NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

3 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Lol. That team was hilarious. :laughing:

I can't imagine they win a lot of matches though.

I kept rolling into Umbrellas, only to realise there's no-one behind it.

EDIT: OK, I think I'm done now.

Thanks for making the second half of the team @RedShell and @Nicktendo. Appreciate it.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2

Was good fun! Crazy vibe in league mode. We didn't have any really close games, either got destroyed or destoryed them. Would love to try it again sometime! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I can't imagine they win a lot of matches though.

I kept rolling into Umbrellas, only to realise there's no-one behind it.

EDIT: OK, I think I'm done now.

Thanks for making the second half of the team @RedShell and @Nicktendo. Appreciate it.

You’re welcome, cheers for the games. :)

Just now, Nicktendo said:

Was good fun! Crazy vibe in league mode. We didn't have any really close games, either got destroyed or destoryed them. Would love to try it again sometime! 

Yeah, League mode is pretty weird like that. Good fun indeed though, I just wish it wasn’t so flaky. 

Anyway, catch you next time. Probably Thursday night.

:peace:

1 minute ago, Nicktendo said:

Yeah, for all the annoyance that comes with the low amount of people getting a group together, when you get a bunch of games going, you start to kinda get what works for the team.

If anyone is up for Salmon Run, I'll happily jump in with them.

Only with at least one N-Europe bloke though. Randoms just aren't as fun.

Just now, Glen-i said:

Yeah, for all the annoyance that comes with the low amount of people getting a group together, when you get a bunch of games going, you start to kinda get what works for the team.

If anyone is up for Salmon Run, I'll happily jump in with them.

Only with at least one N-Europe bloke though. Randoms just aren't as fun.

Oh poo. Just closed the game. 

Can’t be dealing with Pearl and Marina again. :D Up for a few games of Rocket League instead?

2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Oh poo. Just closed the game. 

Can’t be dealing with Pearl and Marina again. :D Up for a few games of Rocket League instead?

Hmmm... Yeah, go on then.

• Thanks 1

Would've joined if I were home.

Anyway, one of my highlights from Thursday.

Anyway, I'm not doing voice chat any time soon, but I saw discord mentioned (again) I think somewhere. Is there an NE group? I could keep a tab open for that. I don't do Whatsapp..

Edited by Sméagol
  • Haha 4

So I had a look at the "detailed information" from our little venture into 4-player league battles the other night.

For that 2-hour time slot,  we ranked 38th!!

...Out of 44 teams :laughing:

Good job all round @Glen-i @RedShell

"I'll get you next time!"

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

So I had a look at the "detailed information" from our little venture into 4-player league battles the other night.

Did we finish above “The Agents” though? :heh: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Did we finish above “The Agents” though? :heh: 

Yes, they were 41st! :bouncy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Well, put it this way we only played for half of the time.

So, surely it makes perfect sense to double how good we are.

Therefore, by pure logic, we placed 19th. That's pretty good.

The biggest question is who hell were the 3 teams that placed below the agents?

• Haha 2

Thoroughly enjoyable video there, @RedShell

Still doesn't make me any happier with your uncanny knack of totally owning me with that insanely slow roller.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Octoling amiibo, plus new stages and weapons until the end of the year.

Edit:

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

On 17/05/2018 at 11:58 AM, RedShell said:

While I continue to really enjoy the online multiplayer in this, I'm not so keen on the single player aspect. I finished all the stages and final boss ages ago, but never collected all of the scrolls and stuff. Tried to get back into it recently to do that, but just can't seem to stick with it, I always end up playing online. :grin: So yeah, not sure now if the Octo Expansion would be a good buy for me really as it's so heavily focused on single player content. :hmm:

Made the mistake of watching this on Treehouse Live... and yeah, couldn't resist after that. :hehe:

I am actually enjoying it more than the standard single player so far though, there's some highly amusing dialogue in it: :laughing: 

Spoiler

DfpBRhBUEAA2B_H.jpg:large

DfpBVUbUwAAPMpi.jpg:large

DfpHZmiVAAE9kgh.jpg:large

You can rock an afro as the male Octoling too, which is awesome!: :D

DfpBJuiUYAACYR-.jpg:large

Great vibe throughout the new locations as well, and there's lot's of cool stuff floating around in the stages, stuff like this:

Spoiler

DfpHVpwVQAAJ_sJ.jpg:large

:cool:

Anyone else pick it up?

• Like 2

I am really unsure about buying it as I didn't enjoy single player much at all. In fact I found it a bit of a chore to get through. Is this DLC just more levels in the vain of single player mode or did they do something different with it?

Edited by Helmsly

1 minute ago, Helmsly said:

I am really unsure about buying it as I didn't enjoy single player much at all. In fact I found it a bit of a chore to get through. Is this DLC just more levels in the vain of single player mode or did they do something different with it?

It’s a bit of a mix really. The stages feel shorter in this and they generally involve completing a certain task, like defeating a group of enemies, guiding a ball to a specific location, getting through a stage with limited ink, popping balloons, etc... Weapons are also determined by the stage, sometimes you get a choice from a limited selection (which also effects difficulty/reward), sometimes you get no weapon at all! :o 

So yeah, it kind of feels like a collection of 80 mini challenges really. I’m enjoying it more than the standard single player, but a lot of that is probably down to the humour and vibe of the Octo Expansion. :hehe:

Check out the Treehouse Live video on this from yesterday, it should give you a better idea of what it’s like.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh man, that cutscene when you obtain one of the Thangs! :cool::grin: Nintendo should use the 80s aesthetic more often. :yay:

Also, how's this for a hilarious attention to detail?:

Spoiler

DfpyDLwUwAALFyq.jpg:large

Check the yellowing on those SNES consoles! :laughing:

:bowdown:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I always found the levels in Single player really long and boring, so good to hear these seem to be snappier.

That Alt + F4 got a good chuckle.

I might have to give this a go. Maybe it'll make me actually decent with any weapon that's not a Roller. Spoiler: No, it won't

• Haha 1

How does switching between Inkling and Octoling work with Online?

Anyone playing tonight? I can hopefully get on for 21.30 uk