NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

I was in a coma yesterday, otherwise I would have been up for some games.

Did play some Octo expansion, enough to unlock my Octo girl. Some of those stages are just devious though.. Those ride the rails stages.. Argh. They make me want to destroy something. Overall though, I prefer these to the main single player.. Like said above, the stages are smaller and focus on a single challenge or gimmick. I love the 8-ball stages. I love the expansion (ceretain stages aside), though for Splatoon 3, I'd love an actual story-based single player. Not with number of abstract challenge arenas like we have with the main and octo single player now, but actual environments where Inklings live, with more cutscenes and dialogue, and NPC's etc.

Next Splatfest is up! Incredibly important this time!

Dfvroa5UwAAXCV9.png

I think we should get another N-Europe Splatfest session going, it's been too long.

N-Europe Splatfest of Pulpitude!

• Splatfest starts on Saturday 23rd at 3pm and continues for 24 hours. (UK Time)
  • Each Group needs 4 people in order to form a team.
  • To sign up, declare what team you're on and when you'll be available.
  • If 4 people are available at the same time, you're good to go!

Team All about them retro bits

Team Silky Smooth Stability

@Glen-i - Saturday 3pm to Sunday 1am

@RedShell

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2

Finished Octo Expansion over the weekend, absolutely sensational DLC!! Just fantastic. :yay:
Can't believe I was almost going to miss out on this. Enjoyed it way more than the standard single player campaign. If there's a Splatoon 3 in the works (which let's face it, there will be :hehe:) I really hope its single player content is based more around the design of Octo Expansion. :)

The whole thing was awesome, but nothing prepared me for the sheer insanity that was the final boss...

Spoiler

Holy crap! :o

Df0HE-PVMAMcku_.jpg:large

Df0HJT8UcAAtLuz.jpg

Yeah, was seriously not expecting that. :laughing:

Marina's "mspaint" explanations were hilarious: :D

Df0HNFFU0AAnp1F.jpg:large 

Love how it was Turf War too:

Df0HRLeUYAASwxg.jpg:large

And the music... my word, the music was simply incredible: :bouncy:

Goosebumps every time. Only problem is the riff from Smoke on the Water cannot be unheard. :grin:

1306235372_arm_hair_raising.gif

Not to mention that final attack... :cool:

Df0HVKxU8AEaLTB.jpg:large

So so good. :bowdown:

Man, what a finale!:

Df0Sat1UcAAHZrr.jpg:large

:love:

Yeah, that level of crazy is Nintendo firing on all cylinders. It's a beautiful sight (and sound ;)) to behold.

Shout-out to the localisation team too, for some classic references:

Spoiler

DfuHUn9U8AEkckU.jpg:large

DfuHQuYUYAEpkl8.jpg:large

DfuHMiJU8AAjXjg.jpg:large

Top-notch stuff. :laughing:

And last but not least, I love using my Octoling in multiplayer! Best of all, his afro gets perfectly deformed when donning various hats:

UHDCvSv.jpg

:D Never going back to an Inkling now.

Ooh, just remembered! There's another cool little feature to the Octo Expansion once you beat it:

Spoiler

You can obtain items from a vending machine at the station using the points you collected. Money/Exp boosts, Ability Chunks and tickets!

Df0S8YQVQAAjuuL.jpg:large

Which is great as it keeps the DLC relevant even after you've finished it.

Anyway, that's enough of me blabbing. :heh:
TL;DR, Octo Expansion is amazing and you should get it. ;)

• Like 5

I'm up for some Splatfesting this weekend. Could join on Saturday from 3 to around 5, Sunday I still have to see. And I like it smooth as well! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Thanks 1

I picked this up on the sale.

Reached lvl 7 or 8.

I'm a bit meh on it. I think the controls are fiddly, maybe that's just the tiny Switch sticks. I really don't like that you can't change weapons once you're in a game. It feels a bit unfriendly to beginners. It's enjoyable to play while watching something on TV but I could hardly say it holds my attention.

Is there any skill based matchmaking in this? I came top of my team every game in a 10-game losing streak. I was usually the lowest level by quite some way.

What am I missing?

Also, sitting through a 'News update' every time I switch the game on is getting real old real fast.

Edited by Daft

57 minutes ago, Daft said:

I picked this up on the sale.

Reached lvl 7 or 8.

I'm a bit meh on it. I think the controls are fiddly, maybe that's just the tiny Switch sticks. I really don't like that you can't change weapons once you're in a game. It feels a bit unfriendly to beginners. It's enjoyable to play while watching something on TV but I could hardly say it holds my attention.

