrella weapon a go.

Oh that’s a beastly weapon! I was getting kills galore and painting the place loads.

You can now choose a side for Splatfest. Which means it's time to try and desperately get some groups together. Because Splatfest is better with friends.

DhJiZguXkAEhVno-noscale.jpg

RACE WAR!

In an utterly bizarre move, Nintendo have decided to pit Inklings against Octolings in full out Civil War. They've only been here a bloody month and it's already gotten this bad! I blame Trump. Still, Splatfest must be fought and you're just gonna have to be flat out racist in 2 weeks.

Dhfq39aUEAAhzyO.jpg

You're damn right, Marina.

• Splatfest starts on Saturday 21st at 3pm and continues for 24 hours. (UK Time)
  • Each Group needs 4 people in order to form a team.
  • To sign up, declare what team you're on and when you'll be available.
  • If 4 people are available at the same time, you're good to go!

Team Off the Octopuses

@Glen-i Available all of Saturday

Team Squids Suck

2 weeks should be more than enough time for you to figure out when you can play. Get to it.

Edited by Glen-i

On 06/07/2018 at 6:07 AM, Glen-i said:

Those salmon runs were brutal. I agree the scope and charge weapons are terrible. Or I'm just bad at using them.

I'll be team squidward.

• Thanks 1

Whereas there have been improvements over the first, this still needs more quality of life improvements to truly make it a great.

After a few games I get bored playing it. I get fed up of the two courses and not being able to switch weapons between spawns - between rounds in the lobby was a welcome change but still not quite the change that was needed.

Although I love the soundtrack, I think they should ditch the made up language, and go for Japanese (and localise it in English if you need to). I really think this would increase the hype if they have some J-pop accompanying the game that would genuinely fit in their charts. Not to mention the real-life Pearl and Marina both look pretty good as well!

12 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Although I love the soundtrack, I think they should ditch the made up language, and go for Japanese (and localise it in English if you need to). I really think this would increase the hype if they have some J-pop accompanying the game that would genuinely fit in their charts. Not to mention the real-life Pearl and Marina both look pretty good as well!

Do you mean ditch the language in this video or the whole game.

Because if it's the game you want it ditched in, then I can't agree.

Anyway, who's up for some post MK Splatoon tonight?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sméagol said:

No way, man! The cheese would be unbearable if that was the case. :D The made up language and voice FX need to stay.

Can’t disagree with your last point though. ;);) 

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Anyway, who's up for some post MK Splatoon tonight?

I’m really into Mercenary Kings at the moment, but I might pop on for a bit of Splatoon. Put me down as a maybe.

I should be able to play tonight as well.

a new map and weapons are on the way for tomorrow:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Gonna go Salmon Run then. Unless more people show up.

Password is 4444.

EDIT: @Helmsly, you coming?

SECOND EDIT: OK, 10 minutes is enough waiting. Let's go.

Edited by Glen-i

This is gonna be my last game. Thanks for the games @Ike

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Do you mean ditch the language in this video or the whole game.

Because if it's the game you want it ditched in, then I can't agree.

16 hours ago, RedShell said:

No way, man! The cheese would be unbearable if that was the case. :D The made up language and voice FX need to stay.

Can’t disagree with your last point though. ;);) 

I meant for the whole game, and I wouldn't mind myself obviously, that said, I guess I'd miss all the cute noises they make too, like the almost but not quite "Thank you!" and stuff. But I really think having at least an Japanese (and in addition English) version of the songs that have "lyrics" would help increase the hype and help marketing in that regard.

Anyway, I would have joined if I were at home. I'm probably there next week. And I want to see both new maps then! 

Edited by Sméagol

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Gonna go Salmon Run then. Unless more people show up.

Password is 4444.

EDIT: @Helmsly, you coming?

SECOND EDIT: OK, 10 minutes is enough waiting. Let's go.

Sorry about that, I fell asleep half an hour before :x

• Haha 1

Rollers use 33% less ink when rolling at top speed...

I'm so bloody happy!

• Like 2

A minor thing I noticed now but with the new patch when you leave Salmon Run mode, you appear right outside of Grizzco Industries so that you are near the desk to collect your prizes. Originally the game would warp you back to the other side of the plaza, near the yellow truck meaning you had to walk all the way back to the counter.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Helmsly said:

A minor thing I noticed now but with the new patch when you leave Salmon Run mode, you appear right outside of Grizzco Industries so that you are near the desk to collect your prizes. Originally the game would warp you back to the other side of the plaza, near the yellow truck meaning you had to walk all the way back to the counter.

The fact that they’ve gone and made this particular improvement so far into the lifespan of the game, but still refuse to provide the option of skipping the intro, is pretty annoying.

• Like 3

Heads up guys. There's an easy couple of Superbonuses for Salmon Run today.

The weapon selection is a bunch of ridiculously overpowered weapons that genuinely feel like you're hacking the game. It's amazingly fun.

Me and some of the community centre kids played a few rounds and we got 29 golden eggs in one wave once before more showed up and we played Smash.

Would anyone like to group up with me for a couple of hours at around 5-ish?

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Would anyone like to group up with me for a couple of hours at around 5-ish?

Yeah, I’m up for that.

• Like 1