Is there any skill based matchmaking in this? I came top of my team every game in a 10-game losing streak. I was usually the lowest level by quite some way.

What am I missing?

Also, sitting through a 'News update' every time I switch the game on is getting real old real fast.

I also found the joycons way too fiddly to use, to the point that I wasn't liking the game at all. I was used to playing the first game with the Wii U gamepad for over a year. I've found the pro controller much much better though and the game feels great with it.

With match making, you *should* be put into groups with players of a similar level to you. I was going to say that maybe because the game is a year old, there are not many level 7's around but being as there its on sale, there should be a ton of new players online right now.

also yeah, that News update is very annoying. I honestly do not know why we can't skip it. Its especially bad when there is a new update, new weapons, splatfest announcement as well as Salmon run being live announcement all at the same time, as well as them telling you about the two turf war and ranked mode maps before you can start playing.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 2

I may try and pick up a Pro Controller then.

I'll dip back into it again soon.

Yeah, the unskippable news update is still the absolute worst thing about the original Splatoon and Splatoon 2. No idea why they won't enable an option for people to skip it, makes no sense at all. ::shrug:

Anyway, I finished up Octo Expansion 100% yesterday, so all true Mem cakes obtained and the additional final boss defeated!

That boss fight is certainly up there as one of the most challenging things Nintendo has ever created! :o I see there's been quite a lot of complaining about it online, seems some people really don't like the difficulty of it. Personally, I found it to be hilarious. :laughing: There's no doubt it is incredibly tough and the odds are very much stacked against the player, but that makes it all the more enjoyable I reckon. Not to mention super satisfying when you finally beat it. Plus, at the end of the day it's an optional boss fight for those that fully complete the rest of the DLC, so yeah, it should be hard, that's basically the whole point.

For anyone that wants to know what it is and why it's so difficult, click below.

Spoiler

Basically it's another rematch against your character from the first game (Agent 3), it takes place in a relatively small area and this time the CPU controlled Agent 3 is on steroids! :heh:Which is an understatement. :D

Yep, here's what makes it crazy:

• Agent 3 moves insanely fast, and can dodge roll multiple times despite not wielding Dualies.
  • His/her accuracy is pretty much perfect, so you're non-stop under pressure.
  • Their movement doesn't seem to be hindered by your ink at all.
  • They basically have unlimited special attack at their disposal, and the type of special changes with each phase.
  • This is in addition to the Splashdown they use throughout the battle whenever Super Jumping.
  • They also have an Autobomb with a blast radius that's waaaaay larger than it should be.
  • It takes multiple hits to damage Agent 3 and trigger the next phase, meanwhile they can kill you very, very quickly.
  • There are 5 phases in total to the battle, each one is super intense.

It's not dissimilar to facing a hacker online, the CPU is essentially doing stuff that is normally impossible, i.e. cheating. :hehe:

Despite the difficulty, I eventually managed to win. It took a lot of attempts, but (for me at least) it was always fun. :)

Here's what you get, BTW:

Spoiler

DgFTfgRUwAAvKBo.jpg:large

My stylin' Octoling: :grin:

yFLKb93.jpg

Any plans for post-MKLeague Splatoon tomorrow night? If so, I'm in! Although League Battle should probably be avoided at the moment, apparently there's an issue where people using hacked Switch systems can force anyone into matches on unreleased stages. :hmm: Not sure if that could result in bans for legit players, but would rather not risk it, just in case. 

• Thanks 1

I was going to play some Hollow Knight, but I can join you later. Team Octoling? :D

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

I'm up for it.

4 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I was going to play some Hollow Knight, but I can join you later.

Cool.

Anyone else?

5 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Team Octoling? :D

Hell yeah. :grin:

Hmm... Not enough of us for a private battle, so I'm just gonna jump into Turf War or Salmon Run.

Anyway, feel free to join whenever. :peace:

21 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Ah crap, and again! :mad:

Sorry @Ike, but I’m gonna call it a day. Cheers for playing though. :) 

No problem! Thanks for the games. :peace:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

#teamnopulp

Is that just you declaring your impeccable taste or you declaring yourself available for teaming up?

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Is that just you declaring your impeccable taste or you declaring yourself available for teaming up?

Both :hehe:

If there's one more No-Pulp person, We might be able to form a team between @RedShell, @Ike and Me.

Come on, we're this close.

Playing with randoms feels so unfulfilling compared to N-Europers.

• Like 1

Got a feeling team No-pulp is doomed, team-pulp is pretty much nowhere to be seen. And as we all know by now, the popular choice never wins. :heh: